Too many healers need a penalty in their heals.

Zhaker

I'm sort of tired seeing a 8v8 wz match with half my opposition as healers.

There needs to be a penalty for this, like say 100% heal reduction, because it just becomes an WOW Alterac Valley style match where it can sometimes become endless and pointless for 15 minutes of a WZ.

Everything else about healing is fine, but its just not fun playing it like this really, and tends to get old fast.

Yes I am a healer but I also hate having 3 other healers in my team if I get that, cause it makes a game long winded, boring and retarded (usually I just DPS and not bother healer).

I prefer at max 2 healers per WZ and if more than 1 person heal on the same guy (including himself) then a further penalty to heals (so from 30% to 50% [for 2] and 70% [for 3] etc) will need to apply on the person for a certain duration (30 seconds).

EDIT: TO clarify I don't mean the healer penalized, I mean the target thats getting heals penalized, so that further heals multiple heals will not be as great as before.

That way, ppl will die, and that healers don't just heal to make the fight longer than it should be.

Edited by Zhaker

LOL what? So you're saying that healers shouldnt do what they are supposed to do?

They're to prolong the fight, not make them immortal. The fact that you are saying this means that you must enjoy hitting a brick wall, and in that case by all means keep hitting that brick wall with your head and enjoy!

They're to prolong the fight, not make them immortal. The fact that you are saying this means that you must enjoy hitting a brick wall, and in that case by all means keep hitting that brick wall with your head and enjoy!

The only proper way to hit a brick wall is with your head. Another way you could make a fight last less time, is that you could just let them kill you.

All joking aside, what you are clearly not seeing is that healers are meant to prolong a fight. Also they do not make fights immortal, first until lvl 40 they can only single target heal, so if you get ppl to spread out the damage you can kill them, second FOCUS ON THE HEALER......i mean, come on, seriously? Just get everyone to focus on the healer and they go down fast.

The only proper way to hit a brick wall is with your head. Another way you could make a fight last less time, is that you could just let them kill you.

All joking aside, what you are clearly not seeing is that healers are meant to prolong a fight. Also they do not make fights immortal, first until lvl 40 they can only single target heal, so if you get ppl to spread out the damage you can kill them, second FOCUS ON THE HEALER......i mean, come on, seriously? Just get everyone to focus on the healer and they go down fast.

All joking aside your not seeing the point, I'm not talking about 1 player healing 1 targets.

I meant 4 players healing a single target. Unless you can CC all the healers in one gulp (which isnt easy to do but possible and I think only certain classes can CC multiple targets).

And I have edited the claim where I mean healers should be penalized I meant the targets should get further healing penalties since he got healed from multiple sources.

Edited by Zhaker

Call out healers, and have the warzone leader mark them. Then you just focus them, and interrupt their heals. Healers also get a 30% debuff while healing in combat. Also with 4 healers on the enemy team, you should win through objectives easily, since they shouldn't have the DPS to take down your team as long as you have 1 or 2 healers. I had a match where my team had 5 healers, 3 dps, took us forever to kill one person, and we couldnt get the objectives because of it. Edited by Sinvx

well something has to be done with all the healing in the wzs that make the enemy team basically immortal since a majority of them are healing classes (sorcs,bounty hunters,few good operatives here and there) and it just isnt right when facing the imp side who have like 4-6 healers and the rep side has 2-3 healers (at least one dont heal) a solution for this would be tricky...i can agree with the OP...but id say for each extra healing class above three, their heals get reduced 10% along with the 30% debuff so it dont feel as if the other team put at a disadvantage due to the vast amount of heals the other team has Edited by jonnyshadow

All joking aside your not seeing the point, I'm not talking about 1 player healing 1 targets.

I meant 4 players healing a single target. Unless you can CC all the healers in one gulp (which isnt easy to do but possible and I think only certain classes can CC multiple targets).

And I have edited the claim where I mean healers should be penalized I meant the targets should get further healing penalties since he got healed from multiple sources.

So... you want to make it easier for you to just /train on one target and just ignore healers?

And you think that's right?

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

Call out healers, and have the warzone leader mark them. Then you just focus them, and interrupt their heals. Healers also get a 30% debuff while healing in combat. Also with 4 healers on the enemy team, you should win through objectives easily, since they should have the DPS to take down your team as long as you have 1 or 2 healers. I had a match where my team had 5 healers, 3 dps, took us forever to kill one person, and we couldnt get the objectives because of it.

^^^ This.

Yes, at times it can be very difficult to deal with healers, but it is neither impossible nor excessively difficult.

Remember: you don't necessarily have to kill a healer. Every moment you spend on hitting the healer and scaring him to move around, he cannot heal others. Every second he spends to heal himself, he cannot heal others. Every heal you interrupt, he cannot heal others, and even if you can only interrupt one out of two heals cast that's still potentially 50% of his healing you are shutting off.

Also, every enemy player that comes to get you off from their healer, is a player that is drawn away from the objective.

If your team has problems with the enemy healer, then it means your team isn't functioning right.

I'm sort of tired seeing a 8v8 wz match with half my opposition as healers.

