What are premades?

MrHemlocks

Been hearing a lot about premades...just what the heck are them? How can I make one?:eek:

All it means is you got some friends in a group with you and queued for PvP together.

They're whining because they either have no friends who enjoy PvP or they prefer to be a "loner" in a team game.

Sometimes it's long time friends grouping up with each other to enjoy the game together, other times it's elitist guildies who strive to win the game not only to gain accomplishments but to boost their e-peen and showboat about the server at how much better they are and how everyone else who's in a pug sucks.

A real pre-made is a full group of players with certain professions/classes.

Hence the term a pre-made group. You specifically designate players in the group instead of just inviting people.

As of now you can only have 4 people to que up with, but you can have a pre-made to a degree.

People hate them because they tend to be much more organized and better than a bunch of pugs.

All the Hype about premades is a joke. In all honesty you dont see alot of premades that are playing correctly. Mostly its guidies saying stuff like "Ill watch this door" or "need help at left".

I pug 90% of all my WZs and yet have no problem averging over 60% wins. All the QQing about premades or just poorly geared casual players.

Now I am also a top 10 pvp healer on my sever so maybe its just that as a good healer I can change the tide of war like no othe class, but My guildies who are dps or tank also dont have much problem winning over 50% of thier games.

A real pre-made is a full group of players with certain professions/classes.

Hence the term a pre-made group. You specifically designate players in the group instead of just inviting people.

As of now you can only have 4 people to que up with, but you can have a pre-made to a degree.

People hate them because they tend to be much more organized and better than a bunch of pugs.

"Pre-made" simply means the group existed before the queue put them together. It doesn't automatically imply planning strategic class/profession abilities be available.

Most of the time it's some friends or guildies who just wanna play together, and they mesh well cuz they know each other better. Often they don't even communicate, they just can predict each other's actions better from experience with them.

All the Hype about premades is a joke. In all honesty you dont see alot of premades that are playing correctly. Mostly its guidies saying stuff like "Ill watch this door" or "need help at left".

I pug 90% of all my WZs and yet have no problem averging over 60% wins. All the QQing about premades or just poorly geared casual players.

Now I am also a top 10 pvp healer on my sever so maybe its just that as a good healer I can change the tide of war like no othe class, but My guildies who are dps or tank also dont have much problem winning over 50% of thier games.

A single person cannot watch every objective alone. Good players help, but no 1 player can carry a whole team.

Top 10 eh... pretty sure they haven't implemented ratings yet. In that case, I am the best PvPer in all of SWTOR, ranked #1 by myself.

"Pre-made" simply means the group existed before the queue put them together. It doesn't automatically imply planning strategic class/profession abilities be available.

Most of the time it's some friends or guildies who just wanna play together, and they mesh well cuz they know each other better. Often they don't even communicate, they just can predict each other's actions better from experience with them.

From the other MMO's I've played we/others always used the term pre-made being a group with set profession/class limit.

SWG for example:

2 GA officers

2-3 medics (Any set)

1 smug (Dire)

1 commando (Devestation)

1 bh (Dire)

I would call friends/guildies grouping up as a pick up group. They picked up their friends and played while a pre-made is designated spots/roles people need to fill.

All it means is you got some friends in a group with you and queued for PvP together.

They're whining because they either have no friends who enjoy PvP or they prefer to be a "loner" in a team game.

This.

Back in war and wow we had proper premades with composition and teamspeak.

In SWTOR, 1 out of 250 "premades" are done like that.

In generally all cases its friends or guildfriends teaming up together for fun, without too much thought of class composition and voice chat.

But in SWTOR we have a general population of people that NEVER did pvp earlier and believe that just cause they have same guild name, they are too good for you to beat, and you assume all your team mates are terrible, cause you know...no good player ever, ever ques up alone...right....

I solo que most of the time and I can turn the tide of many games, and there are many of us like this.

I que with friends or go solo.

We have so many people complaining in this game its redicilous. Then again, I understand cause they heard about these so called "premades" from other games, and now assume its the same here.

Heck, even in wow 1 out of 50 premades was a real premade.

If friends cant enjoy the game together, if its for PVE or PVP, then its not an MMO that will last very long.

Pre-made groups are in essence this:

A group of friends or guild mates who queue as a group and use a chat program to quickly execute tactics and have a specific make group up (tank, healer, dps or talent spec)

It has been proven without a doubt that the average player has improved skills simply by using a chat program to communicate over a typical keyboard due to the fact that one can use the hands for movement and combat rather than falling prey to easy target syndrome by not moving or paying attention.

This has been known for years, since the early days of Doom and Quake. It has also come to the forefront that using key binds over mouse clicking has improved ones effectiveness in the MMO genre pvp.

Additionally, common sense prevails within group oriented pvp where as actively counting enemy players in an area and knowing the max group size allowed within an instanced pvp area also brings in fantastic advantages over anticipating defense/offense positions.

From the other MMO's I've played we/others always used the term pre-made being a group with set profession/class limit.

SWG for example:

2 GA officers

2-3 medics (Any set)

1 smug (Dire)

1 commando (Devestation)

1 bh (Dire)

I would call friends/guildies grouping up as a pick up group. They picked up their friends and played while a pre-made is designated spots/roles people need to fill.

This is not how the forums has been using it, and any system that punishes pre-mades will also punish those casual friends playing together

Well in general a group formed before joining pvp, though there are several sub categories of a premade.

For example there are premades with the same people playing the same class every time.

(they can also be in the same guild or form a guild together later, happened in daoc a lot)

Then the player pool premades who have a fixed pool of (trusted) players that are invited to join the group to achieve a certain setup.

Guild premades which are similar to player pool premades but the pool is the guild (or maybe ally) though I would say the focus is more on doing stuff together and not on having the perfect setup or the best players.

And then there are the Pickup premades, ie people searching for others that fit the setup in general chat and building the group this way.

The order posted is in general also how dangerous they are imo.

Edited by Garbald

Its when 4 average people decide to group up to ensure that at worst there will only be 4 totally clueless people on their team.

Hit the nail on the head. When I group up with guildies/friends it's so that, when I get the warzone, I can tell myself "Well, I know that at least 3 of my teammates won't be awful."

Well in general a group formed before joining pvp, though there are several sub categories of a premade.

For example there are premades with the same people playing the same class every time.

(they can also be in the same guild or form a guild together later, happened in daoc a lot)

Then the player pool premades who have a fixed pool of (trusted) players that are invited to join the group to achieve a certain setup.

Guild premades which are similar to player pool premades but the pool is the guild (or maybe ally) though I would say the focus is more on doing stuff together and not on having the perfect setup or the best players.

And then there are the Pickup premades, ie people searching for others that fit the setup in general chat and building the group this way.

The order posted is in general also how dangerous they are imo.

This summarizes it better than I did.

There are different levels. Most posts on the PvP forums are talking about people who group up and que. Not any of the other measures.