Tone down Smash/Force Sweep

XapM

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really funny thread considering guardians / juggs are underpowered

This is a really funny comment considering they're only underpowered while leveling to 50.

After that they become **** machines capable of getting 16 medals / warzone doing 400k damage and beyond.

EDIT : Oh come on, thats censored? Okay, lets call it ''Machines of destruction''

INCOMIIIIIIING : Hordes of juggs / guardians using the good old ''DEYR SOW UNDAPAWARED'' line.

Incoming LOLOLOOL

Edited by Shredbull

This is a really funny comment considering they're only underpowered while leveling to 50.

After that they become **** machines capable of getting 16 medals / warzone doing 400k damage and beyond.

Is this the new way of sorc/sages trying not to get nerfed and commando/merc herp derps trying not to get a harder rotation.

Trying to get other classes nerfed???

Yeah guardian/jugs are SOOOOOOO OP that I didn't see 1 but every 10 warzones leveling from 20-50 on my alt in warzones.

What did I see a lot of? Take a wild guess lol.

EDIT : Oh come on, thats censored? Okay, lets call it ''Machines of destruction''

INCOMIIIIIIING : Hordes of juggs / guardians using the good old ''DEYR SOW UNDAPAWARED'' line.

Incoming LOLOLOOL

You got some proof? and you cant get those many medals anymore maybe like 10 tops. And another thing tell me why jedi shadows / Vanguards can tank better than defensive GUARDIANS in pvp?

So you are ok with Sorcerer's key damage abilities becoming instant to avoid interruption? Let's turn thundering blast into an instant so it is uninterruptable and give it similar damage potential to just a single target. Guaranteed you same people will be here on the forums crying for nerfs in droves. Pot meet kettle.

Deal. Don't forget to make it melee, easy to miss because of knockback/movement, require manipulation of five cooldowns, and the product of a resource system that requires preliminary buildup. We'll meet back here to see these droves of crybabies you so confidently predict.

If you're moving and we're moving smash won't land that's just how it is there is a 1.5 second animation delay so if you're moving at all you range this massive 5m aoe....

6k once in a blue moon while it's not hard to get a over 5k a few times during a match it's still only 30% of someones hp at best. It's all juggs/guards have every other ability crits for 2-3k with buffs popped. Our 31 point talents in both dps trees are dots and don't brake 3k over the duration. They also have 15second+ cooldowns.

If you'd like to buff those by say 50-75% then you can nerf smash ;-) Hell give me something I can spam on GCD that hits for more than 400.

Sorry but you dont get to negotiate nerfs. People cried about ops opening burst and look what they did. Took away our stun, opening burst, and more sustained which was sucky to begin with. Yeah its coming. Take a deep breath, it will all be over soon. At least people still can play your class with its utility and leaping 90m in 4 GCDs.

That's it, what i want is a combo. Not a single bomb-hit. Again, i don't want your overall DPS to go down. I want your damage spread across your abilities instead of 1 button.

I don't think you are familiar with this class at all. This is atleast a 3 button combo. More if you are popping relics or other abilities to hit harder.

Yes Force sweep is on a 9 second cooldown, but all the abilities that allow you to hit this hard are not... They are longer.

Focus build is one of least survivable builds aswell. I suggest you focus on killing this target ASAP.

You got some proof? and you cant get those many medals anymore maybe like 10 tops. And another thing tell me why jedi shadows / Vanguards can tank better than defensive GUARDIANS in pvp?

It's very easy to get 10-12 medals. 16? I don't get how. Most warzones, I get the following medals:

*2k Defense

*5k Defense

*10k Defense

*75k Damage

*300k Damage

*2.5k Single Hit

*5k Single Hit

*1k Defender Points

*Killing Blow

*Solo Kill

*10 Kills

*25 Kills

Medals I sometimes get:

*3k Defender Points

*2.5k Single Heal

Often I will not get the Solo Kill medal just due to circumstance, or if we're not doing particularly well I won't get the 300k medal, so average is around 10. Sometimes I get the 3k Defender Points, but that's usually just on Alderaan. It seems to be very finicky anywhere else. Also, I will occasionally get the 2.5k Single Heal medal. I don't know if it's coming from my Guardian Leap heal (which shouldn't do that much) or my reusable Medpac (which I thought they fixed), but I do still get it periodically. If I get those two, it's 14 medals. Where are we coming up with another two? There's been one circumstance in which I've gotten the 75k heal medal, and I have no clue how I managed that.

