Bioware WHERE is the Star wars music!!

Iamkills

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At now when the music appears it makes feel you that this is a special moment. If the music was runing the 100% of the time, well, how many hours do you think that you will need to be tired of that song that you have heard like 30 times in a row? Put a loop on the cantina music you say, well, after hearing 50 times the cantina music you think that you will want to hear it more times? What will happen is that you will disable the music and you will come to this forum to say "**** you Bioware, you made me hate the Star Wars music!!!!!!"

At least for me it's fine this way.

Edited by Shaligal

I totally agree with this thread. The least this game can do is have the Star Wars [movies] feel... and one of the things that do help the most with this is letting you listen to all those epic and legendary tracks.

But, in the game, I'm always either in silence or listening to new tracks made for this game and that don't feel like Star Wars as much as I'd like to (the one that sounds at the beginning of the Alderaan warzone is awesome, though). Sometimes I listen to music from the movies, but it doesn't last and it's only once in a while.

It's weird though. Most SW games I've played (JK2, JKA, TFU 1 and 2, BF2, KOTOR 1 and 2...) did this right even with -probably- a much lower budget.

I find the lack of Duel of the Fates disturbing.

Edited by Khyle

Don't they have access to the catalog of Star wars music cause all i hear ingame are remix garbage tracks

it's sad that im playing a star wars game and have to still youtube star wars tracks :(

so please put some recognizable star wars tracks not just choruses and remixes

anyone else agree?

This is so derp.

If you would actually listen to the music for a minute you'd hear that spliced into a zones song is like 45 seconds of a starwars theme. Sit in voss for a while. You will see.

Don't they have access to the catalog of Star wars music cause all i hear ingame are remix garbage tracks

it's sad that im playing a star wars game and have to still youtube star wars tracks :(

so please put some recognizable star wars tracks not just choruses and remixes

anyone else agree?

1) Turn off game music

2) Put in soundtrack to Star Wars into your CD player

3) Play the game

There now you hear the original soundtrack while playing a game not based on the movies. :)

I like the composers of the soundtrack for this game. Sure it's not John Williams (because that would probably be a bulk of their money right there) but the composers obviously has influences of John Williams and a little bit of Hans Zimmer in there as well. So all and all, not a bad soundtrack.

At least you get 1 minute of awesome battle music every time you hit your 20 min CD =p

Contrary to popular belief, Vader doesn't say "Luke, I am your father." It's actually "No, I am your father."

And Luke counters with the wussiest scream ever heard on the silver screen. =p

Edited by Morticoccus

You know how i KNOW everyone in this thread hasnt actually WATCHED the movies in a long time? because EVERY SINGLE music you hear in SWTOR is from the first 3 prequals.

Huttball, voidstar, civil war, boss fights, epic moments. ALL of it is from those 3 prequals.

Go watch them again and you will recognize EVERYTHING.

For those looking for an example, Obi wan vs General Greevus fight is Huttball ! It starts up right as obiwan makes his first attack after greevus opens up his arms with the 4 light sabres.

Edited by Poisonedpawn

I really enjoy this game a lot and I have to completely agree that there is a severe dearth of music in just about every area. I was expecting to have so much music that I eventually would grow annoyed with it (much like I did in Galaxies), but that is sadly not the case.

I encourage Bioware to give a healthy boost of both Star Wars tracks and KOTOR tracks throughout the game. I think it'll greatly enhance everyone's experience.

I really enjoy this game a lot and I have to completely agree that there is a severe dearth of music in just about every area. I was expecting to have so much music that I eventually would grow annoyed with it (much like I did in Galaxies), but that is sadly not the case.

I encourage Bioware to give a healthy boost of both Star Wars tracks and KOTOR tracks throughout the game. I think it'll greatly enhance everyone's experience.

i agree

i mean theres not music in this game im fighting mobs on Coruscant right now and nothing and when it does happen its good for 1-2 mins then NOTHING , and when im in a cinematic EPIC ORIGINAL STAR WARS MUSIC for 3 seconds and then its either over or it cuts into something else.

since they're partnered with Lucas arts shouldn't they be able to use star wars music full length not just 15seconds?

and i havent heard "Duel of fates" once yet ***

Most people just hum the music as they play....

good point... swtor doesn't seem to know how to tailor the music to the environment/scenery. If you wanna know what I mean play WoW.. the music in WoW allows for greater immersion (especially for the world zones, i.e. non-dungeons) and makes you feel like something exciting/epic is about to happen. Edited by RabidPopcorn

Nope. Music coverage and context queuing in WoW is actually worse than TOR. The only time it feels 'better' is when you enable it to loop continuously.

There are far too many prolonged silences in TOR, that I can agree with.

yeah i meant to loop it continuously. (not all WoW music works well this way, e.g. the stormwind one..but for the rest. such as the typical forest music, it works well)

EDIT: also have to factor in the ambient sounds, like the sound of water

Edited by RabidPopcorn

Huh? I hear a huge amount of "star wars" music, pulled straight from the movies, when im doing boss fights. It might not be all the time, but it is still there and does add to the atmosphere of a fight. But i agree they could have better music while im trolling around the galaxy.

They need to add a "continous" music option like they have in World of Warcraft...I want to hear the music pretty much 24/7 with 10 seconds in between to either repeat or change tracks...It really cannot be that hard to do that right?

If Blizzard can do it...Bioware sure as hell can!

They need to add a "continous" music option like they have in World of Warcraft...I want to hear the music pretty much 24/7 with 10 seconds in between to either repeat or change tracks...It really cannot be that hard to do that right?

If Blizzard can do it...Bioware sure as hell can!

I agree.

But I think one issue is that the music they made for this game and the environments may (in my opinion) not be suited for continuous looping - music that can be looped needs to have a background feeling (especially while questing) and not always feel like a lightsaber duel (although there are times when this is appropriate).