I am never preordering a Bioware product again

kingsab

Yeah that's why it physically states "Pre-order fee" on the receipt. I've had this argument on another thread already with a bunch of moany kids so not going to get into it here. But word for word it called it a "Pre-order fee" Make of it what you want and move on.

I won't argue about what your receipt says, and I actually believe you that it says that, but my point is that when you pre-order a game, you pay the same exact (well, not exact, taxes vary from place to place) price as someone who buys the game day one without a pre-order.

Pre-ordering a game should really only entitle you to having a copy of the game when it comes out, but companies have been nice enough to throw in some free goodies, and all people can do is complain about how it's not good enough. Entitled little brats.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Public-Access is on the 20th December. If you get to play before then it is indeed "Early Access", regardless of whether it is a day or a week.

2) BioWare up front said the earlier you registered your code the sooner you would get into game. Clearly you thought everyone who had been buying it for the last three months prior to you buying it had decided not to enter their code. You were wrong.

3) YOU would prefer a rough game launch because you would sooner put yourself over the millions of people who have come before you. Though it might not be my place I will at this point speak on behalf of those millions and say "They would sooner choose a steady game launch if it is at your expense".

1) How many bronie points does BioWare give for being a brown noser?

2) What can I redeem the brownie points for?

3) Where can I sign up to be an unofficial representative, knowitall about BioWare Software Development Lifecycle, BioWare server infrastructure, and BioWare marketing strategy?

I don't really care at what time I get access currently, as I have pretty much resigned myself to getting into Bioware's "catch all " wave for everyone who they didn't think deserved to get legitimate early access, as was advertised.

As advertised? Read it again.

And for the record, I pre-ordered a digital copy, as I didn't trust Bioware to get me a physical copy when promised, which looks like it was a good idea.

Really? My physical copy has already shipped, and according to the tracking info, it's due to arrive today

Pre-Ordering originally was a way for consumers to get on a guaranteed list for receiving the game at launch. Thus avoiding possible selling out. Digital downloading has mostly eliminated this possibility. So companies are offering more incentive now.

1) How many bronie points does BioWare give for being a brown noser?

2) What can I redeem the brownie points for?

3) Where can I sign up to be an unofficial representative, knowitall about BioWare Software Development Lifecycle, BioWare server infrastructure, and BioWare marketing strategy?

Common sense school. :)

I'm seriously curious as to why people are QQing about not having access to the game yet. Seriously, they announced this whole idea a LONG time ago. If you pre-ordered early, you got in before others. If you pre-ordered later, you got in after others. You can't sit here and complain and troll and QQ about not being in when you had a chance to purchase it early and didn't. If you purchased yours in November, then congrats. You will probably get in early but it won't be day 1 or day 2.

Don't QQ about your failure to act and then expect to not get trolled about it.

/world's tiniest violin for you now go cry to your mother or whomever you need to about how unfair Internets treats you *poutface*

I'm seriously curious as to why people are QQing about not having access to the game yet. Seriously, they announced this whole idea a LONG time ago. If you pre-ordered early, you got in before others. If you pre-ordered later, you got in after others. You can't sit here and complain and troll and QQ about not being in when you had a chance to purchase it early and didn't. If you purchased yours in November, then congrats. You will probably get in early but it won't be day 1 or day 2.

Don't QQ about your failure to act and then expect to not get trolled about it.

/world's tiniest violin for you now go cry to your mother or whomever you need to about how unfair Internets treats you *poutface*

the stupid server is crashing with 10k people on it.

and 1.999 million people have yet to be given access.

People really will find anything to moan about if they can, its unbelievable the amount of whining on these forums.

Bioware stated from day one of pre orders that the faster you redeem your pre order code the faster you get in during Early Access... if this game was a big deal to you (as in you've been following it for years) or you knew you wanted to get in soon as the servers opened you should've pre ordered on July 21st.

But instead because you pre order literally a week or two before launch you selfishly expect Bioware to screw over all the close followers of the game who pre ordered in July-August and you'd rather have crashing servers and hours of queues so you can get in literally 2 days sooner.

Does it really matter to people that much that others who ordered fairly get to play before them? Why the hell does anyone care that people will be higher level then you? It isn't going to matter whatsoever in a few weeks.

This launch has been nothing but great for me, I pre ordered July 21st got in first wave... the servers have slowly filled and its been nothing but smooth lag free gameplay. I got my CE delivered to me on the 15th, entered my code, got my in game stuff and I'm all set up to continue uninterrupted on the 20th. Smoothest MMO launch ever!

im in the same boat as you but to be honest, our bad. we should have pre-ordered sooner.

its kind of like getting mad at people in the front of the line ya know.

relax and we will all get in soon.

I wish everybody had this train of thought.

I understand the OP's concerns, I was not invited on the first day even though I ordered only 7 days after the pre-order was announced. I was kind of bummed thinking that my names were going to be taken, people were going to be in their 20's, etc. Yes, some of my choice names were gone and yeah there were some higher levels by the time I entered the game.

The point is that I was late to the party on my own account due to pre-ordering the game late. Luckily for me there were still some nachos remaining when I did arrive. You are arriving to the party extremely late because you arrived late in your pre-order. Sorry but all of the beer is gone...and there are no nachos either.

The rules were outlined in advance. Pre-order and you get nachos & beer.

Edited by Nowhere

I've had to miss days of early access time due to being stuck in a hospital, I've so very little sympathy.

Took an arrow to the knee, eh? Happens to the best of us... :D

No but in all seriousness I hope you are feeling better and make a speedy recovery, I just couldn't resist cracking that one out.

Im one of the dummies that pre-ordered late because I can only purcahse online with my credit card in the same month.

Anyway I feel the EGA was good ideia and im not in yet but think bioware actually did us a favour and started 2 days early, so instead of us only having maybe one day access we get 4 =)

Everyone else should be in today so huzzah! No more QQ'ing, if so the doors that way

-->

They will be back here QQ about queue times. If there are no queue times then they will cry about something else.

Nature of the beast.

The good news. Dec 21/2012 it won't matter one iota. There will be no one on these boards to QQ. There won't be any people left because the world is ending. The Mayans sent me a memo... ;)

Like I always say Haters gonna Hate, best thing to do is ignore them. I love how I'm apparently a Bioware fanboy now just because I've had no problems with their launch and think everyone else needs to stop whining and grow up.

Pfft fanboy. Just because you enjoy this game, I can't believe you. How dare you enjoy a piece of entertainment such as this. I mean this game is glorious, how dare you enjoy it :)

The good news. Dec 21/2012 it won't matter one iota. There will be no one on these boards to QQ. There won't be any people left because the world is ending. The Mayans sent me a memo... ;)

No they didn't they just aint around any more to do the next calender lolz. It actually amazes me how many nutballs actually don't realise that and think the world is gonna end. So funny.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.