NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

You don't make yourself sound credible when you say things like that. How is there an increased amount of players when the subs are at best stagnating with the amount of purchases?

So we have gone from OMGZ0rz Mass exodus to stagnating.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't make yourself sound credible when you say things like that. How is there an increased amount of players when the subs are at best stagnating with the amount of purchases?

Where is your evidence that subs or purchases are stagnating? At the time of writing, SWTOR is still the #1 action game on amazon.com, and the #3 PC game overall (not counting pre-orders).

Where is your evidence that subs or purchases are stagnating? At the time of writing, SWTOR is still the #1 action game on amazon.com, and the #3 PC game overall (not counting pre-orders).

some guy runs a data site and claims he's a scientist so he has the really real numbers :rolleyes:

And hey it's up a notch from #4

it's also the Number 1 MMO at Gamestop still for like the third month running.

But yeah Do00000000mmmmmmmmm

Sales are not subscriptions. The point of a monthly payment mmo is sub retention not box sales.

Wow lost a couple million subs and still is selling the actual game. The point is to get people to pay you every month not buy the game and then quit after the free month. Id rathr take 15 a month for a year then 50 or 40 or whatever it sells for once.

The subs create future development not box sales. Longevity is the key to succes in the segment Swtor is in.

Also the game is still new it shouldnt lose people after 2 months. It took wow almost a decade before it lost subs.

The key is to keep players hppy and paying you not to get the game then get upset and get something else.

Also no one that plays wants the game to lose subs. I want to keep playing and be happy and enjoy what i play.

What biowares doing is making people who want to pay them unhappy. I mean were not 6 monhs from launch and half the posts are people quitting or threatening to quit. The whole point is not whether its selling well its that they made too many people unhappy with what they are doing. Why is it bad that the playerbase wants to get what they want. Sure u can say oh people who are happy dont come to the forums but they why are you arguing people who are not hppys point. Your happy your here? So hows that make sense? Also say your going to buy the game so you come check out the forums and what do you see? Unhappy players. How is that a good sales pitch. Why would someone buy the game if the other who play are mad?

People arent complining the game sucks theyre complaining about the direction the developers are taking a great game. You made happy customers unhappy. Whats the point in that? Not a couple people alot of people. Plus the reasoning isnt based on what the players wanted its so the content they created is made easier for them to balance not made to make the classes they created have a challenge but to have a easier day at the office.

Where in business is that a good model 3 months later. Again if they didnt get it right in half a decade spending 300 million. Why do you think they can do it in 3 months without a shred of proof and before u can even test it yourself?

some guy runs a data site and claims he's a scientist so he has the really real numbers :rolleyes:

And hey it's up a notch from #4

it's also the Number 1 MMO at Gamestop still for like the third month running.

But yeah Do00000000mmmmmmmmm

Yeah cause every one I know goes directly to gamestop to buy MMOs.

Get a clue...

So we have gone from OMGZ0rz Mass exodus to stagnating.

:rolleyes:

At best the game is stagnating, at worse it may of dropped a few hundred thousand. It'll be hard to get a numbers break down cause of the Asian launch. If the numbers didn't grow, it'll mean further decline in NA/EU and make transfers/mergers almost mandatory for a healthy playerbase.

We'll see what happens, Bioware needs to make good decisions at this point. There are several titles not limited to GW2, MoP, and D3 that'll tear sub numbers, we just don't know how many.

dont know if people have seen this, but on march 8th biwoare/EA said this.

http://investor.ea.com/eventdetail.cfm?EventID=110580

Star Wars, this is an area that I think has got a lot of people anxious. I've heard from investors today saying that we must have 800,000 subscribers. I heard 600,000 yesterday. So what I think a lot of people have misunderstood is we said we had 1.7 million subscribers on the last call, which was about a month ago. What that

was about was the fact that only about – just about half that number had triggered through their 30-day point and become active subscribers, our definition of recurring subscribers.

We had about half that total still in the 30-day trial period, but they're subscribers because that first month is including with a package good. What I said a month ago was, just over half. I can now confirm for you today that the vast majority of the 1.7 is now triggered through that point and they're recurring subscribers.

I spend more time watching Guild Wars 2 videos then actually getting into a WZ match do to waiting 2-3 hours in que time. On a Est Coast server around 4-9.

I've pointed this out to a few people so I'll let you in on it also.

GW2 will not have an LFG tool for PvE and NO open world PvP.

At best the game is stagnating, at worse it may of dropped a few hundred thousand. It'll be hard to get a numbers break down cause of the Asian launch. If the numbers didn't grow, it'll mean further decline in NA/EU and make transfers/mergers almost mandatory for a healthy playerbase.

We'll see what happens, Bioware needs to make good decisions at this point. There are several titles not limited to GW2, MoP, and D3 that'll tear sub numbers, we just don't know how many.

I just don't see GW2 or MOP making that big of an impact....nothing has changed in WoW and MOP won't help what is already wrong with WoW. GW2 folks in the beta are already seeing it isn't the messiah and even if sales go well it dosen't mean folks will stop subbing to TOR....GW2 will be the game that folks play along with whatever they are subbed to rather than instead of. D3....I don't expect it to sale as well as D2 did to be honest.

