1.000.000 Damage

Theobeo

It's true, that's how. DoTs/AoE are very effective for the defensive phase- though the lack of shields and healing not so much- but he clearly pulled his weight then.

On the offense though, having dots up, slowly killing the enemy team and spreading your damage doesn't help nearly as much as single target burst which kills enemies but provides technically lower overall dps.

Burst alone does not kill groups of people, especially when competent healers are amongst them. Pressure damage combined with focus firing does. And someone has to do the pressure damage. I'd prefer that they do a lot of it to make my job easier.

Edited by EternalFinality

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sharing spec cuz I use tons of different specs and it makes ppl ask questions in which im not willing to share.

A lot of what I'm saying now is something I'm not willing to talk about actually, but I do it anyway cuz what cud I expect when making a thread.

And why would you not be willing to talk about something as simple as your spec(s)? I am sure there are inquiring sorcs that would have a lot to learn from you, why not share your knowledge?

Edited by JustinxDuff

Hey man (OP) Gz to the achievement, 944K damage in a voidstar is a lot idd, no matter what class u play. Didnt bother to read all the replies but im sure that some guys werent impressed and could outperfrome u any day of the week. Some of them probably can too.

But ur obviously very excited and proud over ur achievement (broken personal record and all) and I was impressed.

GJ man!

Edited by Dirtysolutions

AGREED. It wouldn't matter for me if the Mara/Sent did 1mil dmg and lost. Just knowing the amount of work he put in to it would be quite impressive.

Actually it wouldn't be impressive because the only way to accomplish it currently would be to collude with the opposing team and have them continuously run up to the marauder and wait to be killed.

Part of the reason Sorc and other ranged DPS is so OP in this game is because they don't need mobility to do massive DPS. Time on target is largely limited to how quickly they can hit TAB. p

Voidstar just caters to this imbalance by putting all targets in a smallish area where a sorc with a pocket healer can just hang around between the doors and blast everyone ad infinitum.

So, you click (at least): the Rakata Medpac, Force Slow, Jolt (?) probably the Hutball pass and Extrication.

Aside trolling, congratulation on your achievement, I'm sure it isn't easy. Sadly only some classes / specs can achieve it

he clicks everything on the right side of both bars at the very least. he rebinded a total of 2 keys. and they were rebound into C and N for some strange reason

but hey TWO HUNDRED ACTIONS A MINUTE

you cant even get challenger with a setup like this

Edited by bicuspid

i faced him on voidstar, im a scoundrel with 13k hp and my team was a bad pug also, (just 2 players were good) he did 800k at the end but still managed to lose, all he does is pick up exp buff, spam death field (4kx3) and force lighting(1k+ tick) all day while having his pocket healer... ofc he has insane gear with like 1800 willpower? doing this just doesn't take any skill, the class if for terrible players who can click 3-4 skill (pro players). oh you can't 2v1 so don't even try next time :)

yea he is always bragging on his dmg when i play on my imp toon, don't think your good, just another player who has more time than most of us. pvp when you are uber geared doesn't take any skill, specially against pugs, so gj but this is nothing to be bragging about...

i faced him on voidstar, im a scoundrel with 13k hp and my team was a bad pug also, (just 2 players were good) he did 800k at the end but still managed to lose, all he does is pick up exp buff, spam death field (4kx3) and force lighting(1k+ tick) all day while having his pocket healer... ofc he has insane gear with like 1800 willpower? doing this just doesn't take any skill, the class if for terrible players who can click 3-4 skill (pro players). oh you can't 2v1 so don't even try next time :)

yea he is always bragging on his dmg when i play on my imp toon, don't think your good, just another player who has more time than most of us. pvp when you are uber geared doesn't take any skill, specially against pugs, so gj but this is nothing to be bragging about...

owned

Owned what. We all knew he spammed aoe. But spamming aoe for massive damage isn't a bad thing to do in a warzone.

The op said he didn't spam AoE, thats why I said it =P

'No, I don't use AoE damage. I actually use AoE by minority of the time spend doing damage."

-OP

Edited by JustinxDuff

Actually Theobeo is one of the better sorcs on ToFN if not the only good one. And he said that its only about damage and not objectivewhoring...

But hey I didn't expect any other kind of posts in these forums.

Gogo Theobeo keep up your work :cool:

why do you not use q, e, r, etc keys. why do you have keybinds like the N key, or ctrl 9. how can you claim to have 200 actions per minute when clearly your keybind are those of someone who clicks half the skills.

