Brackets

azmundai

For the love of all things more retarded than lvl 50 pvp in this game can you put the freaking ppl in full champ / bm gear in a separate bracket please .. their cats can beat fresh 50s. This is not fun. Id rather wait 10 minutes to have an even match then spend 50% of my time on a speeder or on a sealed room.

So the geared players have to wait longer --- again.

Waited today 3 hours to popup an invite.

I dont disagree .. its a pickle. "Why can't it ever be easy" .. lol

Im convinced there will be brackets the day the system will require my gear level to be in the top bracket.

1. No brackets.

Rage, how can we play against 50s?

My answer: The only difference would be, that you'd be getting farmed like cattle once you hit 50 and start joining 50s warzones. Before that you had a chance to be paired with geared level 50s, now you'll be pretty much doomed. You'll cry for even more brackets then.

I should change my nickname to Nostradamus.

Regards,

Kalantris

1. No brackets.

Rage, how can we play against 50s?

My answer: The only difference would be, that you'd be getting farmed like cattle once you hit 50 and start joining 50s warzones. Before that you had a chance to be paired with geared level 50s, now you'll be pretty much doomed. You'll cry for even more brackets then.

I should change my nickname to Nostradamus.

Regards,

Kalantris

i have no idea what you are saying

i cant wait for ranked brackets. i remember a roomie of mine playing halo and bragging about jumping brackets (i played mw)

Rank system could work before but not now. Before it was about who is bigger no life. Today is about who have better gear.

Ranking system in TOR is all about gear.

Simple as that. When I got lvl 20 PVP set I could waste every < lvl 20 in no time. They were canon folder.

Same with lvl 40. I have lvl 40 pvp set and I waste everyone below lvl 40.

When I will join lvl 50 with my second char - same as with BH - i will be canon folder for champs, cents and bm.

Then I will get champ/bm stuff I will own everyone that have nothing like that.

And that's it. There is nothing more there. PVP is not skill based at all. It's gear based on lvl 50.

Don't know why there is so much gap between PVP gear.

I find out that I enjoy PVP again once I started creating alt and doing WZ below lvl 50. I just hope that last 8 lvl I will make long enough so they will change that stupid PVP system on lvl 50.

Edited by DariuszPol

For the love of all things more retarded than lvl 50 pvp in this game can you put the freaking ppl in full champ / bm gear in a separate bracket please .. their cats can beat fresh 50s. This is not fun. Id rather wait 10 minutes to have an even match then spend 50% of my time on a speeder or on a sealed room.

I don't really see how getting passably geared is that hard. You should have 6 bags the moment you hit 50, then you can have another 20 within 7 days from quests.

Edited by Dystopic

Welcome to the world of PvP for characters in the 1-49 range before there were brackets...

People demanded PvP brackets to segregate 50's from everyone else, so Bioware implemented brackets to segregate 50's from everyone else.

Now the 50's want brackets that will segregate 50's with gear from 50's without gear.

Why not go to the logical conclusion, and ask for brackets based on Valor rank ranges?

(As opposed to the unhelpful and sarcastic response I was initially tempted to give... brackets that will put OP in a group with pwnable n00bs...)

i have no idea what you are saying

i cant wait for ranked brackets. i remember a roomie of mine playing halo and bragging about jumping brackets (i played mw)

1. Ranked brackets are fine.

2. There should be unranked games as well.

3. Ranked brackets will cut people off from some of their friends unless it's going to be possible to smurf.

4. The idea of dividing 50s into brackets is plain stupid. There's not enough of us to make queue times bearable half of the time, so if you make it worse... You do the math.

Regards,

Kalantris

1. Ranked brackets are fine.

2. There should be unranked games as well.

3. Ranked brackets will cut people off from some of their friends unless it's going to be possible to smurf.

4. The idea of dividing 50s into brackets is plain stupid. There's not enough of us to make queue times bearable half of the time, so if you make it worse... You do the math.

Regards,

Kalantris

way more clarified. good points

Your reward for slaving through all that gear and warzones and PvP is ...

To only beat on people with your same gear. To have longer queue times for the people just starting the grind.

It's pretty fun to beat on people in lower gear. It was a pretty big incentive when I lost fights I shouldn't have when I didn't have gear. Terrible idea.

I think this is mainly a perception made problem.

I play both 10-49s and 50s WZs, and i think the gap between lvl 10s and 49s is waaaaaaay bigger than the one from fresh 50s to T3 50s.

PLUS you can close the gap to T2 fairly easy on lvl 50.

- farming PVE T1 (or 1,5 because of the secondary stats) is easy and usable in pvp

- get some pvp stuff through dailies and WZs

Within a week you should be fine with T1/T2. And thats already a big difference from being a fresh 50.

It's just that when you come from lvl 49, you are used to be really imba.

And then you just aren't anymore.

Rank system could work before but not now. Before it was about who is bigger no life. Today is about who have better gear.

Ranking system in TOR is all about gear.

Simple as that. When I got lvl 20 PVP set I could waste every < lvl 20 in no time. They were canon folder.

