3 Specs 1 Vid

CrazyAl

i made a short pvp video

i play all 3 specs in the video, to give it a bit more flavor

its the first pvp video ive ever made, its the first video editing ive ever done, so im mainly looking for feedback as far as the editing of the video is concerned, this isnt a "look how awesome i am" video, its not a "marauders are OP" video, its simply a "you might find this entertaining" video

but im sure ill get plenty of comments on the content as well, so just fyi, all the footage was taken from a total of 15 WZ over a couple of quick pvp nights, so its may not be premium footage

lastly, you will notice that you dont see a score board, mini map, chat box, left/right quickslot bars etc ... i play in 3 screen eyefinity, so to make it easier to see in the proper format i just recorded whats on the center screen, so some stuff is missing

without further ado ...

so, what do you think? any tips for future videos?

Nice video. You're a beast with all 3 specs. As one would assume when having that gear. Please post all 3 specs you used =)

I am yet to try rage spec, but im tempted to try it one day soon. Level up with carnage and started my lvl 50 pvp career with it and i liked it, but fell in love with anni when i decided to give it a try.

Your video has tempted me to give carnage another go. But with ravage and choke currently bugged isnt it a pain sometimes for both carnage and rage?

As for the quality of the video it self:

I very much liked the less clutter on screen because of eyefinity(nvidia fanboy here=P)

I would like it more even without the raid frames on screen.

I liked the zooming in on interesting and good to know parts.

You seemed to want to try out several transitioning effects. Which is ok. I really liked the transition you did in a huttbal game where it kind of zoomed in on your char and then back out from him again to the new scene.

Personally i like to just pick one or two good transition effects and stick with them to keep things consistant.

The music you picked was ok. A matter of taste. I used to pick music most people really didnt like way back in WoW BC on my warlock. And when i get the time ill start doing the same here =P

Btw what program do u use to edit? I usually used a mix of Sony Vegas pro and windows movie maker.

Nice video. You're a beast with all 3 specs. As one would assume when having that gear. Please post all 3 specs you used =)

I am yet to try rage spec, but im tempted to try it one day soon. Level up with carnage and started my lvl 50 pvp career with it and i liked it, but fell in love with anni when i decided to give it a try.

Your video has tempted me to give carnage another go. But with ravage and choke currently bugged isnt it a pain sometimes for both carnage and rage?

specs:

Annihilation has been my main spec for a while now, and i was messin around with variations of it when i made this, the one i was using during it was 33/8/0

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRrcGzZuMM.1 - ferocity and phantom may have been switched, i cant remember, but the run speed when i hit predation in the video should indicate which it was

Carnage - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000cZuMrbddrorsZGb.1

Rage - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bZuMMZGbRbdbRdGR.1

as for the bugs, they are kinda like the ability delay issues, some people experience them quite a bit, others not so much, i very rarely see the bugs with those abilities, so they dont deter me at all from using carnage or rage specs when i want to

As for the quality of the video it self:

I very much liked the less clutter on screen because of eyefinity(nvidia fanboy here=P)

I would like it more even without the raid frames on screen.

I liked the zooming in on interesting and good to know parts.

You seemed to want to try out several transitioning effects. Which is ok. I really liked the transition you did in a huttbal game where it kind of zoomed in on your char and then back out from him again to the new scene.

Personally i like to just pick one or two good transition effects and stick with them to keep things consistant.

The music you picked was ok. A matter of taste. I used to pick music most people really didnt like way back in WoW BC on my warlock. And when i get the time ill start doing the same here =P

Btw what program do u use to edit? I usually used a mix of Sony Vegas pro and windows movie maker.

i used a free trial of CyberLink Power Director (incase you missed the title they added on the top of the vid for the first few seconds :))

its pretty good, did everything i thought i might possibly do and was pretty easy to pick up, (i edited the entire thing in about 6 hours last night)

the raid frames i just have there cause they are easy to see right next to my own unit frame, but for future video capture i can easily just move them off to the edge of the left screen

for the transition i really didnt know what i was goin for, ive never edited video before so i was just using random transitions with the intention of getting feed back on them later

personally i like the ones that have a smooth dissolve or fade effect, instead of the ones where the entire shots move over the previous ones with hard edges

and i was pretty limited in my music choice too, i edited the clips together, then found music to fit the length of each section, in the future if i gather more clips i can find shorter or longer clips to tailor the video to the song choice, also some of the ones i wanted couldnt be converted from the file type itunes uses, so i had even less options

ty for the feedback though :D

Stopped watching at 0:46. Why? First, tunnel vision, kill the tracer spamming merc while the ball carrier goes up mid ramp, bad. Use smash vs the same merc with ONLY him around, bad. Must be an Ilum glitch farmer.

i was recording for a pvp video, what fun is it to watch 4 guys beat on a ball carrier ...

as for the smash ... i hit the wrong button ... oh noes! call the noob police

Only watched the annihilation portion but it's nothing spectacular. You need work on your micro. I noticed about a half dozen times in the first couple minutes when you had excessive rage and you were wasting gcd's. Even more distressing because I never saw you use crippling throw. You also let annihilate stacks drop waaaay to often, that's priority 1 is keep that at 3. Obviously you cherry picked the fights for your video so I can't really comment on your use of defensive cd's.

I mean it's a max gear marauder you're going to kill stuff but it's these small things that make the difference between an average player and great one.

Edited by Pantheros

its like people dont read anymore, they just click on a link and post a comment

i know my play isnt that good, this is not supposed to be a video showcasing my uberleet pvp skillz, its footage from late night pug warzones, its not A+ play

im lookin for feedback on the video itself, should my titles be less plain? are the transitions alright? should the gameplay sound be louder/quieter? are the long sequences ok, or are shorter fights better?

Edited by CrazyAl

its like people dont read anymore, they just click on a link and post a comment

i know my play isnt that good, this is not supposed to be a video showcasing my uberleet pvp skillz, its footage from late night pug warzones, its not A+ play

im lookin for feedback on the video itself, should my titles be less plain? are the transitions alright? should the gameplay sound be louder/quieter? are the long sequences ok, or are shorter fights better?

I only skimmed, read the last line, "so, what do you think? any tips for future videos?" and posted.

That being said you should never turn down constructive criticism on your gameplay, it can only make you better.

I only skimmed, read the last line, "so, what do you think? any tips for future videos?" and posted.

That being said you should never turn down constructive criticism on your gameplay, it can only make you better.

perhaps not, but i already know the problems with my gameplay, which is why i didnt ask for gameplay help

but ty anyway

I love how everyone on these forums is a professional player in the mythical National MMO League. I have you player card, dude, could you sign it for me so I can put it right next to my autographed Steve Young jersey?

Edited by mrHaterade

nice vid

try throwing points in phantom next time you use anni, I think it's pretty strong

yea, i certainly use phantom in general, i may or may not have had it during the vid (i cant remember) because i was trying out some other stuff, but its definitely one that i get normally

How are you activating force jump? If I have an ability hotkeyed on a side bar but the side bar is hidden it won't let me activate that ability.

its not hidden, i just didnt record it

i use 3 monitors, i only recorded the center monitor to make it easier to see in the normal resolution

my side quickslot bars are on my side monitors (along with chat box, map, quest tracker, companion UI, etc)

Ur play in Carnage is terrible.

Its k u dunt liek two read.

Aside from the morons commenting on things you already stated didn't need to be spoken about. I liked the video. The eyefinity really helps showcase what's going in in the actual game without all the clutter. Do what the guy previously stated. Keep your transitions most consistent and smooth. Otherwise, not bad. Make sure to record your toon doing the /fistbump emote.