Two months in..

Nodulo

Maybe instead of all of the useless tripe that comes up over and over we give bioware a fair chance to fix stuff. This game is less than 60 days released.

1.) Classes. Yes, some imbalances. (do not quote 1v1 crap)

2.) Ilum. Yes needs some re-tooling. (don't hate, give it a little time to balance)

3.) World/Theives Den PvP, more of it (according to some)

The pvp design in this game has no real direction. It's basically "let's copy WoW".

It doesn't matter how many WZ's and arenas they add. When pvp is just a gear grind, people will lose interest.

The game engine or servers cannot support mass pvp so things like sieges which already run well in a certain games beta will never exist to a reasonable standard in this game. I had high hopes, I followed this game for a long time.

Bioware you made an awesome PvE game but you have already done that many times at a fraction of the cost. In pvp you disappointed many. I was promised no grind but once I hit 50 I was left with nothing but grind.

Maybe instead of all of the useless tripe that comes up over and over we give bioware a fair chance to fix stuff. This game is less than 60 days released.

1.) Classes. Yes, some imbalances. (do not quote 1v1 crap)

2.) Ilum. Yes needs some re-tooling. (don't hate, give it a little time to balance)

3.) World/Theives Den PvP, more of it (according to some)

You have to be joking, once years ago a game had time to get there **** together. No longer.

In todays MMO you have max 3 months.

1.2 I just don't see being what is needed.

We need a 3 faction system.

We need DAoC style sieges not this junk Illum crap.

We need realm bonuses for holding the DAoC style siege baces.

We need a DAoC style pve/raid/PvP dungeon like darkfall was.

1.2 will have none of it.

So

We need a new PvP team working on this game.

Edited by Rallic

You have to be joking, once years ago a game had time to get there **** together. No longer.

So

Man, it's amazing you aren't payrolled to a large MMO, you've got it down! So simple and exactly what *(everyone) wants

The game he/she described sounds a hell of a lot more fun that this crapper.

Why not go play that game never understood why someone would wipe with sandpaper and complain about it instead of just switching to charmin. Yes you made a mistake purchased this game and f-upped royally, now move on -we're good with you're kind.... as the kids say this is not the game you're looking for.

Well honestly I have enjoyed it (pvp) how many others have had fun so far?

I enjoyed it too, the story was fun the pvp was fun...

The problem is that this is all past tense.

The warzones are getting boring, no suprise there after all its only a 15 minute minigame which I can only repeat that often before its just getting too repetitive.

The one thing that could have saved (and the main point why I bought it) would have been ilum, but its pretty much unplayable, pretty stale and pretty much only a pit stop for daily gear grinding instead of the epic battle I had imagined and hoped it would be (like daoc was which kept me playing for 6 years).

Edited by Garbald

So

The team is actually quite good. It's the servers/game engine limitations and lack of risky/interesting design. They tried to out WoW WoW in pvp. Things like death penalties are seen as risky. It's the money men telling them to copy WoW.

These things create emotional investment in each fight. I remember being chased as a red in L2 in full A grade while trying to get to my clan so they could protect me from loss. They rescued me and got me to a safe location to "wash" I realised once I was safe I was physically shaking. When I saw my Elven Elder friend who was the only person capable of my rescue but risking themselves to do it I was so happy. And the people chasing me were so excited. It was like seeing someone run past that would drop a full BM set if you kill them and they have no where to run (unless they had a group of friends racing to protect them).

The point I am making is there is a complete lack of mechanics that create emotional investments in conflict. The people came to my rescue because it would have really hurt me to die in those circumstances. I cared they cared, if one of them was in trouble I would drop what I was doing to help them even if it was putting myself at risk by doing it.

Does anyone give a tinkers cuss when they get killed in this?

Do you care if a guild member gets killed?

Does the community on your server effect anything but GTN prices?

I'm not expecting SWTOR ever to become a game where pvp is taken seriously or is based in skill. I'm just voicing my opinion before my time here ends.

I enjoyed it too, the story was fun the pvp was fun...

The problem is that this is all past tense.

The warzones are getting boring, no suprise there after all its only a 15 minute minigame which I can only repeat that often before its just getting too repetitive.

The one thing that could have saved (and the main point why I bought it) would have been ilum, but its pretty much unplayable, pretty stale and pretty much only a pit stop for daily gear grinding instead of the epic battle I had imagined and hoped it would be (like daoc was which kept me playing for 6 years).

