6v8 Warzones :(

Teabaker

They have so stop.. It's so frustrating to play with two less. This happened the last two BGs we had.

Don't really care how you solve it, im fine with server merges or that Warzones only start if 16 People are in it.

Edited by Teabaker

We just played 5 Empire against 10 Republic in Voidstar ... humiliating :(

Again. The last three Warzones we played 6v8. This is so frustrating. We even had an Alderaan today which started 5v8 >.>.

This Problem really wants to make me quit.

Edited by Teabaker

agreed, but this is only a problem for republic so they will probably ignore it until most of us quit!

6v8 rated warzones are going to suck

Not only a republic issue, I have been on the 6 side of 8v6s and I am empire.

Not really.. The Republic doesn't have enough Players to fill a Warzone, which leads to an 4-6v8. The Empire doesn't need to exploit, they are always in the majority.

We gave them 4 free Wins in the last hour because of that.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Not really.. The Republic doesn't have enough Players to fill a Warzone, which leads to an 4-6v8. The Empire doesn't need to exploit, they are always in the majority.

We gave them 4 free Wins in the last hour because of that.

Sorry bout that, misread part of your post in regard to starting numbers vs. the fix for tomorrow. Editing my post. Thank you!

Had 4 vs 8 today in Void, when the 4 that came we was locked behind door lol.

People leaving is 99% of the problem.

Anyways... :rolleyes:

Nope. I joined a fresh voidstar. However, when the Game started we were only 6. Nobody left and we were still six when they planted the Bomb at the third door after 5 minutes.

Edited by Teabaker

I've had the same problem on my first server (light population). I got so tired of it that I rerolled on a heavy population PvP server and WZ's fill up fine and its a lot of fun. I know it sucks rerolling but I've been doing dark side choices this time to make it more refreshing.

agreed, but this is only a problem for republic so they will probably ignore it until most of us quit!

Mmmmmmk... rockin' that tinfoil hat a bit too tight, eh?

I agree that the 6v8 thing is crap. It's almost as big a problem as 8v9+... just went against a 9+ republic group on Alderaan. Lame.

This bug makes it very hard to overcome the deficit...all of the WZs hinge on the beginning of the Zone..I've made a few comebacks when some reinforcements come quickly and a few shorthanded wins...but the slaughter that happens if it's a very good group of 8 can be very ugly.

This is a huge problem on my server for the Republic. In almost ever WZ the Republic has only 6 for much, and sometimes all, of the match.

This makes it extremely hard to finish dailies. Since most matches we lose.

It's bad enough that Republic has to deal with overgeared Imps but then forcing us to play with half as many toons is just too much.

Just more proof that the SWTOR devs are completely out of their depth. They should go back to flipping burgers.

Edited by --Grim--

Quoting Master Satele Shan: We can't win.

See this is intended.

She should move her fat ***. Like seriously, what did she ever do? with my JK i saved ALL!! life in the Universe. With my Consular i saved the Republic. What did she? NOTHING!

Na, Bioware has to fix this.

EDIT: Also i play on a Heavy Server. When i started playing i had always a Queue of 15-30 Minutes.

it's one of the reasons x-server is needed.

It's not just republic only, it happens to both sides, although the republic tend to face it more often in non off peak times, but if you play off peak, it happens too commonly to both.

She should move her fat ***. Like seriously, what did she ever do? with my JK i saved ALL!! life in the Universe. With my Consular i saved the Republic. What did she? NOTHING!

your jedi knight didn't save all ;)

Edited by Adzzy

Cool solution below... maybe... don't crucify me please :(

Take a page out of the CS 1.6 handbook (specifically competitive CS): Do not start the match until each team has the 8 players necessary to compete. In the interim, while teams fill up, have a team death match "pre-game" mode. Make there be a small valor reward, 10 valor per kill or something, so that it's not a complete waste of time. This way, people can have fun and not sit around while waiting for the teams to fill up and you can go on to having a balanced WZ.

Went into voidstar as a guild premade (some in pve gear but we talk on ts), 2 min countdown due to us having 5. Imps decided to farm us at our spawn point. Stealther got door, we win, 5vs 8.

Of course that is an exception, normally 5-7v8 is a loss and frustrating.

I agree totally that there should be cross server War Zones. Maybe combine 10 servers to a battle group. It has worked well for other MMOs. This would reduce the queue times on servers with low populations. Hopefully this would also help with servers which have uneven faction populations. I like to play in the morning before work sometimes but I often forgo queuing for PVP because I know there will be a lack of Republic players on to get a decent group together.

I agree that we need a solution for this issue. Very frustrating, repeatedly. I play both factions and have been on both ends of this issue. I don't know if it's practical, but it seems waiting to start the warzone until each team has 8 players would be a good way to assure matches at least start balanced.

We started a 6 v 8 VS, us being the 6 and we defended, Got two more to start the attack side and we won. Most of us were not exactly how we managed to hold them off as we just managed to blow the 1st door with about a minute left.

I agree that they should not start unless filled.

We had a civil war that was pretty much tied. The other side got the fought over node and one guy clicks out. Seconds later we take the ends and win. People give up way too easy.