I am never preordering a Bioware product again

kingsab

Now please, stop complaining. You're going to get more early access than some games give, now be patient and wait for your invite.

Quantity is not always greater than quality.

Some of us just wanted an even playing field @ release, regardless of how many days of EGA.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DUDE!

Here is the flash screen on July 21 2011 as posted by one of the fan sites.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/21/star-wars-the-old-republic-pre-order-is-live/

Here is the full shot of the pre order page.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-07-19/swtor_tbd_to_tba_preorder_info_leak.shtml

That is what the pre order page looked like on JULY 21 2011. Notice the big bold letters?

Suck it up, you did not do due diligence! Ignorance is not a defense. You go to any country in the world and break a law you can't defend yourself with the words "I didn't know"!

Again I ask.

Cheese, tissue or hot beverage?

Dude.. evidence, logics and facts do not work on these trolls, period.

DUDE!

Here is the flash screen on July 21 2011 as posted by one of the fan sites.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/21/star-wars-the-old-republic-pre-order-is-live/

Here is the full shot of the pre order page.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-07-19/swtor_tbd_to_tba_preorder_info_leak.shtml

That is what the pre order page looked like on JULY 21 2011. Notice the big bold letters?

Suck it up, you did not do due diligence! Ignorance is not a defense. You go to any country in the world and break a law you can't defend yourself with the words "I didn't know"!

Again I ask.

Cheese, tissue or hot beverage?

DUDE! I preodered in the store.

OP - Bioware clearly stated, EVERYWHERE, that you would get UP TO 5 days early access with pre ordering. And even if you just saw the early access bit...you are still going to get early access!!! Offical release is the 20th, today is the 16th, meaning that THERE ARE STILL 4 DAYS LEFT, and that given the way things are going, you will probably get in today. You have not been mislead, treated unfairly, or lied to.

Please stop stealing my oxygen, I hope you never get your key, as the servers will be a better place without you.

Edited by ARMEDRavenwing

Firstly there are a lot of whiners out here.

Secondly, if you were truly a fan, truly waiting for this game since the rumors emerged in 2007 you would have had an asthmatic attack (even though you dont have asthma) rushed to the nearest game merchant, preordered you copy rushed home with the receipt and entered your code.

i was was one of those. I was a smidge upset when I didn't get access the second they said early access was open but I read "You will be admitted in the order you applied" I sat humbly by in my queue.

Thirdly, "The line" since the dawn of time. first come first serve. This motto has served mankind since the invention of fire. You wait in line at the bank, gas station, grocery store what makes this any different. Even when you have a complaint at dell you wait in line; what makes this any different.

So your not the first to 50 i'm sure you'll ruin the game for the rest of us anyway so its good you wait your turn.

Quantity is not always greater than quality.

Some of us just wanted an even playing field @ release, regardless of how many days of EGA.

Well I want a clean bill of health and a million dollars. We don't always get what we want do we? This is a good example. If you wanted to keep up with the Jones, preorder faster or don't. Nobody cares.

Believe it or not, I prefer the chaotic launch like WoW had. I know it sounds stupid, but there were a few things that I was able to do that made it worthwhile.

1) I was able to get a character name I liked. I didn't have to settle for the names that werent chosen by 750,000 players before me, each with up to 8 characters.

2) PvP was fair from the get go if that was your thing. It bugs me that the game went live for me today, and when I hit level 10 and queued up, I had to contend with a bunch of 20's and even 30's with skills much higher than mine. Im not a super hardcore player, so release is about the only chance I have at ever getting an even shot at PvP.

3) They had most of their issues ironed out after day 2 and everyone had access. It will soon be day 4, and there are still folks out there who arent in yet.

All this business about "I pre-ordered first"... so what. It's a pre-order. Since when did games start making it essential to pre-order immediately? That doesn't seem like a very good pattern to start. If people know that 2 months after pre-orders start, their incentive to pre-order really isn't that great, they aren't going to pre-order. I realize the pre-order said "Up to five days" and somewhere out there BW explained the situation. However, traditionally, when people pre-order a game and there are bonuses listed, they have gotten those bonuses. Bioware pulled the rug out from under some folks here, and Im not sure that was a great idea to kick things off. The general forums seem to be full of a lot of negativity, especially considering the great overall quality of the game.

They have sold 2-3 times more pre orders than any game has launched with. Not rally gonna hurt box sales.Those who cancel over the EGA were just looking for an excuse to do it and would have found another one before the 20th.

As for WOW. I recall how many WOW players came back to EQ because their servers were down. It was like that for several weeks and then again when people realized there was really no end game!

Yes it is full of negativity. Our technology has made the world a me first, me first mentality! Simple concept of a line. Not hard to understand and very simple. People have been doing it for several centuries at least!!!

Its the basics of business economy at work, money today is worth more than the same amount tomorrow, as you can then invest it. Those who promised to pay sooner helped more in securing the Biowares finances than those who payed later.

Good thinking. Let's start wishing subscribers away. I'm sure your $15 a month is enough to keep your server going :)

If somone cries like this, i dont see how they are going to be a long time subscriber, and the way I look at it, is that if he never gets into the game, then he doesnt put off any new plays who join by acting like an idiot in it.

So losing his 2-3 months of $15, may in the long run provide $30-45 a month of new people joining the game.

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

Very compelling and new thread.

I like how on one side theres people complaining becasue they didn't get early access as soon as they wished for it (doesn't matter they preorderer yesterday, that's for fanboys and etc) because of Bioware being overly cautious about their access policy

On the other side people are complaining because the queues to get in server are too long and blah blah.

Probably the same people too :D

IT's funny

Its the basics of business economy at work, money today is worth more than the same amount tomorrow, as you can then invest it. Those who promised to pay sooner helped more in securing the Biowares finances than those who payed later.

Whoa buddy slow down.. your talking about basic stuff here..... :p

Thirdly, "The line" since the dawn of time. first come first serve. This motto has served mankind since the invention of fire. You wait in line at the bank, gas station, grocery store what makes this any different. Even when you have a complaint at dell you wait in line; what makes this any different.

Good point. What happens when the lines start getting too long? Some people will wait, but some people will find another place to do business. Overly long lines - not good for business if it means losing customers. This is especially true in businesses where repeat customers (subscriptions?) are essential.

BW made it clear from Day 1 that early access would be based on pre-order. It was all over the pre-order and purchase page. In fact, here's a quote from the initial email that went out announcing the game being available for pre-order: "The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day." If you didn't bother to read the info about the product you were purchasing, that's your fault, not BW's fault.

Also, the $5 pre-order charge is an advance on the cost of the game. It's not an additional fee to buy early access time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.