SWTOR vs SWG

PeacefulViolence

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing that really irked me was getting credits and buying things that costed like 100mil when the seller already had like 800mil already. It took me forever to get to 100mil, so getting a **** load of credits was a pain in the *** and I hardly bought anything unless I really wanted too...but again people made ridiculous prices. I understand some items were rare.....but really? 500mil for a hologram? Or a speeder? Or a jetpack? Come on now...

In this game its kinda better, there isn't things being sold for ridiculous amount of prices(least on my sever) it seems much like the cantina scene in a new hope.

"10,000? We could almost buy our own ship for that."- Luke

Ya....it seems that 10,000 was a lot. In SWG that was piss change, in SW:TOR it has some value.

It wasn't like that in the early days. It got to be that way as a result of a couple of bad exploits which allowed credits to be mutiplied and then credit farmers pulling more credits into the game world than the credit sinks were taking out.

It works just like real world economics; when you increase the supply of money the value of each unit of curency is worth less then before and the prices of the goods goes up. We are seeing something similar with the US dollar today, thanks to the prinitng of money and monitizing the national debt (quantitative easing 1 & 2) the value of the dollar is less than what it was 3 years ago and the prices of the goods (gasoline, food, etc) are climbing.

In the early days the SWG dev team tracked the economy and adjusted the credt sinks to compensate for what the mechanics were putting into the game world. But arounf the time Koster left and the second Lead Dev took over they stopped doing that as much so inflation took hold over each servers economy.

Time will tell if such an issue comes up in SWTOR, although with a less player driven economy the odds are less that it will....but that doesn't mean it can't or won't.

Again to say who would win comes to numbers , that is all ....

SWG not a very big community and never got off the ground

TOR made records in sales and community of active players

SWG lasted 7 years

TOR just came out accouple months ago

If TOR last longer than 7 years it would have beaten it on every level . CloneWars Multiplayer right now has larger numbers of Active players over SWG .

SOE made a mistake in how they made SWG but if they would have done it anyother way it would not have been the SWG you guys loved . SOE admits there mistake but said it was not worth making SWG into a F2P game with really low community.

In the end the players decided who wins and loses and simply enough there are more players right now on TOR than SWG ever had. This can change and I know this like anyother old school MMO player but until it does , numbers give TOR win !

Speaking of theme park , I seem to remember "Jedi Theme Park" that was in SWG ........just another reason I am happy this is not SWG and nothing of SWG is in this game !

I love how all your insults and rude coments didn't change anyones mind so you decide to tell us how to judge th games success.

For me the fun factor and not getting bored or feeling like I am all alone in-game trumps the subscription numbers of what made/makes each game better.

If I had a financial interest in either then the numbers might be a factor.

As you point out SWG was live for MANY years, and that whole time people paid to play, so it had to have something good that kept people playing that long.

Oh, and you are wrong about your constantly changing claims to the SWG sub numbers. SOE never made public knowledge of their total subs (that I saw) and my first hand experiance tells me you are wrong because I know my server had more players than some of the numbers you have claimed for the whole game. (based on player kept lists of guild memebrs, faction members, and friends lists numbers, in the days of one character per server) Multiply that by the number of servers (because I wasn't on one of the higher populated servers) and their total easily out numbers even your most generous guess as to their sub numbers.

I love how all your insults and rude coments didn't change anyones mind so you decide to tell us how to judge th games success.

The game is dead while games like WoW FF11 and Lineage 2 are still going and came out around the time of SWG, heck you can still play UO. Nothing rude , no more than these stupid SWG spams.

For me the fun factor and not getting bored or feeling like I am all alone in-game trumps the subscription numbers of what made/makes each game better.

I am a Adult and I have kids and a wife, nothing frun in playing a game that requires you to put in 8 hrs just so you character can afford 1 piece of gear or 1 skill up in a craft ...........sorry

If I had a financial interest in either then the numbers might be a factor.

Numbers matter , they keep MMOs going . Just look at WoW , Lineage 2 and FF11 ...........still live and still decently full servers , more than SWG ever had.

As you point out SWG was live for MANY years, and that whole time people paid to play, so it had to have something good that kept people playing that long.

Time put into a game will keep any player in that game for most part, not to mention friends met while playing it. I once had a guild leader tell me he would never leave FF11 just because of the time he sunk into it and how he could not think of starting over agin. Dead Servers is what most saw, glad you had the healthy server of decent amount of people but that was rare and at rare times. 50dollars to transfer ones hard earned character to that server was a crazy idea and it just showed SOE wanted to be payed to do anymore for that game.

