I am never preordering a Bioware product again

kingsab

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingsab, here's food for thought:

Yesterday, I was kicked from the server to find myself in a queue for re-login. Granted, it was "only" a 30 minutes queue, so compared to some EU English PVP servers, which had 1:30 hrs and more, I was rather "lucky". When I was happily waiting to get back in, I was kicked from that queue, my client crashed and I had to go through a new queue again.

Actually I did't mind much, because this is what happens when a lot of people want to log on. In fact, it gave me time to talk to my wife for a change (there just wasn't enough time for more than just talking ;) ).

Now, imagine the following:

Every single pre-order up-to-date would be allowed in at the same time. And yes, that would then include you. Know what would happen then? If not, I can tell you.

Constant crashes, queue times up to 3 hours or more, frustration all over the place.

And now my question to you:

Would you be happier waiting in a queue for 3 hours or more or would you rather wait maybe a day or two and instead have a rather smooth experience?

You can only answer that question for yourself, and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise or to be quiet. I just want to direct your mind to another point of view.

Wrong choice? Nowhere was I warned that my choice was "wrong" in pre-ordering late. I saw a game I liked, and said "yeah, I'll pre-order it".

Then, after the fact it goes through the effort to warn me that I won't get early access until Bioware thinks I should, after EA has my money all secured for the 20th.

It's not about the time I get early access anymore. It's about the way it was(and is being) handled and advertised.

I guess I shoulda pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 5 years ago, just to make sure Bioware thinks I'm in the "worthy" club for whatever pre-order bonuses come with that game.

You are a moron...

When they very first announced Pre-Orders and Early access it said quite clearly that the earlier you redeem your code the earlier you would get into the early access program. They never hid that, put it in small font, or used any other duplicity to trick you into pre-ordering.

Stop whining, if you are so upset about this imagined injustice then cancel your pre-order and go back to WoW. Honestly no matter how they handled it there would have been people like you complaining like crazy. Had they just let every single person in on the 13th, the servers would have been queued like crazy, laggy, etc... and you would have made a post about how BioWare lied to you about being able to play.

Also, early access wasn't even supposed to start until the 15th, assuming you get in tomorrow that means you had a 3 day way, so if they hadn't added those two extra days you wouldn't even be getting in until the 18th; instead they bumped it two days so now you are going to get in on the 16th (One day after their advertised starting point for EA)

Suck it up and be happy with what you get or leave. Or at least just post your agreement in one of the 2,000 other threads just like this one made by whiney little morons just like you instead of adding another one to the list and covering up all of the actually useful and intellectual posts the mature members of the community are making.

(Decided to unleash all my annoyance at all these stupid posts on you in one place)

Hope a mod closes this thread and an admin bans your MAC Address from all BioWare services.

I agree with the OP that paying a pre-order fee just to get a 1 day jump is BS. However, I dont agree with makeing everyone suffer. In regaurds to pre-ordering early. Unlike the majority of the people that didnt pay for or research the game themselves, I prefer to know what im getting into before I drop 60$. So for all you posters that are crying about the OPs post...shut up and get rid of your 10yr old "I was here first" attitude.

They said all along that it would be first come first served.

What do you want, OP? Open the floodgates and then every server has a queue?

Heck, there are already threads about waiting queues and people complaining. Bioware can't win. If they're cautious, people like you complain. If they are optimistic, they risk queues and other people complain.

You know what I want? I want them to have the infrastructure in place to be able to support the amount of preorders they sold. They knew exactly how many preorders they sold and how many copies they sent to stores. You don't sell more licenses then you are capable of supporting, that's unethical. The 20th will be a fiasco like you have never seen once the store bought copies start trying to log on, mark my words.

They said it was staggered from like day 1, and they said it was the earlier you preorder the earlier you get in.

This was common knowledge.

They did? Not all of us follow the forums religiously. This was not mentioned anywhere on the pre-order screen on origin. I was led to believe I would have a fair chance at early access, only to find out after I had given EA my credit card number that there would be a staggered release and that I would only get in if I pre-ordered sometime before Duke Nukem Forever started development.

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

This is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Hey BioWare, there are some sane people here. Don't listen to this moron.

This is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Hey BioWare, there are some sane people here. Don't listen to this moron.

You're obviously not one of them, nor even of any base intelligence to be responding to a legitimate complaint. Why not go ********** to Princess Leaia rule 34 for the 10th time today?

Edited by kingsab

You're obviously not one of them, nor even of any base intelligence to be responding to a legitimate complaint. Why not go ********** to Princess Leaia rule 34 for the 10th time today?

10 times is quite a bit, dude must be a stallion (good job bro!!)

Your complaining because you didn't read what they said. The info about it being first come first serve was right with all the other pre-order info, not buried in the forums. And again, feel free to cancel your pre-order and hitch-hike your way back to WoW (yes I'm saying your too young to drive).

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

They said from the get go that early access invites are distributed in regards to when you pre-ordered the game. Those who pre-ordered early will likely receive an early access invite before those who only pre-ordered within the last couple months. Unless you were one of the first to pre-order the game, you shouldn't get upset over receiving a late invite.

After all, the official release is only days away! ;)

You have no legitimate complaint!

