which is the easiest class to play?

futuredami

so pretty much all the melee classes suffer from being complex while the ranged ones are more straightforward.

that is disappointing :confused:

I don't think this is true at all. Assassins do tend to be proc heavy, but I find my darkness Tankasin to be quite easy to play as long as I'm paying attention.

Knights and Warriors rely upon careful management of their Force power. I'd suggest Trooper or Bounty Hunter as they have less energy management and very few context sensitive abilities.

Yeah, unfortunately for these resons playing BH merc is pretty boring.

its not a troll post

but how would you define easy to play for yourself?

how many button?

the movement you need to do?

survivability?

because yes, the ranged class like trooper or bounty hunter are pretty straight forward and easy to play.

Melee class need more movement and awareness and the guardian have alot of button

why on earth would you choose a Tank if you want an easy class? Even if your abilities were simple... and they're not... tanks play a role that requires them to have high awareness, mechanics knowledge and responsibility. If you are looking to hit buttons, it isn't the role for you.

why on earth would you choose a Tank if you want an easy class? Even if your abilities were simple... and they're not... tanks play a role that requires them to have high awareness, mechanics knowledge and responsibility. If you are looking to hit buttons, it isn't the role for you.

Because the tanking role requires situational awareness I want the actual moveset to be as fluid and streamlined as possible.

It is precisely because the role is so demanding that I want the skills to be easy to manage. If I was a dps and my only concern was finding a little pillbox to settle down in and lay down nukes I would be able to concentrate on a wacky 24 button priority chain and wouldnt mind micromanaging and m eyes darting between my cooldowns and my icons and my heat/nrg/force whatever.

As a tank I need to be watching too many other things. One look at the amazingly overcomplicated jug moveset and I cringed. I can't even keep track of the moves at level 30 and they haven't learned the entire skill set yet.

All classes are pretty easy.

Some are harder than others. Took me quite some time to learn to play Guardian and Marauder without even peeking at the bars (well, I do have to check on major cooldowns like relics, adrenals, etc.).

On my Shadow it was practically kindergarden in comparison.

As for the OP, if you intend to play a Force-user, I say both are good. Not all Guardian\Juggernaut tank specs are unwieldy. Vigi\Venge hybrid tank spec, which is 14\27, or 17\24, is sturdy, easy to handle (much easier to sue "blind" - without peeking at cooldowns) and pretty forgiving, rotation-wise, unlike Defense\Immortal.

But Guard\Jugg tanks are pretty weak in low-end gear. They equalise roughly at Tionese+, and they truly shine in high-end gear.

Edited by Helig

Dood play a Jedi Knight! So easy. Seriously, all you have to do is memorize 20+ skills and hotkey all of them, know exactly when to use them and in what order, constantly maintain 100% awareness of everything going on as you must mitigation heal your team at all times, get the best gear in the game, find a healer that will focus only on you and no one else then simply learn our 7 or 8 cooldowns by heart so you can predict them without looking, and constantly stay in motion while doing all the correct rotations as situations arise perfectly! This will allow you to be about 70% as good as any other class! whew the pay off!

Total cake walk to glory!

I feel bad for troopers and councelors who can solo WZ with one button... How do they ever learn to press it.

Edited by VoidJustice

Of the 3 tank classes, I'd say Powertech is the simplest to play and Juggernaut is the most complicated. Assassin is somewhere in the middle.

Note that I haven't actually played a Juggernaut, but I have played a Marauder and am amazed at how complex the rotation and cooldowns are. I have played the other two classes.

Only... I don't care about bragging rights. Just trying to have fun playing a video game.

"Easy" and "hard" are impossible to define. What's easy for someone else can be hard for others. Give one man a date and a year, and he can tell you what day you were born on. Another can learn a piece of music by hearing a song once. They can both say that such notable abilities are 'easy' and be completely honest. No one can decide FOR you what is easiest, and what is hardest, YOU actually have to do the work yourself and make the decision.

Edited by sanctified

I had 3 characters. Assassin, Sniper, Mercenary. To me, I don't know if I would cal it hard but:

Sniper = thinking, planning. Setting up

Assassin = Awareness. Make use of utility at the right time with an idea of whats going on around you. Lots of tools

Merc: not to say none of the above matters, but it seems much easier. Can charge mobs and just unload

I had 3 characters. Assassin, Sniper, Mercenary. To me, I don't know if I would cal it hard but:

Sniper = thinking, planning. Setting up

Assassin = Awareness. Make use of utility at the right time with an idea of whats going on around you. Lots of tools

Merc: not to say none of the above matters, but it seems much easier. Can charge mobs and just unload

Got a sniper up to 35 or so and enjoyed it I think... but then totally lost interest in continuing with him. Never had any trouble playing it though, the skills made total sense and fit together well. Loved cover as soon as I used portable cover exclusively.

Problem is sorc and bh are both really ugly looking classes. Nothing about casting spells or shooting missiles out of my back(!?) is remotely cool not to mention both classes have hideous looking armor sets.

I wish I could put aesthetics aside but honestly what my character looks like is 3x more important to me than gameplay. I am a superficial person.

Got a sniper up to 35 or so and enjoyed it I think... but then totally lost interest in continuing with him. Never had any trouble playing it though, the skills made total sense and fit together well. Loved cover as soon as I used portable cover exclusively.

Problem is sorc and bh are both really ugly looking classes. Nothing about casting spells or shooting missiles out of my back(!?) is remotely cool not to mention both classes have hideous looking armor sets.

I wish I could put aesthetics aside but honestly what my character looks like is 3x more important to me than gameplay. I am a superficial person.

Only Arsenal looks awful on BH Mercs. Powertechs have excellent animations, varying from offhand flamethrower blasts to rocket uppercuts, retractable blade attacks, harpoons, wrist rockets, etc, etc, etc.

But I do agree that Sorcs are boring. Sins are only *slightly* less boring due to the DBLS animations.

Because the tanking role requires situational awareness I want the actual moveset to be as fluid and streamlined as possible.

It is precisely because the role is so demanding that I want the skills to be easy to manage. If I was a dps and my only concern was finding a little pillbox to settle down in and lay down nukes I would be able to concentrate on a wacky 24 button priority chain and wouldnt mind micromanaging and m eyes darting between my cooldowns and my icons and my heat/nrg/force whatever.

As a tank I need to be watching too many other things. One look at the amazingly overcomplicated jug moveset and I cringed. I can't even keep track of the moves at level 30 and they haven't learned the entire skill set yet.

1. DPS in SWTOR is not "lol DPS". If your DPS lack awareness they will die constantly. This isn't WoW, you don't just stack up and burn on every boss.

2. If you can't manage *your buttons* Tanking is not for you. All Tanks have TONS of buttons because you have multiple taunts, DR cooldowns (which you need to understand, including what types of damage they prevent and how long they last). As a Tank not only will you have to maintain a DPS rotation, but you will also have to throw in guards, CDs, taunts, active mitigation and constantly retarget between different enemies and friendly players, all while watching the fight, calling when you need externals and watching phase transitions, mechanics, etc...

-

So... yeah. None of the tanks are easy. Jugg has a ton of buttons. Assassin as a CRAP TON of buttons. PT has multiple buttons and various ranges. It's not the role for someone who is concerned about having to have 20+ keybinds, because that is mandatory regardless of which tank you take.

Gunnery Commando / Arsenal Mercenary is the easiest by far.

-Ranged DPS with no reason to be closer than 30m

-No other responsibilities besides damage (no tanking or healing)

-Rotation is very simple

-Several defensive cooldowns

-Few offensive cooldowns to rotate in