Oh, and you are wrong about your constantly changing claims to the SWG sub numbers. SOE never made public knowledge of their total subs (that I saw) and my first hand experiance tells me you are wrong because I know my server had more players than some of the numbers you have claimed for the whole game. (based on player kept lists of guild memebrs, faction members, and friends lists numbers, in the days of one character per server) Multiply that by the number of servers (because I wasn't on one of the higher populated servers) and their total easily out numbers even your most generous guess as to their sub numbers.

Numbers are on Wiki, SOE has been open about saying that SWG had poor amount of active accounts . They could have continued with the game if they had worthy numbers but LA and SOE just wanted it to be over with so they both could move on. SOE current makes more money off their clonewars game than it ever did off SWG. Thats raw facts buddy

If SWG was a good game LA would have wished to do a SWG 2 but because it wasn't they moved on . KotoR was a good game and hence KotoR2 a just as good game , and now TOR !

Because KotoR 1 and 2 were such good games LA went with Bioware .

Numbers mean everything in a Market World Economy , thats life and how it is.

Maybe if SWG players did less trolling back when SWG was live and did more supporting their game we would all be playing a SWG 2 , but you guys didn't and this is what you have now or you can move to SWGemu or another Nolifer grinder with no story and endless grinding.

Hey thats not being rude , thats just the facts.

IF SWG WAS A SUCESSFUL GAME TOR WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN , INSTEAD SOE WOULD HAVE MADE SWG 2. keep telling youself it was a good game , thats your opinion. The fact that the WORLD MARKET of MMOers did not take too it says otherwise PERIOD !

Edited by mefit

Tell me what difference does it make to post your love for SWG on TOR forums? Bioware is never gonna bring SWG back to life, its not their game. They cannot use it, it will never happen !

Why not stop wasting air and life with TOR forums and take these threads and post to a none negative feedback area like LA forums or SOE forums where you will only have those who like youself will be able to push for your game back.

No one here wants to grind, if you thought this was gonna be a grinding game than you did not watch or read one interview with Bioware who stated manytimes this was not that type of game.

Posting here about SWG is as constuctive as posting about WoW/Lineage2/EQ/FF11/...........ect ect ect on the TOR forums . TOR is nothing really like any MMO and will stand as its own with success or failure just like SWG .

I wonder, did you guys like seeing WoW threads appearing in SWG forums . I remember alot of rage replies anytime one would appear , so why do the same here ?

You are not going to get the quality of replies as you think you will, but if you do it on the proper forums you just might get a better reply to you wants .

Tell me what difference does it make to post your love for SWG on TOR forums? Bioware is never gonna bring SWG back to life, its not their game. They cannot use it, it will never happen !

I never asked Bioware to make SWG2. Besides the fact I don't think they could if their lives depended on it. They're good at what they do, and sandbox isn't it.

I post about SWG out of pure anger. I don't care if it's bioware's forum or not. The subject's come up, so I post. I'll continue to post about it when the subject comes up for the same reason. I doesn't matter if you like it or not any more than it matter if I like the shutdown of SWG or not.

I'll let it go and move on in about 8 years.

As I've said. I won't violate TOS. I have enough respect for the forum mods to not make their lives any more difficult. But I don't see why I should be nice to anyone, especially in game. There's nothing in the rules that states that I have to be friendly.

Edited by Bluerodian

I played Galaxies for about 7 years as well. Best game I have ever played hands down. I would love to still be playing it. Doubt any game will ever beat it in my mind. That being said, atleast they gave us TOR to play after crushing all our dreams and killing SWG.

Numbers are on Wiki, SOE has been open about saying that SWG had poor amount of active accounts . They could have continued with the game if they had worthy numbers but LA and SOE just wanted it to be over with so they both could move on. SOE current makes more money off their clonewars game than it ever did off SWG. Thats raw facts buddy

If SWG was a good game LA would have wished to do a SWG 2 but because it wasn't they moved on . KotoR was a good game and hence KotoR2 a just as good game , and now TOR !

Maybe if SWG players did less trolling back when SWG was live and did more supporting their game we would all be playing a SWG 2 , but you guys didn't and this is what you have now or you can move to SWGemu or another Nolifer grinder with no story and endless grinding.

