lvl 50 nub, thinking of cancelling sub

Aharaza

I prefer to fight , not to grind.

From 10 - 49 you learn your class vs other classes in warzones. That's plentiful of time to practice.

At lvl 30 you should get the feel of your character.

But then once you smack to 50, you are like naked again.

Having to accept being bashed like a dummy for as long as it will take for you to be able to withstand serious crits.

Grinding is boring as hell.

But if you enjoy it, good for you. You found your favorite game.

This, it's bad design and it needs to change. Leveling a second character now from WZ/Class Story only. I'm pretty much done if this char hits 50 and it's as bad as it is now. It's not that I couldn't be the meat in a grinder for a few weeks and gear up if I wanted to. It's just not fun at all, so why would I? Then I'll just be /facerolling new people w/out gear, and that's just as boring and unsatisfying as being /facerolled. I'd rather play one of the many other games out there if that's how it's going to be. Most of the matches at 50 are decided by /grinded time instead of skill. Only if RNG favors both teams getting equivalently geared players is there a competition. That's a huge downgrade in fun from the prior bracket.

tldr; Gear gaps in scenario based PvP are no fun. Thanks to bolster they are never huge enough to make the experience painful 10-49 (protip, a level 10 can do plenty of damage to a 49, he just has less talents/skills). PvE is about raid and "progressing" your character through phat loots. PvP should be about becoming a better player and progressing your GAMEPLAY through better teamwork and muscle memory.

If I can kill another level 50 player of my class by hitting the same skill over and over because I outgear them so badly, and they are using everything at their disposal... your PvP is badly broken. That's how it is today.

Edited by _Marou_

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People tend to play games for 'fun'. Dieing and not being able to kill anything in a warzones is not considered fun by sane people :>

Well you could always use that time to practice surviving/kiting and lure BM geared peoples away form objectives, as "nub" gear tends to attract them because theres text over your head where reads "free kill" :rolleyes:

PvP players alot of them like me dont do pve dailys.I hate pve content

to stay pvp competitive..I will unsub before i do that.

Well, go for it then. Every competent PVPer knows that in MMO games there are two worlds, PvP and PvE one and to squeeze most out of your character you need to get to the icing from both that cakes.

I was just thinking about it, and the same-server queues coupled with legacy names combine to make the fresh 50 experience even more horrible and unsatisfying.

Nothing highlights the gear gaps worse than being insta-gibbed by someone's BM main when you've killed their same legacy-name alts 50,000 times in the earlier bracket and you know they are a horrible player.

So here I ding 50, i've read all the drama on these boards thinking it can't be that bad.

I pvp'ed pre 50 to 40 valor, saved up on commendations to open 6 champ bags upon 50.

I opened the centurion and champ commendations that allowed me to buy 2 centurion items and 1 champ.

I did a couple of warzones and it's absolutely horrible. I die so fast and I hardly make a dent damage wise (i'm a vanguard running taugrims iron fist spec). Healers prevent me from killing anybody.So I travel to ilum... nobody is there and I resort to picking up 30 armanents for a daily, wow that was fun... driving circles in the center waiting for a chest to spawn.

I really liked the pvp game pre 50... but knowing how it'll end up has really dampened my spirits for this game. Sure I could roll a new char but eventually It'll jus head to the inevitable.

About the only thing keeping me in the game is thinking maybe that with some more pieces of pvp gear it'll make a big difference. I really don't want to be one of those cry babies that wines on boards that he'll cancel his sub. But god the pvp experience i'm having now just isn't fun. And I play games to have fun!

What I would do is spend 8 hours doing pve hard modes... obtain some pve purple gear, and start the warzone grind all over again...

Everyone that think's the PvP gear grind is fine at the moment needs to step back and realize the game is only 2 months old. Which means this PvP gear gap is going to get WORSE every single patch unless some fundamental changes are made.

So, what, 3 months from now fresh 50's still got 12-14k hps but geared 50's have 25-30k? And hit 2x as hard as they do now, which is already more than twice as hard as a fresh 50? Yeah, PvP gear grinding that keeps pace with raid content is real awesome. I don't care if you can close the gap in 2 weeks of 4-6 hours/day. It's no fun at all and it just causes people to cancel the game. A limited form of bolstering applied to 50 WZ's would go a long way towards making them accessible and more importantly *ENJOYABLE* to fresh level 50 players.

Edited by _Marou_

i am not even sure being geared is a fix...

The problem i see past the horrible mechanics and class matchup is for the most part the warzones in this game are not pvp..

Even being geared@50 the quality of 10-49 pvp was better.