Cuz I marked them as second keybindings and therefore not shown as the main keybind, and therefore not as "e" but instead CTRL+X

I'm curious about the OPs claim to 200 APM.

What are you considering an action? Because unless you're counting 150 of those each minute to be tabbing targets then you're full of it.

The GCD is 1.5 seconds. Anyone claiming to have an APM much higher than 40 is just making stuff up...especially over 5 TIMES that number.

Grats on dealing damage though...I guess...

<shrug>

Yeah, I'm going to go with this. If we believe the OPs claims (I'm not disputing them, really), then he only really did damage abilities for 11 minutes. That's roughly 440 GCDs worth of actions if he did nothing but either stand and hit abilities, or used instant cast abilities. A person doing nothing else but spamming their basic attack will get it off 600 times during the course of an entire Voidstar match.

To get his numbers, he'd have to pull off 2,150~ damage each GCD. Not impossible. The part that has me thinking it's sketchy is when he says that he hardly uses AoE.

No, I don't use AoE damage. I actually use AoE by minority of the time spend doing damage.

No, I don't use 2 buttons only. I rather use 25 buttons and 10 buttons per sec.

No, I'm not sharing my spec.

No, I don't care about losing the WZ when I can win 19/20 of them anyway.

Also.... 10 buttons per second? Really? You're either mashing one button over and over until the ability you want goes off or rolling your face across the keyboard. Unless the 'ten buttons a second' you push go something like 'wwasdaww22.'

Overall, I'm still impressed. I'm just doubting the claims about how you did it and your need to express 'I can jam buttons that don't do anything due to global cooldown at 5 times the speed of the average person!'

Actually it wouldn't be impressive because the only way to accomplish it currently would be to collude with the opposing team and have them continuously run up to the marauder and wait to be killed.

Part of the reason Sorc and other ranged DPS is so OP in this game is because they don't need mobility to do massive DPS. Time on target is largely limited to how quickly they can hit TAB. p

Voidstar just caters to this imbalance by putting all targets in a smallish area where a sorc with a pocket healer can just hang around between the doors and blast everyone ad infinitum.

a lot of truth in this statement

Still, an impressive number.

The most I've done on my Shadow is about 350k, but that's because:

1) I spend a lot of time running to targets (finding healers to kill who are trying to cc or avoid me)

2) I spend a lot of time dead. It seems people notice the melee eating them more than the ranged guy.

3) I haven't played with a pocket healer.

This post is really pointing into a direction that I find disturbing, and I'm not going to continue evolving it by posting new replies to clear out the rage of innocent souls.

I'm not willing to talk about my specific playstyle. I just rejected the claim that all I did was spam AoE. If my damage was all caused by AoE, I would only make it to 400k or 500k like all regular sorcs.

And when I say that the minority of my time spend goes to AoE, it's true.

Edited by Theobeo

In regards to doing damage just for the sake of doing damage, its a nice result. Fun to see how much smack down you can put out.

But the things I find weird: The fact that all that damage was done, and got 74 kills. My natural assumption would be that there was an opposing team full of bads. Its hard for me to fathom people dieing so many times. On my early access server, most people joined early and thus are geared pretty well. Dont think I have seen that many kills since mixed brackets.

(And about mixed brackets: My best game I went 82-0 but only had about 500k damage.)

Was anyone even fighting back in the game shown? I think what would be more impressive is lower numbers with a win (showing that the opponent was more worthy). All this is proving is how poorly geared and non-skilled the other team is, but it does show the player knows how to maximize damage. Even if the opponent is sub-par.

How can you say 1,000,000 damage doesn't make a difference?! That 1,000,000 DOES impact the team...how can you argue that it doesn't?

At some point, that 1,000,000 less life DID impact the game...maybe it kept the match from ending sooner, maybe it prevented doors from being armed...whatever it did, 1,000,000 in damage is UN-******-REAL and COMPLETELY over the top.

Sure, they still lost...but my God...1,000,000 damage is insane - DoT's, AOE, doesn't freaking matter. The thought that ANYONE can GET that much, shows what an absolute mess Bioware has on their hands.

The fact they still lost proves that it was slower damage over time and not spike which means it was easily healed through which means he screwed over his entire team which means he wasn't doing objective score just trying to show off which means it was 7vs8 which means the team was down a person which means they were beaten which means the guy failed which means your a newb if you think 1mill is good if you still lose which means L2P