IF SWG WAS A SUCESSFUL GAME TOR WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN , INSTEAD SOE WOULD HAVE MADE SWG 2. keep telling youself it was a good game , thats your opinion. The fact that the WORLD MARKET of MMOers did not take too it says otherwise PERIOD !

KOTOR 2 had nothing to do with Bioware.

The rest I agree with, SWG was just the Sims SW at the end, combat was based on buffs not skill and the game was riddled with bugs from day one that never got fixed.

The game it self was beautiful and great to look at but that was it.

I played Galaxies for about 7 years as well. Best game I have ever played hands down. I would love to still be playing it. Doubt any game will ever beat it in my mind. That being said, atleast they gave us TOR to play after crushing all our dreams and killing SWG.

SWG was dead 5 years ago lol, At least we have a SW MMO now with a combat system that actually works.

we also have to be happy that Jedi are not running around with blasters.

Haha, it's funny because SOE pulled the plug because their license with LA ended the same time TOR came out. Says a lot about how they felt about the game. :jawa_tongue:

So I ask:

U MAD?

:tran_grin:

What's really funny is how little you actually know about the situation then proceed with your own ignorantly vitriolic remarks - SOE were forced to pull the plug by Lucasarts who didn't want their own license competing.

They [sOE] would have been happy keeping the subs for the game, they released a statement stating such the year before TOR was released....

Edited by Caspian_Rho

SWG was dead 5 years ago lol, At least we have a SW MMO now with a combat system that actually works.

we also have to be happy that Jedi are not running around with blasters.

You were obviously one of the "I want everything now people that cried and quit SWG way before the true players." There was nothing wrong with the combat system. It worked fine; better than SWTOR's. The world pvp was the best part, and we could engage in 40 v. 40+ person pvp battles almost nightly all the way up until a month or so after they announced its death. The space was a million times better in SWG. The planets were bigger, there was more content, the crafting system was far more complex and diverse, and the player economy was great. Yes, they changed almost everything about the game, but I stuck around, and still had the same enjoyment I always did. This isn't just me. Everyone in my guild, and everyone that I have talked to that now plays SWTOR and played SWG at the time I did, agree. Hard for people to state absolutes about a game they quit long ago.

You were obviously one of the "I want everything now people that cried and quit SWG way before the true players." There was nothing wrong with the combat system. It worked fine; better than SWTOR's. The world pvp was the best part, and we could engage in 40 v. 40+ person pvp battles almost nightly all the way up until a month or so after they announced its death. The space was a million times better in SWG. The planets were bigger, there was more content, the crafting system was far more complex and diverse, and the player economy was great. Yes, they changed almost everything about the game, but I stuck around, and still had the same enjoyment I always did. This isn't just me. Everyone in my guild, and everyone that I have talked to that now plays SWTOR and played SWG at the time I did, agree. Hard for people to state absolutes about a game they quit long ago.

SWG was really bad pre-cu, the whole combat system depended on you having a stat buff you had to buy from a medic/docter(I forgot the exact name).

Also during both pre-cu and cu the decay rates on armor/weapons was really bad, having to buy a new set every 2 days for those who played often was absurd.

I think CU would have been perfect if decay had been removed or made items 100% repairable and a real 3rd axis added to the game.

The one really cool thing about SWG pre-cu, cu was the mixing of different combat professions, which would be nice to see again.

Edited by LoKiei

We too played right through all the changes, as a guild, and I agree that the game was enjoyable through out it's life. I still think that whatever the real reasons for closuere where, the two games could have co-existed,

When the closure was announced, the heart went right out of the game, as there was little to log in for any more. Although we did manage to complete several Rp plots, some of which had been running for years.

On our TS and in guild chat, someone will occasionally say 'I miss SWG' and things fall silent for a short while.

I know SWTOR is a young game and I know SWG had it's problems at launch too, but there is little sense of community in SWTOR and that was something that SWG retained thoughout it's life. I miss that social aspect.

Hurr durr i'mma just compare two unlike games (believe it or not) and start a thread so I can fill the forums with yet another SWG QQ thread.

