Open World PvP is ALIVE!!!!!!

Allmightyprom

We're seeing an increase in Open World PvP on many servers lately.

That's not too surprising as free form, ad hoc open world pvp tends to attract players who have achieved their immediate endgame goals (e.g. achieving Battlemaster).

It wouldn't surprise me if what you're seeing is an increase in frustrated players going into lowbie zones and griefing them instead of farming (or getting farmed) on Ilum. An increase of "bad" PvP is still "bad" PvP.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tonight, guild Exile, took the sith spaceport on Hoth. We denied the entire planet to the sith for hours and hours. Any sith that came in died fast and could not get away from the base or us. Anyone that had to leave hoth had to use their fleetpass.

This message to you idiots out there saying this game has no openworld pvp....i call BS. Man up...get a couple of ops together and go take an opposite factions spaceport. This is called denial of resource.

We had hours of fun. The sith tried to shake us from the planet, but we took them all out.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9403/hothpvp.png

Interesting idea, just remember not to prevent people's leveling.

Hooray! OP found out how to club baby seals!

Go fight an equally level/equally sized group of Sith then come back. Until then this is all I see:

"Hi, we took over a low level zone, farmed some sub-50's who probably don't pvp at all (or that much), and any actual level 50's that came in got zerg'd. But hey, we should be lauded for our skill because we can camp the "zone in" area!)

:rolleyes:

Yea...Real PvP my arse.

Go fight an equally level/equally sized group of Sith then come back. Until then this is all I see:

"Hi, we took over a low level zone, farmed some sub-50's who probably don't pvp at all (or that much), and any actual level 50's that came in got zerg'd. But hey, we should be lauded for our skill because we can camp the "zone in" area!)

Yea...Real PvP my arse.

QFT!

Greiving low levels (As a high level) isn't PVP. The people that do that generally suck against equally geared people and need to stroke their E-peen somehow.

That's not too surprising as free form, ad hoc open world pvp tends to attract players who have achieved their immediate endgame goals (e.g. achieving Battlemaster).

Yes, because 50s farming lowbies is real pvp?

Youre right though. Its not surprising. People have to entertain themselves and feel good so a bunch of 50s farming lower level camps and players is not surprsing.

I hope to hell you and gabe do not consider this a success for your guys failed attempt at a real pvp system. From the people who brought us DAoC, this is a disgrace.

Mediocre at best, this is not the Bioware quality I gave become accustomed to.

Yea...Real PvP my arse.

Then why Imps set foot on Ilum when their are not equally sized? Probably its Imps that should learn to PVP and not get frustrated when they loose 80% of WZ on my server or someone PVP outside of Ilum where they outnumber.

Until then this as all I see:

"Hi, we don't want to hear for PVP outside Ilium 'cos we suck when we don't outnumber (aka WZs and non-Ilum zones)."

Edited by SBite

Yes, because 50s farming lowbies is real pvp?

It's called hazing, and when someone is new at something they should be "initiated" into the game (or at least on PvP servers where it's viable) properly by higher level players. Don't like getting ganked by people 30 levels higher than you? Keep in mind you'll the guy 30 levels higher than whomever you're ganking, then he will gank, etc.

Edited by Agemnon

So tonight, guild Exile, took the sith spaceport on Hoth. We denied the entire planet to the sith for hours and hours. Any sith that came in died fast and could not get away from the base or us. Anyone that had to leave hoth had to use their fleetpass.

This message to you idiots out there saying this game has no openworld pvp....i call BS. Man up...get a couple of ops together and go take an opposite factions spaceport. This is called denial of resource.

We had hours of fun. The sith tried to shake us from the planet, but we took them all out.

Thats not open world PVP. That's camping a spaceport. I hope you feel real special inside.

This ^

Open World PvP is there for people, it's people that need to make it happen.

How?

People need to ask guild leaders, or schedule it to happen. As you can see by OP, open world PvP can work and can be alot of fun.

Illum is not the only planet you have to PvP at...:rolleyes:

Edited by Caeliux

The G man has spoken. Get out there and make the republic proud guys!!! take back what is ours.

Pretty bad but the valor gain was worth the trouble.

Speak for yourself snaf :)

I was usually getting 15-30 fps even with 100 people on screen hitting aoes and crap. Only time i ever lagged was at the start of large combat when both factions meet and my pc has to load everyone.

No they shouldn't have, since they were too busy owning Ilum and WZs for valor/commendations aka getting geared. While the republic was stroking their little e-peens against lvl 40 NPCs.

I guess the republic was tired of losing so they had to pick a fight they could win..

WPvP is the best PvP.

Zone Disruption

This refers to disrupting locations within the game so that it inhibits the play of or provides a level of disruption to other players. This can include excessive disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings, excessive use of sounds or visuals, blocking areas of the game, pulling creatures over and over so no one else may kill them, and killing specific vendors, key creatures or quest givers for no reason other than to cause disruption or ‘grief’ to others.

Harassment Policy

Our goal is to build a strong community that offers a comfortable atmosphere for all of our players. This means seeing that players have the ability to combat antisocial behavior

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

Harassment is also any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at you or your group. Before reporting, a genuine attempt to alleviate the situation should be made by leaving the area or the offending player, or asking them politely to stop. If a sincere attempt has been made to solve the problem and the offending player persists in the behavior, it should be reported.

Behavior that is always considered harassment includes derogatory and/or hateful comments that are sexual, racist, religious, or related to gender or creed.

A judgment of valid harassment can result in penalties placed on the harassing party up to and including immediate account closure, based on the severity of harassment and the player's past account history.

Player versus Player (“PvP”) activities, where available, are not exempt from this policy.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

Zone Disruption

This refers to disrupting locations within the game so that it inhibits the play of or provides a level of disruption to other players. This can include excessive disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings, excessive use of sounds or visuals, blocking areas of the game, pulling creatures over and over so no one else may kill them, and killing specific vendors, key creatures or quest givers for no reason other than to cause disruption or ‘grief’ to others.

Harassment Policy

Our goal is to build a strong community that offers a comfortable atmosphere for all of our players. This means seeing that players have the ability to combat antisocial behavior

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

Harassment is also any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at you or your group. Before reporting, a genuine attempt to alleviate the situation should be made by leaving the area or the offending player, or asking them politely to stop. If a sincere attempt has been made to solve the problem and the offending player persists in the behavior, it should be reported.

Behavior that is always considered harassment includes derogatory and/or hateful comments that are sexual, racist, religious, or related to gender or creed.

A judgment of valid harassment can result in penalties placed on the harassing party up to and including immediate account closure, based on the severity of harassment and the player's past account history.

Player versus Player (“PvP”) activities, where available, are not exempt from this policy.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

LOL i wondered how long it would take for a carebear to bring this up.

True man. For people who thinks that open pvp sucks its because they are too laizy, to look for it. they want everything easy, and right there. As they are used to.

Thats not open world PVP. That's camping a spaceport. I hope you feel real special inside.
so? its how open world pvp starts. real open pvp starts. If the people who wanted to go to hoth on empire werent to laizy and formed up a opps to get down those republicans you would have full scale pvp battle in spaceport.

At least hoth was denied for the empire that day, at least something happen that fealt a bit dynamic.

Edited by Spartanik