Mercenary pvp at lvl 10...had a good laugh

BobaFurz

I played serveral classes but never a mercenary/commando. So I dinged lvl 10 and started my first Huttball pvp round.

Without even the use of AOE, without any player support i.e. heals the little lvl ten character did dish out already 180k dmg due to charts. 2nd highest in the whole game round. With the use of AOE you would even break 200k. The character has already around 4k bursts from 30m range against lvl 40+ players if you combine power shot with explosive probe.

Class is quiete powerfull already at lvl 10 when it comes to long range dps.. :D

That's simply untrue.

Pre-50 warzones don't have high-average damage done. At least on my server they don't. I suspect it's mostly because pre-50 people focus more on objectives than padding.

200kish is common for a damager. And damagers SHOULD be killing people. It's not "padding meters" to eliminate or pressure enemies, that's dps's JOB!

It infuriates me when I'm healing and the DPSer's won't kill stuff :(

Objectives ALWAYS come first, but killing enemies is extremely important, especially as offense.

221k dmg with lvl 11 2nd game round ...the dmg output is crazy. No wonder so many play this class, just hit 3 buttons and watch the numbers.

damage seems pretty low to me

Oh really, try a warrior class at lvl 11. Even at lvl 40+ you have to invest a lot of effort to reach 200k+, without any team support. Anyway its so much fun currently with explosive probe + power shot haha :D

Edited by BobaFurz

200kish is common for a damager. And damagers SHOULD be killing people. It's not "padding meters" to eliminate or pressure enemies, that's dps's JOB!

It infuriates me when I'm healing and the DPSer's won't kill stuff :(

Objectives ALWAYS come first, but killing enemies is extremely important, especially as offense.

Killing people as a DPSer is not always the answer.

Take Huttball. Your team has the ball and is making it's way to the goal line. You just get out of spawn and find an enemy hanging out on your side of the map. You OMGDPS!!!11! him and you kill him. Congratulations, you potentially just gave that person a free teleport closer to your ball carrier.

It's important to know when to not kill people. Too many times I see the above, or people go chasing after the enemy to get the kill, leaving a turret or door unguarded.

Killing people as a DPSer is not always the answer.

Take Huttball. Your team has the ball and is making it's way to the goal line. You just get out of spawn and find an enemy hanging out on your side of the map. You OMGDPS!!!11! him and you kill him. Congratulations, you potentially just gave that person a free teleport closer to your ball carrier.

It's important to know when to not kill people. Too many times I see the above, or people go chasing after the enemy to get the kill, leaving a turret or door unguarded.

Of course. Everything is situational in PvP. That's like telling me not to stun because stunning someone at full health is pointless.

You SHOULD however, be killing/distracting enemies that pose a threatto the ball. Grapplers and players with Knockbacks especially.

My "average" dmg on the charts with a lvl 44 Marauder is around 180k +-, without any team support (no guard, no heals). Now take a lvl 11 and he can top this without much effort. Try a lvl 11 warrior class and see how is your "average" dmg in the charts, it is probably below 70k. Iam talking about direct dmg not aoe.

At the lower bracket people simply don't have enough HPs or the necessary heals to rack up great DPS numbers.

A merc at level 10 can probably top the charts against melees in Huttball by just standing in high ground and spam Power Shot, though that's mostly because the map is grossly in favor of ranged classes.

and dont forget - your lvl 10 in a WZ gets the nice "bolster" buff that makes you equivalent to a lvl 49 in terms of HP / DPS

Your toon, outside of the WZ, wont hit quite that hard...

I think the point being made here is that Mercs are OP even at lvl 10 before they have any talents that increase their damage output.

Again, only "common" among AoE/DoT guys. Single target guys don't put out that damage regularly, that's an astounding round.

No, the AoE games are where my buddy got 300k damage done medal (he totalled like 350k?) on Voidstar on a level 13 commando.

So many people grouping up D:

and dont forget - your lvl 10 in a WZ gets the nice "bolster" buff that makes you equivalent to a lvl 49 in terms of HP / DPS

Your toon, outside of the WZ, wont hit quite that hard...

Iam talking only about WZ here, of course you get a bolster but you dont have the abilities. Iam only playing with rank 1-2 skills and I dont even have already all. I just did a 1900 crit in close combat to a lvl 33 with the punch. Dishing out already 4k bursts from range. (2 skills combined)

If you compare this to a lvl 11 warrior class, you just start to giggle.

Edited by BobaFurz

I played serveral classes but never a mercenary/commando. So I dinged lvl 10 and started my first Huttball pvp round.

Without even the use of AOE, without any player support i.e. heals the little lvl ten character did dish out already 180k dmg due to charts. 2nd highest in the whole game round. With the use of AOE you would even break 200k. The character has already around 4k bursts from 30m range against lvl 40+ players if you combine power shot with explosive probe.

Class is quiete powerfull already at lvl 10 when it comes to long range dps.. :D

You'll get weaker before you get back to where you are. I did some PvP on my sniper around 10 in all blue gear from Hutta. I 3 shot some guys. The trouble is as you gain levels your gear doesn't keep up with you and you get weaker.

Mercs are not overpowered at all, they do damage but that's about it. Skilled players wont let you just openly T off on them.

Mercs need a buff along with Snipers...they are not so good against skilled players as they are too one dimensional. You must be the n00b getting beat down by them all the time.

Keep the tears coming, and btw I play an assassin not a BH.

Mercs are not overpowered at all, they do damage but that's about it. Skilled players wont let you just openly T off on them.

Mercs need a buff along with Snipers...they are not so good against skilled players as they are too one dimensional. You must be the n00b getting beat down by them all the time.

Keep the tears coming, and btw I play an assassin not a BH.

I was talking about dps, save your monkeydonkey. Btw I play Marauder, Powertech, Sorcerer and Operative.

Edited by BobaFurz

Not sure what the OP is trying to accomplish?

At level 10 you still consider you a baseline class, you don't have any unique abilities that most people on this forum cry about when they talk about Mercs being OPed. Sorry to say but when I dinged 10 on my BH I was happy to see her doing 240k damage her first game too, spamming my basic attack and that rocket abilty I can't even remember the name too because I stopped using it.

Yeah... real awesome.