Edited by vindianajones

Sorry but you dont get to negotiate nerfs. People cried about ops opening burst and look what they did. Took away our stun, opening burst, and more sustained which was sucky to begin with. Yeah its coming. Take a deep breath, it will all be over soon. At least people still can play your class with its utility and leaping 90m in 4 GCDs.

Ops still tear through people like paper. Even tanks as a BM jugg if i'm jumped with no help it's gg. I can try to cc him and run but I can't kill one before he kills me. I may not be the final word in "nerfs" but I can tell you if you can't pvp as an op or scoundrel now you are terrible.

Edited by Fan_Atic

smash is not op. ya we can get the big crits with it...... but everyone has big moves..... snipers. ambush is like 3k ez plus the charge with it thats like 5k. (shhhhhh dnt whine about that now to) mayb pay attention. if u get crushed or choked then 9/10 times hes gunna smash u.... so uh mayb cc or run. not to hard. plz **** and roll a warriro if u think its ez. i dare u

Ops still tear through people like paper. Even tanks as a BM jugg if i'm jumped with no help it's gg. I can try to cc him and run but I can't kill one before he kills me. I may not be the final word in "nerfs" but I can tell you if you can't pvp as an op or scoundrel now you are terrible.

Yeah you're just terrible if you're losing to an ops now man. No joke. No WAY are we doing any kind of pressure on heavy armor. And how do you not push us and laugh as you run away? Or intercede someone and get away? Or charge and get away? Seriously man.

Yeah you're just terrible if you're losing to an ops now man. No joke. No WAY are we doing any kind of pressure on heavy armor. And how do you not push us and laugh as you run away? Or intercede someone and get away? Or charge and get away? Seriously man.

I was unaware that running away from your opponent was a victory in pvp....

No amount of setup justifies the super-hard-hitters. It's better for balance to have damage spreaded among several abilities instead of bombs.

If burst is left unchecked it will lead to balance problems in ranked games. You can look at WoW spellcleaves as an example.

Haha, the problem with spell cleaves wasn't that they did insane damage, it was the massive amount of CC available to the classes, while also killing you in the duration of a global cd.

6k sweeps while hitting like a wet noodle until force exhaustion is up again isn't even remotely similar to what you're comparing it to.

There is nothing effecting balance when you have classes that can burst harder than others. Rage sustained damage isn't good at all.

Difference is from healer's POV. You can heal through steady incoming damaga. You can't heal someone who's just got instagibbed with a pro warrior smashed his head into his big red mofo button of death.

People have 18k+ health in pvp gear, who the hell is getting killed instantly by a 6k smash which would require the warrior to use adrenel buffs etc to achieve on a green wearing target?

Why should Warriors be geared around what damage they do to undergeared people?

You should provide us with a screenshot of your character so we can see proof of your expertise level.

Edited by KhealThar

You do realize that the entire concept of the Rage/Focus tree is to have sucky as heck sustained damage with big AoE spikes on occasion? Vengeance/Vigilance is infinitely superior to Rage/Focus, and the only reason the community isn't screaming for it to be nerfed is because it requires some skill/gear to be effective in.

If you're moving and we're moving smash won't land that's just how it is there is a 1.5 second animation delay so if you're moving at all you range this massive 5m aoe....

6k once in a blue moon while it's not hard to get a over 5k a few times during a match it's still only 30% of someones hp at best. It's all juggs/guards have every other ability crits for 2-3k with buffs popped. Our 31 point talents in both dps trees are dots and don't brake 3k over the duration. They also have 15second+ cooldowns.

If you'd like to buff those by say 50-75% then you can nerf smash ;-) Hell give me something I can spam on GCD that hits for more than 400.