First, SWG and TOR are COMPLETELY different games. Yes, why? Because, SWG was a "Sandbox" MMO while TOR is a Standard MMO. I put Sandbox in quotations because SOE's intention was never to have SWG to be a Sandbox MMO. But since most of you here claim to have "played" the game since it was released let me bring back some memories:

In 2002, SWG's only competition was Everquest and Planetside. From 02 - 05 the game did okay. But you can pretty much imagine what happened in 2005 that put SWG on life support. In 2005, WoW released and SWG's subscription rate dramatically fell. At this moment the game's death was almost certain, but then someone at SOE said, "let's turn SWG from a standard MMO into a half baked "Sandbox" and call it an "update." At that point the SOE CEO's eyes went: :sy_auction:_:sy_auction: *Cha Ching*

And from then on the game continued to fall deeper in the "hole" it was already in.

Yeah, YOU and most ROLEPLAYERS. SWG at most was a Sims in Space with a grain of Action and Adventure in it.

Basically, SWG consisted of: 97% Roleplay content, 2% PvE content, and 1% PvP content. And with SOE's infamous cold shoulder to their community with what THEY wanted.

*But, if SWG 2 was coming out and you completely ignore everything I said above try not to forget who controls your precious SWG: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/05/sony-online-entertainment-hack/

So, I'm guessing you either never played SWG, or you don't understand the definition of 'Sandbox'. SWG started life as a sandbox, then when WoW came out to critical success, the powers-that-be at SOE wanted a slice of that pie, and took away some of the sandbox elements, turning it more into a "standard" MMO as you put it.

That upset a lot of the original fans, some of whom left (cue massive subscription drop #1 - the 'upgrade caused the subscription drop, it did not happen before that).

Then to try to stop the subs leaking away, the bright sparks at SOE decided to provide us all with a NGE (New Game Experience) which pissed off the rest of the original subscribers (cue massive subscription drop #2).

You are right about one thing though, and if SOE had kept SWG as a niche game aimed at roleplayers, then we would have no doubt kept SWG alive and more profitable than it was, providing, of course, SOE repaired the game back to the way they originally made it.

Last I checked all 9 professions experienced the same "Helping grandma across the street" story.

Ok, so here we have the proof that this guy doesn't understand what a lot of us are talking about in here. 9 professions? They may have 9 professions now, but for the majority of the people mourning SWG, we remember a time when there was closer to 20.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

So, I'm guessing you either never played SWG, or you don't understand the definition of 'Sandbox'. SWG started life as a sandbox, then when WoW came out to critical success, the powers-that-be at SOE wanted a slice of that pie, and took away some of the sandbox elements, turning it more into a "standard" MMO as you put it.

That upset a lot of the original fans, some of whom left (cue massive subscription drop #1 - the 'upgrade caused the subscription drop, it did not happen before that).

Then to try to stop the subs leaking away, the bright sparks at SOE decided to provide us all with a NGE (New Game Experience) which pissed off the rest of the original subscribers (cue massive subscription drop #2).

You are right about one thing though, and if SOE had kept SWG as a niche game aimed at roleplayers, then we would have no doubt kept SWG alive and more profitable than it was, providing, of course, SOE repaired the game back to the way they originally made it.

Ok, so here we have the proof that this guy doesn't understand what a lot of us are talking about in here. 9 professions? They may have 9 professions now, but for the majority of the people mourning SWG, we remember a time when there was closer to 20.

32, I seem to recall.

Its unfair to compare the 2, they aren't the same type of MMO.

Sandbox games have inherently lower populations because they are more like... life.

Theme Park games are all about preventing content from becoming stale, ie. there is always a new ride to ride, or at least the old rides haven't gotten boring yet.

Early in this thread someone was calling this a wow clone with fancy voice overs and that in the end the quests are all the same. This is true to an extent. However, I'm not sure what it is the sandbox crowd wants. RPGs are immersion games, they are about inserting yourself into a character and playing out the story that character is involved in. This is accomplished by swtor better then any MMO to date. Yes, ultimately the tasks boil down to similar actions, but that is true of anything... including life and guess what, the most immersion sandbox mmo would be a near replica of real life in another environment.

If you are looking for a sandbox game, it doesn't take 5 mins of review of this game to KNOW THAT IT ISN'T ONE.

We too played right through all the changes, as a guild, and I agree that the game was enjoyable through out it's life. I still think that whatever the real reasons for closuere where, the two games could have co-existed,

When the closure was announced, the heart went right out of the game, as there was little to log in for any more. Although we did manage to complete several Rp plots, some of which had been running for years.

On our TS and in guild chat, someone will occasionally say 'I miss SWG' and things fall silent for a short while.

