The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How did he do it? Voidstar.

Fischer_King

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way this is an exploit. A poor design decision, maybe, but not an exploit.

An exploit is some action that a player does intentionally that the devs unintentionally allowed to happen.

• The devs intentionally left a gap in the security wall
  • The devs intentionally added ledges to this area that make each side closer to each other
  • The devs intentionally placed a speed boost on the "Defender" side of the gap to intentionally allow a player to use it to jump and clear the gap
  • The devs intentionally gave one class/mirror access to an on-demand speed boost

At what point in this scenario is the player taking advantage of any mechanism that was not intended by the devs? They clearly designed it so that the gap can be cleared and they clearly know that there are players that can clear it with or without further assistance.

When you have the ability to jump to your target, its working as intended to jump across the bridge. But this ability only works once one bridge has been released.

I have experimented with my Vanguard with charge and there is a barrier that protects you from jumping across to the doors prior to the bridge from being released.

That is why everyone knows not to get close to be targeted by your enemy just when the bridge has been released to have them jump toward you.

Simple fix.

Raise the platform on the defenders side. This allows one person of the defending team to jump the gap with a little more ease, and prevents attackers from jumping it with a speed boost since they'll slam into a wall due to it being raised.

Tada! And yes, I've abused this oversight on my Shadow.

another player exploiting as per usual thats all it shows.

and yes thats got to be fixed so you are unable to jump across lol

People like you have the same mentality as "Civilized Warfare" the red coats used to employ, "Here here old chap lets all march straight at the enemy and form a line, they shall do they same and we will make a jolly old time out of it."

Just because people use tactics and use their brain doesn't automatically make them an exploiter.

PvP is about using your abilities to your advantage...calling this an exploit is like saying every Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight exploit when they leap to an upper level in Huttball.

Simple fix.

Raise the platform on the defenders side. This allows one person of the defending team to jump the gap with a little more ease, and prevents attackers from jumping it with a speed boost since they'll slam into a wall due to it being raised.

Tada! And yes, I've abused this oversight on my Shadow.

It's already easy enough to defend against the bomb being planted, why give them a clear and marked advantage as well?