Maintenance times unfair to West coasters.

HiberniaGUINXDO

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord people, get over yourselves. Maintenance has to happen sometime, and somebody somewhere will be inconvenienced by it. Now put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

Some? try again, these maintenance times are completely screwed over for anyone in a nordic country. That being said maintenance is important, but having it during these hours is a sign of either unproffesionalism or blant ignoring those countries.

Been playing mmo's since the first one hit the market and I have never experienced a company with these harsh maintenance times, not even back in the Everquest days was it this punishing for the european players. Bioware wake up and start working on offering a better service to all platforms, if you don't care about the customers why should we stick with the product?

Some? try again, these maintenance times are completely screwed over for anyone in a nordic country. That being said maintenance is important, but having it during these hours is a sign of either unproffesionalism or blant ignoring those countries.

Been playing mmo's since the first one hit the market and I have never experienced a company with these harsh maintenance times, not even back in the Everquest days was it this punishing for the european players. Bioware wake up and start working on offering a better service to all platforms, if you don't care about the customers why should we stick with the product?

Lol, nordic countries are still some. For some this concept is as old as MMOs, for others it's apparently new. Move, quit, whatever it's always going to make someone cry.

I say BW just move the downtime to either be the best for aussie players or the worst for chinese gold farmers.. I dont really care which but it would be nice to hear more american qq ;) You guys warm my heart :)

Btw BW.. thanks for the network code 200ms aussies vs 40ms americans.. its SO much easier to kick their arses than it was in WoW with 400-500ms vs 40ms (tho even then we managed it) We can hear the QQ from the other side of the world (pssst I know they want you to add an artifical 200-300ms to our pings so they have a chance but please dont! Its WAY to much fun making them cry!)

I think West coasters should be damn grateful it's during the night. I've complained often about this, as an EU player who works shifts and so the main time I would play is during the day, generally week days as well. But for the Oceanic guys it's even worse, with the impending release in that timezone. I can't imagine (well actually I can) that Bioware would be so lazy as to not implement separate downtimes for North American, EU and Oceanic servers, once they are live.

Can't please everyone all the time. If they did maintenance at 2am Western then that would be 5am eastern then you have the early morning crowd that can't get on the game.

At least I haven't seen as much EXTENDED downtime on SWTOR servers as I have in others games in the past.

People are pathetic!!!

The down time is when I want to play, poor me!

EU servers are down during the day.

Oceanic is down during prime time which will be a concern March 1st when the Oceanic servers go live.

The only fair way would be to rotate the down time weekly. The problem with this option is it would be very unfair to the team that rolls out the update. They would be forced to change their schedules weekly to accommodate people who whine and complain.

People who ***** about scheduled maintenance need to:

a) grow up

and

b) get a life.

The ME ME ME attitude is pathetic. I suggest taking your ball and going home!

FYI server maintenance is generally during my prime playing time, I am a night owl. I can find a million others things to do when servers go down.

Can't please everyone all the time. If they did maintenance at 2am Western then that would be 5am eastern then you have the early morning crowd that can't get on the game.

At least I haven't seen as much EXTENDED downtime on SWTOR servers as I have in others games in the past.

O'rly? That's probably because it's at an inconsequential time to 99% of US players. Although I see your post didn't acknowledge an existence of a world outside the US.

2am maintainance is an industry standard. it is based on where the company or where the servers are located. Most likely the company.

If they're in Central Time, its 3 am East Coast, 12 am West Coast.

Its an industry established time. common procedure.

Nothing to see here, people. Move along, citizen.

O'rly? That's probably because it's at an inconsequential time to 99% of US players. Although I see your post didn't acknowledge an existence of a world outside the US.

It was in reply to the OP who is talking about West Coasters. My first line is plain enough ... you can't please everyone all the time. They move it to a different time you upset someone else. That is the nature of things when you start to amass a great number of people: U.S. or otherwise. I'd have thought separate times for U.S., EU, and Oceanic would have been created, but I guess that's too much work.

And this is the self-entitled mentality that I laugh at whenever I see these post about maintainence.

NONE OF US ARE SPECIAL.

If you enjoy the product keep subbing, if not go away, the collective migration or your funds leaving EA's bank account will do more to bring about change then your collective belly aching about you being stiffed on gameplay one day a week. They don't work around your scheduel, EU's, NA's, ect... they work around their's. Deal with it or leave simple as that.

Seriously to the "get a life" trolls I worked a 16 hour shift today,

2am minimum has been the industry standard for every MMO todate and some of us have limited time to play.

If you don't have a problem with it fine, some of us actually do have lives as opposed to pretending to have one on a message board to belittle the simple request that they don't start maintenance in the middle of many players evening.

I live in Washington state it's 21 degrees tonight and it's raining you go outside in this crap.

Seriously, the get a life trolls have got it right here. You need to really get a life and stop whining about 1 day during a week you can't play your precious SWTOR.

2AM minimum has NOT been industry standard...just what reality are you in? I've played 18 MMOs now, with SWTOR being 19, and that is in no way shape form or fashion accurate whatsoever at all.

Hell even the Alaskan guy who has it start at 11PM for him says it's not so bad. Where does that put you?

Finally, no one gives a damn about your 21 degrees in Washington State. Boo freaking hoo. For the record it was 18 degrees here two nights ago, and the rain from the prior day froze. Do you see me crying about it on a forum? Noooooo..so why do you think that gives you ANY kind of vantage point or credibility?

Sorry but it doesn't. You're complaining about not being able to play a videogame once per week and getting all hissy cause people are telling you to chill out?

Take a step back and look at the situation and ask yourself who's really at fault here.

Seriously to the "get a life" trolls I worked a 16 hour shift today,

2am minimum has been the industry standard for every MMO todate and some of us have limited time to play.

If you don't have a problem with it fine, some of us actually do have lives as opposed to pretending to have one on a message board to belittle the simple request that they don't start maintenance in the middle of many players evening.

I live in Washington state it's 21 degrees tonight and it's raining you go outside in this crap.

OMG. I live in Northern Alberta. It was -36 degrees Celsius a few weeks ago. Server down time happened to fall on one of our coldest days of the year. Yet the earth continued to turn and I managed to survive and find other things to do!

We go out in the middle of blizzard. Why because people still have to go to work, school etc.

OMG it is raining! The end is nigh!!!