Same with lvl 40. I have lvl 40 pvp set and I waste everyone below lvl 40.

When I will join lvl 50 with my second char - same as with BH - i will be canon folder for champs, cents and bm.

Then I will get champ/bm stuff I will own everyone that have nothing like that.

And that's it. There is nothing more there. PVP is not skill based at all. It's gear based on lvl 50.

Don't know why there is so much gap between PVP gear.

I find out that I enjoy PVP again once I started creating alt and doing WZ below lvl 50. I just hope that last 8 lvl I will make long enough so they will change that stupid PVP system on lvl 50.

Between champ and bm gear only 4 lvl difference - it's nothing. And u can farm champ gear relatively easy after patch. So pvp based on skill, but ofc u need some gear.

Between champ and bm gear only 4 lvl difference - it's nothing. And u can farm champ gear relatively easy after patch. So pvp based on skill, but ofc u need some gear.

I'm talking about gap between Centurions, Champions and Battlemasters and fresh lvl 50. It's not about lack of skills. It's pure gap between equipment. Who designe that ? :|

PS: Funny thing. I'm lvl 42 and I have valor lvl 42. I got Centurion title :-D Very often people ask me now why the hell I'm centurion before lvl 50 ;-D

I'm talking about gap between Centurions, Champions and Battlemasters and fresh lvl 50. It's not about lack of skills. It's pure gap between equipment. Who designe that ? :|

PS: Funny thing. I'm lvl 42 and I have valor lvl 42. I got Centurion title :-D Very often people ask me now why the hell I'm centurion before lvl 50 ;-D

Every game have design like this. If u fresh 50 how the hell u can be on the same lvl as someone, who farm gear for month.

I never saw that big of a difference when I hit 50. I still had fun. I still Killed people. my team still won warzones. And in less then 2 days I was full centurion and had 3 Pieces of Champion Gear. Their is no reason to split 50's in different groups.

Score two points for the further wussification of mankind. Stop your qq'ing and earn your gear like everyone else in there did. Next, you will be crying for the bracket where someone else comes over to your mom's basement and plays the game for you. Or maybe you would like the bracket where you enter into the WZ and get handed a win, 2 million valor, 1 million credits, and all your alts become level 50 (even the ones you haven't created yet).

So just give every class the same class-gear for Warzones.

An ungeared lvl 50 have more chance in WZs than a lvl 10-20 against a lvl 49.

A lvl 49 cant be beaten in low lvl warzone, now i have a lvl 43 marauder and its a joke. Like im doing PVE. Or as the sith warrior would say "I didn't even break a sweat."

Btw how can you not have centurion/champion gear when you hit lvl 50? Stack up 1k comms before you hit lvl 50 and do the weekly and you have a lot of items in 1-2 days.

Edited by Osskscosco

I think this is mainly a perception made problem.

I play both 10-49s and 50s WZs, and i think the gap between lvl 10s and 49s is waaaaaaay bigger than the one from fresh 50s to T3 50s.

PLUS you can close the gap to T2 fairly easy on lvl 50.

- farming PVE T1 (or 1,5 because of the secondary stats) is easy and usable in pvp

- get some pvp stuff through dailies and WZs

Within a week you should be fine with T1/T2. And thats already a big difference from being a fresh 50.

It's just that when you come from lvl 49, you are used to be really imba.

And then you just aren't anymore.

y u no give me all on a silver plate ?!!?

Just a quick couple of comments:
  • Brackets will cause a lot of long queues, but when the queues are cross-server it might not be so bad.
  • IMHO the brackets should be based on PvP rank, not level.

this actually makes sense.

right now, with the illum debacle awhile back, pvp rank is meaningless...

but eventually it will be a decent indicator of pvp experience and, hopefully, ability.

and with gear tied to rank, chances are you won't be going up against BM geared folks till you're in the same situation.

although... i despise the idea of x-server queues. destroys any community the players feel. im already getting a sense of which matches are going to be good and which ones bad based on who is in the warzone with me... i know which players will work together and watch my back (and who are worth me watching their backs), and which ones are just stealing my oxygen. x-server would obliterate that.

That is the idea. Make PVP gear cosmetic. Look like you want. Everyone have gear that is DIFFERENT (one can work better for dps and other work better for healers) but chances are almost equal (class imbalance).

How promote more experience players ? Make T2 and T3 PVP gear with different design to make them look cooler.

If they have skills to show then they will perform better than others anyway. If not then well...

Right now most of them show no skills but they win because of better gear. I must dig my friends video he send me. He was canon folder for 2 weeks in WZ and in that time he send me video that shows how stupid current system is.

He was fighting against some tracer missile spamers in champion gear. He counter it and blocked that ability for 4 seconds (he was playing operative just like I'm now). Bounty Hunter didn't do a thing in that 4 seconds and then he start spamming again and he killed him.

That BH was just sure he will win and he waited (with troll face) or he was total noob that didn't know what happened when his "magic button" stopped working. I see noobs like that all the time. They stop doing anything or even they run away. One even called me a "hacker". Only few people realize what happened and they press some other buttons :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.