The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just dinged 50; what a sham.

Hard_Head

oh yeah 3 pieces of PVP gear would have REALLY save him if he saved up for 6 champ bags! Stop apologizing for BAD DESIGN. There is no starter PVP gear you can craft to be at some kind of footing with the pvpers. This is bringing less people into PVP not more so please get a clue.

Most people are running with champ/cent gear.... most people are around 10% expertise, many by choice since it eats into your stats pretty hard after 10%.

That means the person he is fighting does 10% more damage to him... even on a hard hit for 3k that means it is 3.3k... hardly game ending. It gives a 10% reduction as well, meaning him hitting someone for 3k is only reduced to 2.7k... again hardly game ending.

It isn't a great system but who in their right mind thinks a person that hit 50 today should be on even footing with someone who has been 50 for a month and been pvp'ing that whole time?

It takes a week to get good daily gear mixed with good pvp gear. In 2 weeks a person can be damn near 500 expertise and be on even footing with the majority of the other players.... that isn't even a full billing period...

With no pvp gear what would happen is the people who like pvp but don't like pve would simply quit... the people that like pve would get gear but not go to pvp. What would be left is a lot of people in bad gear pvp'ing FOR NO REASON.

Oh, and the people with that BM gear have been killing your class and all other classes over and over and over... they know what to expect and how to handle you. They know what kind of damage to expect and how to mitigate it better using their own skills... a fresh 50 does not know haw to handle other classes in the same way.

People are arguing for either no pvp gear or getting handed full BM gear the second they hit 50.... neither solves any of the pvp issues.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The WoW method of removing the competitive nature of PvP through gear gating just isn't good PvP, period.

Games like DAoC (crafted gear best in game) and Guild Wars (gear irrelevent) had no gear barriers. "Grind X amount of time before you're allowed to start enjoying PvP" is what WoW brought to the table.

The sad thing is that the solution is so simple. Vanity gear that can only be obtained through Raids/PvP. The fact that the best stated gear is attainable by everyone at level 50 would also lend itself to having Raid/pvP gear hard to attain. Ranked pvp gear where the top 100 can wear unique looking items comes to mind.

Also, the gear grind is just another method to keep people playing without putting forth effort to design ompelling open world pvp.

Edited by justadude

My first 5 WZ experiences (all Huttball) have resulted in the enemy team scoring 5 points quick, then farming for 12 minutes. I have no PVP gear and going up against Battlemasters is insanity.

I'm asking because I really don't know: How am I supposed to gear up if I can't even get a kill, let alone win a match? I've heard the horror of Ilum and as a result, haven't even traveled there yet.

Seriously, there's nothing fun or enjoyable about getting smashed in 3 seconds every time you leave the spawning area. It's really frustrating to see Battlemasters camping right on your goal line waiting for you to jump down to them for a quick death or desert the group.

Is there any hope for a fresh lvl 50 in PVP? I'll appreciate any advice.

Dude it sucks bad ...I know the feeling it gets slightly better....even in champ/cent gear I get waxed by BM's quick.....it sucks .:eek:

For the 100th time, the end game of SWTOR was not a priority for the initial release of SWTOR. The classes, story, and 1-49 quests got most of the dev time. I am sure in another year or two, 80% of the PvP comments will be meaningless, because they will be giving you a lot of new and varied PvP end game experiences. How long did it take WOW to have decent endgame? And just comparing what SWTOR gives you compared to what WOW gave you on init release, there is none, because WOW had no endgame AT ALL!