I quit the game, here is why

Darthwilcu

Sadly after beta testing since the end of July, leveling several characters to 15-48, and one to 50 I no longer enjoy playing this game.

I had early access and had joined a guild for launch. Immediately I had trouble with over population and long Que times. When I did get in, the over population created lag issues and the inability to level easy due to overpopulated areas.

So I switched to a lower population server and abandoned my guild. If at that time I could have received a refund I would have taken it, but I was committed and decided to make the best of it.

I leveled a character to 50 in the 1st month, I was not the first on my server, but I was there before most. Due to there not being enough 50's I decided to do another alt. I leveled him to 48 last week and stopped. I decided to play my 50 for a while and to see how the server had progressed. Well, after 5 hours of waiting for a war zone, and not being able to get a group for raiding I went back to my alt. It seems that the other 50's on the server had progressed to higher level content and that there were not enough "low" 50's to group with to grind for gear.

Not having the desire to go to a more populated realm and take another month to grind to 50 (yes after doing it a few times it is a grind) I have sadly decided to quit.

I am hopeful for the future that server transfers will be available, but without a definitive answer from Bioware (which I am not sure knows how to even set things up so character transfers are available) I am gone.

Contributing to this decision is the hackers, credit farmers, and exploiters that even appear on a low population server. Not so much that they exist, but that the reports to customer service about these things seem to go unanswered.

The overall feeling I get from playing the game and reading the forums, and my personal experiences with customer service is that Bioware is looking more at the return on investment and not how good a product they are offering.

I will likely be back when Bioware does some damage control, allows server transfers, and gives me a week free to check it out before I commit to another subscription.

Until than it is with sadness that I say good bye to something I had much higher expectations of.

Edited by Meluna

It's called constructive feedback, you should try it.

This is constructive: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=309285

A wall of text like the OP posted rarely is.

Maybe you should try to post something constructive.

Go the the above thread and post 5 Pros/Cons of the game if you haven't.

Think you can try to be a bit constructive?

:p

Edit:

Constructive (felt the need to use the word once more)

Edited by Azzras

Edit:

He wasnt contructive he was crying

Sadly after beta testing since the end of July, leveling several characters to 15-48, and one to 50 I no longer enjoy playing this game.

I had early access and had joined a guild for launch. Immediately I had trouble with over population and long Que times. When I did get in, the over population created lag issues and the inability to level easy due to overpopulated areas.

So I switched to a lower population server and abandoned my guild. If at that time I could have received a refund I would have taken it, but I was committed and decided to make the best of it.

I leveled a character to 50 in the 1st month, I was not the first on my server, but I was there before most. Due to there not being enough 50's I decided to do another alt. I leveled him to 48 last week and stopped. I decided to play my 50 for a while and to see how the server had progressed. Well, after 5 hours of waiting for a war zone, and not being able to get a group for raiding I went back to my alt. It seems that the other 50's on the server had progressed to higher level content and that there were not enough "low" 50's to group with to grind for gear.

Not having the desire to go to a more populated realm and take another month to grind to 50 (yes after doing it a few times it is a grind) I have sadly decided to quit.

I am hopeful for the future that server transfers will be available, but without a definitive answer from Bioware (which I am not sure knows how to even set things up so character transfers are available) I am gone.

Contributing to this decision is the hackers, credit farmers, and exploiters that even appear on a low population server. Not so much that they exist, but that the reports to customer service about these things seem to go unanswered.

The overall feeling I get from playing the game and reading the forums, and my personal experiences with customer service is that Bioware is looking more at the return on investment and not how good a product they are offering.

I will likely be back when Bioware does some damage control, allows server transfers, and gives me a week free to check it out before I commit to another subscription.

Until than it is with sadness that I say good bye to something I had much higher expectations of.

You know I posted a thread about this yesterday that was immediately closed down... but you're the first one I've seen fess up to complaining about overpopulation... moving to a lower pop server and now QQing because of the lower pop. The only suggestion I would make is maybe consider making an alt on higher pop'd server play it to 50 then when xfers are available you can move your other 50 (and 48) to the higher pop'd server :)

But yea as far as hacking, RMT and other exploits you'll never find an MMO without them. The devs have bigger things to worry about atm sadly.

Edit:

Of course it is ... you're not biased at all

You have no right to complain about a lower pop server when you fully admit you where on a higher server but moved because you didnt like the wait!

As another posted pointed out, add something constructive.

Give you a week free to see if you like the game, hope that never happens.

Anyway bye, wont miss you.

Of course it is ... you're not biased at all

While I wrote the original, I have in no way tried to persuade anyone about their Pros/Cons.

It is constructive.

ie: not an OMG I LOVE THIS GAME/HATE THIS GAME thread.

It asks to list 5 good things and 5 bad things about SWTOR.

Give it a try.

Make sure to check back to see if your account was magically given comp time. Massive numbers of folks that canceled their subscriptions after the first 30 days were given comp time. i.e. If the players are going to quit--give them comp time to activate their subscription during the period when subscriptions are counted for the investor relations department/cover EA's butt with the SEC.

i.e. TOR has 1.7 million active subscriptions. Only 500,000 of those actually paid for the extra time. The other 1.2million got comp time "due to outages".

Edited by Zhit

Make sure to check back to see if your account was magically given comp time. Massive numbers of folks that canceled their subscriptions after the first 30 days were given comp time. i.e. If the players are going to quit--give them comp time to activate their subscription during the period when subscriptions are counted for the investor relations department/cover EA's butt with the SEC.

i.e. TOR has 1.7 million active subscriptions. Only 500,000 of those actually paid for the extra time. The other 1.2million got comp time "due to outages".

This is worse than hearsay. You couldn't back these FALSE claims even if you tried.

/ignore

Can I have your stuffs?

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant subforum.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.