I know SWTOR is a young game and I know SWG had it's problems at launch too, but there is little sense of community in SWTOR and that was something that SWG retained thoughout it's life. I miss that social aspect.

I have to agree. A big part was guild relations. I completely forgot player cities and owning houses, diversity in customization, in races, in vehilces, in ships, in weapons, in armor, in absolutely everything in the game. It was mostly the amazing times with guildies or old friends that will be long remembered.

Just because YOU didn't like how SWG played doesn't mean it was a bad game. But despite that you get on here and call SWG a failure among other things, clearly because of what YOU like or don't like. You have made it a point to be rude and insult/attack almost everyone who posts favorable comments about SWG.

You can cite all the numbers you want, from any editable source you like (wiki isn't exactly a relaible source to credit for anything). I know that none of the numbers you have used match what I saw in game on the server I played, and I wasn't on one of the more populated servers.

I never paid to transfer a character, and those who were effected by server merges (when that started happening) got free transfers. So your rant about how much that cost is just a deflection. As is your whole "majority" claim. A game doesn't have to have the highest sub numbers to be successful. If the revenue from the subs pays for the servers, the dev team, other operational costs, and makes a profit then it is successful.

Please show me where SWG players spent more time "trolling" than playing the game. I know I spent many more hours in-game than I did on any web site.

As for your claim that SWG and TOR wouldn't have co-existed, you are wrong. Lucas often issues licenses for multiple similar mercandise, sales of Hasbro SW figures do not suffer sales losses to the line of SW toys Lego sells, but they both sell SW toys. LA wouldn't have a problem with SWG and TOR both operating at the same time because they cater to two diferent fan bases and two diferent types of game player.

You are being rude to many SWG fans on this thread, mostly because they disagree with you and would like to see aspects of SWG integrated into TOR....or would play a SWG2 if it was the sandbox style game. You aren't happy with just saying that you like TOR better, you seem to have an agenda to try and discredit anyone who disagrees with you or has a different opinion.

Edited by Yager

Just because YOU didn't like how SWG lpayed doesn't mean it was a bad game. But despite that you get on here and call SWG a failure among other things, clearly because of what YOU like or don't like. You have make it a point to be rude and insult/attack almost everyone who posts favorable comments about SWG.

If you cannot handle the truth then don't even bother posting or move along like it wasn't there. I have the right to defend the game I care about against those than wish to destroy it with their dead games fuctions .

You can cite all the numbers you want, from any editable source you like (wiki isn't exactly a relaible source to credit for anything). I know that none of the numbers you have used match what I saw in game on the server I played, and I wan't on one of the more populated servers.

Reliable ? LA ran from SWG and was gonna give the rights to make the next SW MMO to anyone who would take it . Cryptic was one of those MMO companies who was gonna make the next SW MMO ! I like Cryptic but I like Bioware more and love TOR !

I never paid to transfer a character, and those who were effected by server merges (when that started happening) got free transfers. So your rant about how much that cost is just a deflection. As is your whole "majority" claim. A game doesn't have to have the highest sub numbers to be successful. If the revenue from the subs pays for the servers, the dev team, other operational costs, and makes a profit then it is successful.

To make profits it does and SWG made little to really nothing in profits , it just shows in how extreme they were in bringing in NGE , they were going to the most extreme mearues to get the game some kinda money and try to attract more subs .

Please show me where SWG players spent more time "trolling" than playing the game. I know I spent many more hours in-game than I did on any web site.

SWG forums was brought down last week or the week before , little too late for that now :/

As for your claim that SWG and TOR wouldn't have co-existed, you are wrong. Lucas often issues licenses for multiple similar mercandise, sales of Hasbro SW figures do not suffer sales losses to the line of SW toys Lego sells, but they both sell SW toys. LA wouldn't have a problem with SWG and TOR both operating at the same time because they cater to two diferent fan bases and two diferent types of game player.

I never said it couldn't have, I am saying SOE and LA wants to close SWG down and be done with it . YOUR GAME WAS DEAD !

You are being rude to many SWG fans on this thread, mostly because they disagree with you and would like to see aspects of SWG integrated into TOR....or would play a SWG2 if it was the sandbox style game. You aren't happy with just saying that you like TOR better, you seem to have an agenda to try and discredit anyone who disagrees with you or has a different opinion.