There needs to be a penalty for this, like say 100% heal reduction, because it just becomes an WOW Alterac Valley style match where it can sometimes become endless and pointless for 15 minutes of a WZ.

Everything else about healing is fine, but its just not fun playing it like this really, and tends to get old fast.

Yes I am a healer but I also hate having 3 other healers in my team if I get that, cause it makes a game long winded, boring and retarded (usually I just DPS and not bother healer).

I prefer at max 2 healers per WZ and if more than 1 person heal on the same guy (including himself) then a further penalty to heals (so from 30% to 50% [for 2] and 70% [for 3] etc) will need to apply on the person for a certain duration (30 seconds).

EDIT: TO clarify I don't mean the healer penalized, I mean the target thats getting heals penalized, so that further heals multiple heals will not be as great as before.

That way, ppl will die, and that healers don't just heal to make the fight longer than it should be.

So, your idea is to penalize healing in a way where 4 healers will be just as effective as 2?

So basically when my team gets 4 healers and enemy 2 we automatically lose, because those 2 healers are just as effective as our 4, but because they have only 2 of them get two extra slots they can fill with dps or tanks, while at our side the two of our healers are basically useless without it being their fault, because they cant heal effectively, but also cant deal damage because they are specced in healing, turning the match into effectively 6v8?

And that in the game where team composition is at best 50% (when having a 4-man premade) and at worst 100% (when having PUG) random and no player can affect it in any way?

And this didn't strike you as HORRIBLY BAD IDEA?

YEAH! NERF HEALERS!

It's totally OP to have 4 healers together healing. Also we should nerf DPS, because whenever I see 4 DPS class together they all DPS together and kill me...

...seriously though is this a joke?

They wouldn't kill you if there were 4 healers though :cool:

So we are now talking about a 5 man group with 4 of them being healers? are you taking on this group by yourself? If so either you or they are idiots, cause either you are trying to do the impossible or they are wasting time 5v1, so lets assume this isn't the case.

So now we are looking at a 5v5 scenario where as you say all 4 of the opposing healers are targeting and casting heals on the one non-healer. If you have say one healer on your side and 4 dps have all the dps switch and focus fire the same healer, guess what...dead healer. By the time that the healers switch targets and can cast their first heal it will be too late the guy will be dead already.

You also have interrupts, stuns, and knockbacks as a team to mess with healers. Interrupt them, then when you cant interrupt them use a stun on them to interrupt them again, then interrupt them again, then when they cast again you can use a second stun or a knockback, then your interrupt is up again. That is 5 casts in a row they cant finish. And a skilled player using a knockback to ruin a team's healing options will angle him away from the fight as far as possible, now he has to run back to the fight just to be able to heal his allies...interrupt with lockout of all schools of casting until he is in range again.

Yes healers are so overpowered, when you ignore them completely and let them wreck your team. Then again if you can't figure out how to beat a healer you probably don't deserve the win anyway so tough luck.

Oh and lets cut DMG while there is more then 4 dps on WZ!

And slice off armor when there is more then 4 tanks!

Oh, I've got even better idea! Lets cut internet connection when there is another stupid thread like this one with crying clueless OP!

I was in a WZ today and we sent one to get snow and the rest middle. They took grass and when I looked, we had 6 healers middle, one dps. We all healed eachother, died once and no one capped the center until they had 100 points left. It was hilarious. They could have took the sides so easy but they just wanted to kill healers I guess.

Not one healer had less than 250k healing at the end. Our dps guy hit 900k damage lol.

So I guess having fights where it boils down spam heals and endless DPSIng and little kills and objectives is how we want PvP SWTOR. Besides the fact that a pointless nerf to Operatives was made because ppl got 4 shotted was bad.

I can't WAIT for Rated WZ, this **** is going to end up like WoW again...

So I guess having fights where it boils down spam heals and endless DPSIng and little kills and objectives is how we want PvP SWTOR. Besides the fact that a pointless nerf to Operatives was made because ppl got 4 shotted was bad.

I can't WAIT for Rated WZ, this **** is going to end up like WoW again...

I fail to see why long PvP battles are a bad thing. Most of us like large scale, drawn out, challenging conflicts. We are not all in it for the "valor", "commendations", or "phat lewtz".

Another person who not know anything about tactics in pvp, and whine about it.

Personally kinda hate healers myself. Most strangely even on 1v1 combat. And no, not because there is no way to kill then in 1v1 combat, but because they usually able to prolong it long enough to the point there it stop become 1v1, and become 1v2.

Nevertheless killed hell of a lot of healers (some even in actual 1v1 combat), and by been DPS always pick healers as my prime targets.. even though they are actualy prime target for everyone.

Group of DPS-opers working in team, that the real trouble. Hopefully i see such group rarely, and thus will save you from whines about them ;)

Sentinels, Marauders, Commandos, Bounty Hunters (and good PvPers) have more than enough abilities to interupt heals and kill healers 1v1. Very frustrating as a healer to get interupted, have a subsequent penalty to recast, and that happen 3 times in a row. So much, that I would like to complain about it...