Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say it again - put items from discontinued events on the CE vendor for credits. That alone will give it tremendous Collectors value as long as you keep up with one time or rare events.

In my mind, how it would work, is you would have event X - and after N amount of time after event X, those items show up on the CE vendor for credits.

Only problem there is that the people who earned the items would complain about devaluing the effort they put into getting those items in the first place

Hey everyone,

I just brought this back to the development team to get some clarification. One thing I can say is you will see something added into the CE vendor in Game Update 1.7.2, so look for it.

I cannot go into any details but I can say that we are exploring different ideas on how to give more consistent and regular updates to the CE vendor going forward. Again I cannot go into any details and these plans are not finalized, but we have definitely not forgotten about the vendor!

-eric

This is wonderful, thank you sir.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a meaningful response on this matter.

I'm sorry that a few are still dissatisfied but I don't think you can ask for more specifics than a version number...

In terms of things that it would be good to see and are essentially low (development-wise) hanging fruit may I add my voice to those that suggested putting discontinued items from previous events on it?

perhaps even those purple crystals that were around for 2 weeks (note I'm not asking for the white ones)

again, many thanks.

Hey everyone,

I just brought this back to the development team to get some clarification. One thing I can say is you will see something added into the CE vendor in Game Update 1.7.2, so look for it.

I cannot go into any details but I can say that we are exploring different ideas on how to give more consistent and regular updates to the CE vendor going forward. Again I cannot go into any details and these plans are not finalized, but we have definitely not forgotten about the vendor!

-eric

Meh, why even bother? It's not like anyone ever goes up in the CE room. Even after adding a GTN/storage/mailbox the area is still completely empty. I imagine whatever little item you do add to the CE is probably going to cost an arm and a leg like everything else in there, and it's probably going to be a pet or something useless.

I'd rather see more incentive for CE owners to actually hang out up there. Of course I imagine a lot of CE owners don't play the game anymore though.

and it's probably going to be a pet or something useless.

Pet... useless!? :eek:

Anyway the whole point is that CE sells only "useless" and cosmetic stuff there, otherwise it would be p2w.

Of course I imagine a lot of CE owners don't play the game anymore though.

Yes, because they were all too busy spamming this thread.

Edited by Aelther

Only problem there is that the people who earned the items would complain about devaluing the effort they put into getting those items in the first place

As opposed to the people complaining about devaluing the effort in getting Black Hole Gear, or Tionese, Columi, and Rakata Gear, and Centurion Gear, etc?

Life goes on in an MMO. Nothing stays the same forever.

Besides, nothing takes away the fun they had in getting those items. And being on the CE vendor still will make such items fairly exclusive, not to mention, with my idea, these people would have about a 3-6 month lead time in terms of having what they earned all to themselves.

I don't think it will be a problem, because you could get the items for free during the event by completing fun quests, but now they would have to pay credits to get them after.

Hey everyone,

-eric

im cautiously positive to this message, i just dont hope we get a "puffgnarl" pet, and then have to wait another year for next update....................

Hello friends, I got some leaked information about what is going to be added to the vendor:

As soon as Patch 1.7.2 hits, the CE-Vendor will wear rainbow tron armor and a moth hat. (no new vendore items though.)

Time to put the pipe down haha.

I just wish the imp CE vendor wasn't stuck in rag doll mode all the time...

Edited by Eillack

Well, this was a nice little surprise.

I really hope that whatever we're getting is armor and/or weapons, though. And preferably Bind to Legacy.

Another pet would be a disappointment, because I really don't care much for pets.

I really hope that whatever we're getting is armor and/or weapons, though. And preferably Bind to Legacy.

Another pet would be a disappointment, because I really don't care much for pets.

Pets - we can't wear and show off in warzones. They're small, not every players pays attention to some small creep on the floor. Armor and our character appearance on the other hand...

How about armor and / or weapons AND a pet. Some people care about pets a lot.

It's the main reason why I bought CE.

In fact it would be nice to see all 4 Korrealis Speeders in CE shop too.

Edited by Aelther

Pessimistic reaction: Even though it's a yellow response in this thread it's still a cryptic message of the future that is typical SOON / we can't tell you BS that all of us know and despise.

Optimistic reaction: At least they responded with getting *something* (which i take as one thing... and will probably be a re-skinned pet...but back to optimism!) and an exact time of when we'll see it.

...yay.

1.7.2 means "next week" thats a pretty definitve answer