This is precisely what I speak of. In full champ gear minus bracers I could get my chain lightning to crit for 3k. I could get my thundering blast to crit for 3k with a 50% crit damage increase talent that costs 5 talents, requires 25 talents invested in the tree, tb itself is a 31 point talent, has a cast time and is interruptable. Those arguing for smash doing insane damage to 5 targets by comparison and complaining about other abilities only doing 2-3k are funny from a sorcs pov. I was happy to finally get my hardest hitting abilities to 3k on crit and you are crying because someone proposed your abilities shouldn't be doing twice that. Hilarious, because of the inconsistency.

This is precisely what I speak of. In full champ gear minus bracers I could get my chain lightning to crit for 3k. I could get my thundering blast to crit for 3k with a 50% crit damage increase talent that costs 5 talents, requires 25 talents invested in the tree, tb itself is a 31 point talent, has a cast time and is interruptable. Those arguing for smash doing insane damage to 5 targets by comparison and complaining about other abilities only doing 2-3k are funny from a sorcs pov. I was happy to finally get my hardest hitting abilities to 3k on crit and you are crying because someone proposed your abilities shouldn't be doing twice that. Hilarious, because of the inconsistency.

Smash does not do 6k damage on average, it does closer to 3.5-4.5k depending on your targets expertise and gear. Chain Lightning has 30m range, with the ability to strike additional enemies around the target. ~1k average damage is a good tradeoff for being 30m, and CL is just icing on the cake for a normal damage rotation for a sorc. It's not the bread and butter of the classes damage.

Oh, and chain lightning cannot miss the target, and sorcs can also still pull pretty decent damage even without CL procs. Rage warriors can miss, and if smash misses, it's gg. They have no sustained damage. Oh yeah, and you can purge crush. We cant purge your FL.

tl;dr There are a lot of fail players in this game who do not utilize all the skills they are given (like the sorc I quoted), or simply cannot, or will not use their brain while pvping. If you're getting hit with smash consistently, you should probably rethink how you're doing things, 'cause you're doing it wrong.

Edited by Selixx

Just for a second let's imagine that Juggs/Guards smashes do hit for 6k.

You are complaining about 6k every 12s (specced), because the burst damage can actually throw off your healing. (Spike damage as opposed to consistant damage)

The damage, if that high even and not exagerated, is mostly a result of adrenal and pvp buff. While Smash can be used all 12s when specced (not all 9s like OP claimed - not his last mistake), those buffs CAN NOT be used all 12s. Matter of fact, with luck SW can get smash off twice on the same target during those 15s that the buff is active.

What exactly is pretty decent damage? The 2-3k crits the guy I quoted said is what his other abilities do? That is what our top abilities do, not our weakest. I'm sorry but 5-6k damage is to much for a single ability to hit multiple people for. The 3k crits on CL I am speaking of are before any armor is taken into account and yes it is mitigated by armor as with most of our damage. The 5-6k crits people are talking about is after armor has already mitigated some of its damage. Again, as quoted before the normal damage of his other abilities is 2-3k, that is what they are hitting for so they have already been mitigated by armor.

Doesn't sound like crap damage to me. Perhaps the problem here is we are speaking from different perspectives, I see a 3k crit potential and am happy while you seem to think getting 2-3k crits after damage has been mitigated is weak because you can hit for much more. That in itself I would consider a problem. Of course much of this discussion revolves around subjective thought so most who cry nerf will probably continue doing so while those who think such big hits are justified will continue to do so.

Oh no, Sith Warriors can deal a moderate amount of burst damage with a combo that requires proper setup as well as the luck that Smash doesn't bug out in some weird way (as it does way to often). So OP. Edited by Ticara

From what I've read in the past week on this forums are complaints FROM warriors (mostly Jugs) about survivability. They say, since our mitigation is completely ignored with majority of every other classes' attacks being able to ignore armor, to either fix it, or give us a decent damage tree that is up to par with ranged damage, since our survivability (lack thereof) doesn't allow us to get close enough half the time to spike damage.

Now you want the one attack that we know hits hard/does well to be nerfed? Why? Can't out heal it? Death from above cooldown too long?