They have said all along that early access would be first come first served. Ignorance is no excuse.

EA is a gift not a right.

I agree with the OP that paying a pre-order fee just to get a 1 day jump is BS. However, I dont agree with makeing everyone suffer. In regaurds to pre-ordering early. Unlike the majority of the people that didnt pay for or research the game themselves, I prefer to know what im getting into before I drop 60$. So for all you posters that are crying about the OPs post...shut up and get rid of your 10yr old "I was here first" attitude.

I got in several days ago. All I paid for was a pre-order fee which will be applied to the final price. I didn't drop $60. Notice the date when I registered this forum account. I've been following the development closely since it was announced. I think I have patiently earned by head start. Maybe I'll cancel my pre-order just to spite you and pick up the game from the store while riding out my grace period.

10 times is quite a bit, dude must be a stallion (good job bro!!)

Your complaining because you didn't read what they said. The info about it being first come first serve was right with all the other pre-order info, not buried in the forums. And again, feel free to cancel your pre-order and hitch-hike your way back to WoW (yes I'm saying your too young to drive).

I'm complaining because what was said was not made clear on the places where it mattered the most, which would be the pre-order pages for the game.

If the pre-order page would have said something like "* Early access invites will be tiered and doled out based solely on when you pre-ordered, so pre-ordering now is sorta pointless", I would have jack to complain about, but it wasn't. It was "PRE-ORDER FOR EARLY ACCESS".."OK, TAKE MY MONEY(says I)".."THANKS FOR THE MONEY, HEY FYI, YOUR ACCESS WILL BE AT OUR DISCRETION."

Edited by kingsab

To the OP, interesting story...

Sadly I work retail and the other day I had a customer who INSISTED that when she purchased product A, she was suppose to get a $5 gift card. With hundreds of promotions every week, I'm just not able to familiarize myself with every last one. Needless to say, the customer was being less then cordial with me about it. So rather then just give it to them, I went to the shelf and grabbed the sign and brought it back and showed it too her.

And the customer was partially correct, they were suppose to recieve a $5 gift card when they PURCHASED 2 of product A, not just one. She of course apologized and went on her way.

The lesson you should take away from this story is read the whole sign and not just part of it. I preordered my game Dec. 13th knowing very well that my chances of getting in 5 full days was slim. But I'm not attacking BioWare for the choice I made. INSTEAD, I'm kicking myself in the butt asking myself why I didn't preorder it earlier.

So just take a deep breath, calm down and learn to read the whole sign. The only one you have to blame here is yourself.

I for one hope all the cry babies who can't read, follow directions, and are upset they don't get to play a game as much before it's actually released cancel their preorders and NOT buy the game.

That's LESS of a wait I have to deal with on the server screen.

OHHH, and WoW has Pandas and pokemon now for you...all the more reason.

They did? Not all of us follow the forums religiously. This was not mentioned anywhere on the pre-order screen on origin. I was led to believe I would have a fair chance at early access, only to find out after I had given EA my credit card number that there would be a staggered release and that I would only get in if I pre-ordered sometime before Duke Nukem Forever started development.

Lets say you buy a car that takes a special brand of oil. It states it in the user manual that you get with the car. You use the wrong type and screw up your car because you didn't read the manual.

That's not the fault of the auto maker, or the dealer. Thats your fault because you were given that information.

Lets say you go to ITT tech and work towards your **cough** degree. You change colleges and find out that none of your credits transfer. Its not the college's fault because they tell you on their commercials that they likely do not transfer. On the pamplets you get, it tells you they won't transfer. It is your fault for choosing that college.

The disclaimer for the head start has been here since preorders started (before preorders went live they said CE was 7 days, SE was 3, but that was changed prior to the preorders starting). It isn't Bioware's fault you didn't do any homework at all.

What did you think up to 5 days of early access meant? The whole up to thing should have made you look into it a bit further

Got my early game access code at noon on 12/15/2011. I pre-ordered the game on 12/3/2011.

When did you order yours? Yesterday? I'm getting my physical game-box with disc in the mail tomorrow 12/16/2011. It's already in my city waiting to be delivered.

So if I could order so late and still be satisfied, why aren't you?!

Edited by TaiRei

If the pre-order page would have said something like "* Early access invited will be tiered and doled out based solely on when you pre-ordered, so pre-ordering now is sorta pointless", I would have jack to complain about, but it wasn't.

No, instead they said your access will depend on when you redeem your code. (Which of course can be done earlier if you pre-order early)

Small, but significant difference. If you fail to understand that, nobody can help you. And no one wants to either.

The info was there, from the momment pre-order was announced and available.

I'm complaining because what was said was not made clear on the places where it mattered the most, which would be the pre-order pages for the game.

If the pre-order page would have said something like "* Early access invites will be tiered and doled out based solely on when you pre-ordered, so pre-ordering now is sorta pointless", I would have jack to complain about, but it wasn't. It was "PRE-ORDER FOR EARLY ACCESS".."OK, TAKE MY MONEY(says I)".."THANKS FOR THE MONEY, HEY FYI, YOUR ACCESS WILL BE AT OUR DISCRETION."

It was clear enough to me!