You don't think SWG fans being constantly rude by attacking TOR is not bad ? You guys are ranting like Bioware owes you a SWG2 and they do not . You game was not good for the Majority get over it !

We live in a world were PROFITS > MINORITY , until you can make operating a game free of cost and ever high end programer and writer willing to work for free !

SWG did not reach or attract the Majority of MMO market because mindless grinding and player made stories is weak in general to try to cover up lack of funds to higher decent programers and writers to make a story and content to follow . ALL BECAUSE IT WAS NOT BRINGING IN MONEY !

I do not want a TOR that has to put making content into the players hands because they do not have the population of subs to afford decent programmers and writers !

If you find my want to not have SWG content in TOR a insult or rude , than so be it . I find your want to have SWG content in TOR insulting and rude as well !

Don't forget that reps from both LA and SOE point-blank said both games WOULD co-exist. Hell, even the devs here would point people to SWG whenever things like space combat or open-worlds would come up so the shutdown blindsided them as much as the players of SWG. Followed up by that gutless Smedley kissing EA/Bioware's ***.

I wouldn't be surprised if it got the nail in the coffin thanks to EA's influence, given their reputation.

Edited by Bluerodian

What's really funny is how little you actually know about the situation then proceed with your own ignorantly vitriolic remarks - SOE were forced to pull the plug by Lucasarts who didn't want their own license competing.

They [sOE] would have been happy keeping the subs for the game, they released a statement stating such the year before TOR was released....

I wouldn't say "forced" to pull the plug. I'm pretty sure SOE were happier than children waking up on Christmas morning when they got the word from Lucas Arts to pull the plug.

Edit: I'm sure your vision of SOE must be their headquarters placed in the small cheery town of "I give a crap." If SOE REALLY cared about you then they wouldn't keep their precious subscribers personal info and credit card information inside a outdated 2007 database.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur
Additions

Silly me, I must've forgotten about the other 3 base professions because of my dedication to removing any memories of SWG from my mind. If only there was a way to go back in time and stop myself from even considering buying SWG. Then maybe I could've saved myself from a horrible excuse for a Star Wars game.

There are twelve professions in the game: Jedi, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, Commando, Spy, Officer, Medic, Entertainer, Trader. Trader is further divided into four separate professions: Domestic Goods (tailoring and cooking), Engineering (droid and vechicle crafting), Structures (shipwright and architect), Munitions (weapons and armor crafting). Progress in these professions is divided into three separate experience source groups: combat, crafting and entertaining. In addition to these professions, a character can also pursue three optional ( they may be advanced in regardless of chosen main profession nor progress in it): Pilot, Chronicler and Politician.

Considering all the FASCINATING options above I think I might as well vouched for a toilet cleaning class since apparently that's what people like to pay money for.

We live in a world were PROFITS > MINORITY , until you can make operating a game free of cost and ever high end programer and writer willing to work for free !

SWG did not reach or attract the Majority of MMO market because mindless grinding and player made stories is weak in general to try to cover up lack of funds to higher decent programers and writers to make a story and content to follow . ALL BECAUSE IT WAS NOT BRINGING IN MONEY !

I do not want a TOR that has to put making content into the players hands because they do not have the population of subs to afford decent programmers and writers !

If you find my want to not have SWG content in TOR a insult or rude , than so be it . I find your want to have SWG content in TOR insulting and rude as well !

It ran for almost 8 years, no game developer is going to run an unprofitable game for that long while losing money to do so. If LA was as unhappy with SOE as you claim they could have pulled the plug MANY years ago but didn't.

You are free to defend the game you love, as others are free to defend the game they loved from baseless attacks like you make.

You want to keep playing the "majority" card, the vast majority of video game players don't play MMO's so by you logic all game you love isn't successful or good beacuse it isn't a FPS Console game selling many more millions of copies.

It isn't what you like or dislike what I find rude or insulting, its the the language that you use to express what you like or dislike. There is a differnce between expressing your opinion and discussing what you like/dislike vs attacking others for their opinions and being rude which is what most of your posts on this thread consist of.

The real test between the two games will be to see where SWTOR is in 8 years. If it follows the pattern of all other MMO's released since SWG and WoW, it will be on fewer servers with a minimal player base, possibly even free to play.

And despite your attitude towards those who like SWG and the many things it did well, I will continue to advocate for improvements to make this game better, and some of them may be inspred by or direct copies of things SWG did and did well.