Anyway I think the majority of people that are subscribed are here for the long haul most folks feel like anything less than 12.5 mil is a failure and that is just silly.

I just don't see GW2 or MOP making that big of an impact....nothing has changed in WoW and MOP won't help what is already wrong with WoW. GW2 folks in the beta are already seeing it isn't the messiah and even if sales go well it dosen't mean folks will stop subbing to TOR....GW2 will be the game that folks play along with whatever they are subbed to rather than instead of. D3....I don't expect it to sale as well as D2 did to be honest.

Anyway I think the majority of people that are subscribed are here for the long haul most folks feel like anything less than 12.5 mil is a failure and that is just silly.

12.5 million i dont see ever happening again. However it does not mean that bioware doesnt want as many as they can get. While it took almost a decade for wow to lose subs is bioware cant keep numbers growing after 3 4 months then what will it look like in a year? Rift also was amazing sub wise at launch but not a year later now they dont hve but a handful of servers and of those none can stay above low to mid population at high log in times.

The point is that if bioware was making people happy they would grow and they decided not to do that. So whts the poin of making a sub based game? Just make swtor a box game and then once you finis the content out now people can move on.

I really would like to be playing this in ayear and two and three from now i like the game alot. I also want to have a community around me that i dont have to wait a hour to get wz ques to play with. Most importantly iwant a competent develeopment team that does what we ask and if they cant atleast will listen and instead of changing the entire structure of each class every major patch will rather make small changes we can test and then tune accordingly.

I dont want to reroll evry 3 monh to stay competetive and in 1.2 if i want to be competetive and play in organized ranked groups i will have to reroll from the class i play now.

Yeah cause every one I know goes directly to gamestop to buy MMOs.

Unless you are arguing that those who do buy MMOs from GameStop buy them in a proportion that is radically different than those who don't, this still indicates this is currently the best selling MMO.

Right now, these are SWTOR's rankings for released PC games, overall:

Best Buy: #1

Amazon.com: #3

EBGames: #2

But I guess noone buys MMOs there either?

Edited by Kthx

Unless you are arguing that those who do buy MMOs from GameStop buy them in a proportion that is radically different than those who don't, this still indicates this is currently the best selling MMO.

Right now, these are SWTOR's rankings for released PC games, overall:

Best Buy: #1

Amazon.com: #3

EBGames: #2

But I guess noone buys MMOs there either?

I'm not sure why people still go to a store to buy a game? I guess some people like to have a disc or a box? It's been about 3 years since I last walked into a store to buy a PC game.

And why at this point would someone pay for the game when there are free trials? If you have the chance at a free trial its always a good idea to do that first before you put your cash down.

I'm not sure why people still go to a store to buy a game? I guess some people like to have a disc or a box? It's been about 3 years since I last walked into a store to buy a PC game.

And why at this point would someone pay for the game when there are free trials? If you have the chance at a free trial its always a good idea to do that first before you put your cash down.

I prefer to goto a store myself as i like to have a nosey what else is in the store and possibly on offer plus i always prefer a hard copy over a digital( same with films and music), all i can think at the mo though is thank the lord my GAME store is still open even though they gone into admin.

Edited by Shingara

I just bought this game from the store (with a 10% discount), and will use Time Cards instead of a recurring payment (due to a 10% discount) heh. Really the only reason I prefer physical over digital.

To the original topic however; my prediction for subscribers is unimportant. I know few who play, and several who desire to play, but simply can't due to economic woes. I do know that I greatly enjoy the game, and am happy to see Bioware working on something with constant content updates. I hope it lasts, truly.

Im one of those nerds with a wall of collections and I prefer having a physical to store on the shelf than a wallpaper that says "I OWN THE DIGITAL COPY OF THIS GAME...YEAHH". In addition to that, installing a game via disk is MUCH FASTER than downloading off internet (this of course depends on the speed of your internet).

in my opinion, if the servers merge, it'll be great for the number of subscribers...

If you see your server full of players, you'll get excited and game playing will be more fun... More pvp, guilds,heroic groups... But If it's empty, you wont have any will of playing the game because it'll appear like a single player game, not a mmo...

Also I think that they should make more advertisements about the game, lot of gammers don't know about SWTOR's existence....

My best friend only buys at the store… because of bandwidth. In our country, the ISP we have charges us for every Gig past a ridiculously low (5 Gig) cap. As such, he calculated that by buying the CD, he saved $50 in download fees just from TOR.

As you can guess, we rent a lot of movies from the store because it’s actually cheaper than downloading them from a “free” site since the Gig costs would hit us. (I wonder if it’s done that way to curb piracy, but that’s a tin foil hat comment, so I don’t know).

But, anyways, as small as a group as we probably are, there’s your reason as to why we, at least, buy fresh off the store (after researching the market and comments a LOT since, well, $60 to try a game, online or no, is risk) and not DL it…

Jesus, what country are you in? I'm stuck with 60g's up here in Canada