Ode to Corso - Video/Song of my thoughts

MelliMelon

Youtube link is

"Ode to Corso" is a project that I have been working on for a long while. It was originally inspired by Suzume_Bachl's... interesting post on the SWTOR forums (read the following link for one of the funniest posts ever: Here).

From there, I divided my song into my main issues with Corso.

Verse 1: Based on the quote, "I'm sure he'd be happier someplace where he belongs like with some smarmy moralizing Jedi or some slavishly devoted to the Republic trooper instead of being where he doesn't belong - with a smuggler."

Verse 2: If Corso had his way, him and the female smuggler would be a 17th century aristocratic couple meets Superman saving a damsel in distress.

Chorus: I. Hate. You.

Enjoy the video.

Disclaimer: I am not sure which forum this post belongs in. On the one hand, it is a video, which belongs in the Fan Art section. But on the other, the smuggler forum guidelines say "Discussion about the class story, companions, and other general Smuggler topics belong here. " so I will post it here and if a mod deems it a bad choice, I hope they can move it without too much difficulty or annoyance.

OH NO IT'S YOU! I saw your post and... I will never recover, but will accept our differences. Now... tell your man to stop following me!

Just give him to me, I'll take care of him. :D

I could do with about 10 Corso's to go along with my 10 Torians.

Edited by silvershadows

Aaah, looks like someone's GF rolled a smuggler! :rolleyes:

Sooo, as I already mentioned in our "lover's" corner - whatever they did about this guy he IS the most...lets call it popular. Tons of love and tons of hatred. And it's jus another proof.

Indifferent ones - HELLO (should be pronounced same way as Akaavi did it at her greeting), are you still with us? :D Make a thread, plz? :D Something like "I REALLY don't care about Corso Riggs", but don't forget to write posts so that we'd have a chance to belive that you REALLY DON'T. Though...if you don't really care -you don't make a thread or post, so, guess, that just won't work like that anyway....:o

I'd love to get some stats from our forum as soon as I finish the whole storyline and have some spare time. Just pure math and numbers. Class, name, number of mentionings in threads and\ or posts. It's just I need to work a bit on mechanics ant utilities part

ps: Video is cassified as "nothing special". Too poor to be neither loved nor hated.

You sir, win some Internets. An entertaining video. Corso will always occupy a special place in our hearts. Thanks for taking the time to compose this, and thanks for the share! Not many people actually take the time or effort to create stuff like this, and it's always fun to see.

And I think Rieh may be referring to the fact that your UI isn't hidden in some of the scenes you shot. It's just a little thing, but it makes a big difference. Overall, I think you did a good job framing and executing the shots.

Edited by Threid
Added a bit of clarification.

Haha, I love how on the front page of the smuggler forums are two threads about Love/Hate of Corso and my hate video. Good job creating him, Bioware, you created a strong response! Unlike Guss, who kind of just disappears from everyone's heads... (though I think he's hilarious!)

I used to hate Corso just cause he would use his stupid harpoon gun when I was trying to tank, even when you turned it off. I'm glad you ditched him for Bowdaar then Akaavi. In terms of his character I'm pretty indifferent, but I guess I didn't see that much of him since I'm a trooper :)

And good job on the song bro.

I'll take credit for the bad cinematography; it was my first time filming stuff and I learned a lot of little things as I went along. Some of the stuff needed to be filmed as Melyn though, and turning off the UI also turned off the chat box meaning no emotes.

Edited by wallywaffles

Good video in the respect that I agree with your point of view. Corso Riggs makes very little sense in all aspects: he is a good, wholesome country boy flying with a smuggler; he has an ability that brings enemies closer to your ranged class; he has some of the most annoying statements from a sidekick in any video game.

I'll take credit for the bad cinematography; it was my first time filming stuff and I learned a lot of little things as I went along. Some of the stuff needed to be filmed as Melyn though, and turning off the UI also turned off the chat box meaning no emotes.

I totally read your post without knowing it was you until you said "I'll take credit for the bad cinematography" and was like "WTH?" then I saw it was you... hehe. It turned out pretty darn good though, thanks bro.