Very well brought to the point.

After having played 300+ warzones you kind of ask yourself why you are actually doing this.

Single alternative is illum PvP which is a central assault cat and mouse game at best and at silly framerates.

A Massive Multiplayer Online Game should also provide massive "playable" PvP battles, cuz this

is where the real fun is. When i have seen 30 vs 20 base farming situations, many players crash to desktop after watching a PvP slideshow @ 1 FPS. No future patch by BW will be able to put that lame game engine so much on steroids to significantly improve big battles.

So this thread will certainly be repeated with the title "Two Years in ...." (If the game survives that long that is) and nothing will have changed except 2-3 warzones being added.

1.2 will not be the saving grace of this game. It's too far gone, I don't care what we are told.

At this point they have to double down on their competitive advantage.

Voice over acting.

It's the main attraction along with the companion system, and to a lesser extent the space missions. PvP is not going to be taken seriously, and the game as a whole will suffer. I mean, the evidence is everywhere...

Simply by looking at leveling, and the scarcity of PvP during that time. That's not a design flaw, that's an implementation flaw.

Autofacing...hold my hand while I PvP, it's scary in this WZ.

It's a PvE game with voice over acting. We get it. I can see years from now the joke will be that this game was remembered for how fast I can push the spacebar. 2 months into it and I'm already seeing groups LFM who have serious spacebar skills.

I'm betting their 'cool' 'new' ace-up-the-sleeve for Ilum is adding vehicles or some **** like that.

I understand it's financially responsible to copy WoW, go ahead, but ignoring other games that have - and still have loyal PvPers because of the gameplay is foolish --- from a financial standpoint. Gameplay > Content first and foremost. Content can be renewed and fixed. Gameplay is where the rubber meets the road and SWTOR cannot be given accolades based on this alone -- I don't care how much you enjoy this game, run WZs and slideshow your way through Ilum until your eyes bleed when you hit 50. That's SWTOR PvP.

PVP in this game is beyond repair, all they can do is toss out the carrot and hope people follow along, between the horrible engine and the amount of retooling involved at the programming level, you can forget it.

Beware the attack of the fan boys, and by the way, the game has been in development for 6 years, excuses are not going to cut it.

1.2 will not be the saving grace of this game. It's too far gone, I don't care what we are told.

At this point they have to double down on their competitive advantage.

Voice over acting.

It's the main attraction along with the companion system, and to a lesser extent the space missions. PvP is not going to be taken seriously, and the game as a whole will suffer. I mean, the evidence is everywhere...

Simply by looking at leveling, and the scarcity of PvP during that time. That's not a design flaw, that's an implementation flaw.

Autofacing...hold my hand while I PvP, it's scary in this WZ.

It's a PvE game with voice over acting. We get it. I can see years from now the joke will be that this game was remembered for how fast I can push the spacebar. 2 months into it and I'm already seeing groups LFM who have serious spacebar skills.

I'm betting their 'cool' 'new' ace-up-the-sleeve for Ilum is adding vehicles or some **** like that.

I understand it's financially responsible to copy WoW, go ahead, but ignoring other games that have - and still have loyal PvPers because of the gameplay is foolish --- from a financial standpoint. Gameplay > Content first and foremost. Content can be renewed and fixed. Gameplay is where the rubber meets the road and SWTOR cannot be given accolades based on this alone -- I don't care how much you enjoy this game, run WZs and slideshow your way through Ilum until your eyes bleed when you hit 50. That's SWTOR PvP.

Hit the nail on the head.

60 days....

all u QQ'ers are suffering premature eyaculation also?

let the game develop

there are tons of ppl still leveling and doing their stuff

lol get a life

As the poster above you said...the game was in development for 6 years...excuses just do not cut it for a a good portion of the disenfranchised.

So you're gonna give up after less than 58 days of game release?

Don't forget alot of MMO players are a fickle bunch. Some people don't want to wait as it's their money, so they'll just hop on to the next game.

Time & time again, i see the response "give it time", well Bioware have very little time left simply because what is coming out in the next few months.

Will people return once GW2, TERA, TSW are released? Maybe. But when they are released, the ball will be out of Biowares court. It all depends if any of these three games will deliver as to what people want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.