Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you currently plan on adding Mentoring/Sidekicking/Apprenticing, whatever you want to call it?

It's a feature that allows higher level players to match the level of lower level ones to prevent the reduction of game rewards,complete trivialization of content and most importantly, allow friends to play with each other. The alternatives, not playing so you don't outlevel your friends or keeping alts in the same class, are an aggravation and outdated relic to those of us coming from games that had the feature about a decade ago. EQ2 and City of Heroes have it if you want first hand examples. I'm especially fond of the present EQ2 version as it allows you to change your level independently through "chrono masters" and even has an associated reward system.

From the previous Q&A; "Currently, given how easily available fleet travel passes are on the Security Vendor, we don't think adding this is necessary."

Does this mean that Security Key is mandatory for players to have if they want to play without inconvenience, since you don't think adding additional tools for faster travel aren't required due to an item obtained only from the Key vendor? What about the players without the key, or those simply not wanting to inconvenience themselves with one?

Edited by Youmu

Will we be seeing time reductions in crew skills? 1.5 hrs + to be able to craft one item (if you get all the mats needed to craft the item)( (mission time and craft time)) is really pathetic. I have not seen crafting times this borked in all my years of playing MMO's, and thats been since second year of UO.

When will the Sentinel/Marauder class be brought inline with other classes? ie, kill move to 30%, Fix the animation to instant for Blade Storm(repubulic), fix sweep so that all targets within 4m of the avatar get hit while moving insted of them being 2m away and running infront of you and not get hit. Also when will you please stop hating on us. 5m to kit out our light sabers in white, seems a little unfair?

Q: Can we look forward to being able to change things like hair style via a barber shop?

Looks are actually quite mutable in real life. In the Star Wars Galaxy and in this game, they could potentially be even more so. Being stuck with one tattoo, one hairstyle, one hair colour, all of that should be an rpg anachronism.

There are multiple reasons from graphic inconsistencies to possible legacy options to just plain changes of opinion to have a barber shop, and no good reason not to.

I can understand if race and gender may not be mutable but surely hair at the very least.

Is there any plan to incentivise world PvP outside of Ilum?

We see a hint of developer intent towards this end in Outlaw's Den on Tatooine, which is a wonderful concept. Unfortunately there is little reason for anyone to go in there, and Outlaw's Den is frequently empty. It would be great to run into more spontaneous open world combat. It serves to enhance immersion and make the experience feel like it's taking place in an expansive, living world rather than than a narrow-minded game which conveys a limited sense of what's possible and where (a la Ilum, in its current iteration). There are so many beautifully crafted worlds in this game and so few reasons for a level-capped player to (re?)visit them. Providing a little bit of incentive towards open PvP on other planets could help bring 50s back into these worlds and serve to provide the breadth and depth of experience a Star Wars game should (and did, while leveling) bring to bear.

Edited by Visue

Somehow what BioWare has managed to give me is a feel and urge to be unique, yet the game is lacking the ability to make your character unique, Yes i know legacy is one of those options as off 1.2. But are you giving it a thought to manually change your gear color scheme's and such?

Kind regards,

Nicklorion

Edited by Sireene
discussion/commentary - PM'd

Do you have plans to open a limited UI API? i'm not talking about an API that would allow auto-casting mods, but something to do mods like custom quickslot bars, target of target frame, remove art, .... allowing community to develop UI mods is a GREAT way to keep an strong community feeling. Edited by recsa

open market place, twiddle all settings, everything closes when companion comes back from mission: rage

browsing vendors: everything closes when companions comes back from mission: rage

Browsing bank or crafting: everything closes when companon comes back from mission.

Any chance of a preferences for pop ups, hide in combat or with open windows etc. sending mission returns to pending and we can open at our leizure once we are done with whatever we are doing, insted of having everything interupted.

Hello and thanks for this Q+A forum!!!!

My question is there any ETA on neutral side gear?

I have a level 30 Sith BH that I love playing both light and dark side which keeps me neutral and the biggest problem I have is that I'm unable to buy any relics. So was wondering if there was any solution coming up soon for this? Even if there were some relics that did not require light/dark side points would be better that not having any atm... I understand that the coding for neutral side points may be hard but to not have something due to wanting to play a certain way kinda sucks...

Thanks,

Mongir

When, if ever, will a player bounty system be activated (if not at least on PVP servers)?

IT had appeal in that other game, but was limited to just one player role...the bounty hunter. How about an equal system that allows a bounty system for all to attempt to collect but in such a way that it relates to the character class and a why it would be necessary.

Are there any plans to add more options to the flytext? I'm asking mainly about the damage done to enemies where its shows up on the top of them and you can only see it on really tall enemies (like bosses) if you position your camera a certain way. Any plans to add an option for it to show on the left and right of your character like many great scrolling combat text addons in other games have done?

It would be awesome if it was possible for a character to switch sides if they had enough light or dark side points. It's a big thing, but is there any chance it could be implemented in the future (in a bigger expansion pack, for example)?

I have recently started alot non-Force user toons. In some cases, Bounty Hunter and Trooper I felt that they are bound by a different moral code yet the game wants me to stick to one alignment only which doesn't always make sense and limits actual in-character play in that it forces my character to act pretty illogical for gear purposes.

When can we actually expect neutral gear or at least gear which aims at non-Force users maintaining a balanced distribution of Light/Dark side points?

I currently have 8 characters (one of each class) on my server (red eclipse) however if I want to make any more (alternate gender runs, light/dark side runs etc), I will have to create them on a different server, and thus will not benefit from the legacy system. Are there any plans to expand the numbers of characters one person can have on each server, or possibly expand the legacy system so that it is linked to all my characters regardless of server?

I'm curious is there any stuff in development to make companions feel more involved in endgame(besides them doing your crafting and giving you a extra body in PvE) after you finish all your story and their side missions? Granted I don't expect anything in 1.2, but is stuff being considered in the future. Edited by Destoroyah