I can only speak for my server but the quality of play and pvp in these "warzones" is pretty awful. The only way this stuff is tolerable is if you run in a BM premade.

Not trying to complain but i am just curious what the fanbois think is so great about warzones in tor? I could play the other instanced pvp in past games for hours and enjoy it. I dread trying to do my dailies in tor :(

what people think that they will ding lvl 50? That they will own warzones? Get real. Leave if you dont like it but me and my friends got over it and we have gear now and ofc some skill by the time we pvped.

They think that PvP is a competition between players and not players' gear. They want to fight people, not try to fight someone who is hiding behind his expertise score.

To the OP: look at what you can do to contribute without the expertise gear. Guard the team healer or a heavy duty dpser (most people don't think of it, but a commando that never dies sucks almost as much as a healer that never dies lol). When you attack someone, find the person with the weakest health bar and hit them so what little damage you're doing matters. And finally, tough it out until you get centurion and suddenly you're awesome because you developed the skills needed to survive against people with expertise when you had none. A lot of the people who will ***** about you being weak because you don't want to get rolled for lack of gear will suddenly be ************ because you're rolling them.

Note....

If you play less than 5-6 hours a day this game isnt for you it seems.

I do not put in 5 to 6 hours a day. Now I have cancelled my sub but it has nothing to do with that. It is how broken and boring the PVP is.

When I first watched the videos the PVP looked awesome. Player vs Player in a real fight to the death. No quick 3 shotting. Every kill was worked for. That really isn't the case now. Some of it is the 3rd party hacks that have ruined the game but the rest is the let down that the PVP actually is. It is no longer skill vs skill like I thought it would be. It is gear vs gear. The better your gear the less your skill matters. Find the weak targets and just focus on them all the time.

What a *********** joke!

The joke is that in an mmo people aren't willing to invest time into gear progression.

The end-game of every single mmo in history is about gear progression. If you want an arcade game where "everyone is on equal footing"then go play street fighter. On second thought that game is probably way to hard for the whiners. Go play mario cart.

Edited by LiveandDieinLA

Ive seen very suspicious behavior, but I can not conclude it is what you say. But honestly..... I cant really say I care and I dont understand why they do it if they do it, as it is so easy mode it must be boring.

Its no matter the game designers responsibility when X % of players quit. Its how it is.... This game and the next. They will never learn that fun is not about gear or grind but good laughs and equal play.

I've just hit 50 a week ago - i now have full centurion except bracer and a relic (im using a datacron relic so no great loss there) and my main hand is crappy orange with 46 or so mods but im 4 champ bags (so 2 days) away from champion main hand and off hand.

All i've done is the dailies for 5 days each taking about ... 3 hours.

Battlemasters still kill me but not easily or quickly. It really wasn't that bad a 'grind'.

(Yes the initial experience upon hitting 50 was miserable but a bit of gear goes a LONG way).

So here I ding 50, i've read all the drama on these boards thinking it can't be that bad.

I pvp'ed pre 50 to 40 valor, saved up on commendations to open 6 champ bags upon 50.

I opened the centurion and champ commendations that allowed me to buy 2 centurion items and 1 champ.

I did a couple of warzones and it's absolutely horrible. I die so fast and I hardly make a dent damage wise (i'm a vanguard running taugrims iron fist spec). Healers prevent me from killing anybody.So I travel to ilum... nobody is there and I resort to picking up 30 armanents for a daily, wow that was fun... driving circles in the center waiting for a chest to spawn.

I really liked the pvp game pre 50... but knowing how it'll end up has really dampened my spirits for this game. Sure I could roll a new char but eventually It'll jus head to the inevitable.

About the only thing keeping me in the game is thinking maybe that with some more pieces of pvp gear it'll make a big difference. I really don't want to be one of those cry babies that wines on boards that he'll cancel his sub. But god the pvp experience i'm having now just isn't fun. And I play games to have fun!

Welcome to the genre MMO. Your first MMO, right? Otherwise you would know how it works.

I'm also on the re-roll a new toon at 50 path. While I understand the "it just takes time to compete with better geared players" route. Pvp is unbearable at 50. I log onto a 50, run around the WZ watching myself do no damage, and get kiled in like 3 or 4 shots from some guy I used to own before he got geared. I havent been able to make it through a complete WZ in about 4 weeks on my 50. It just makes me want to turn the game off.

All i see are alot of people defending their gear scores on here because they were either lucky with bags in the old system/exploited Illum/or somehow managed to bear the intolerable grind to get enough gear to make 50 pvp interesting. What's worse, is that alot of these people are the same people sitting at home feeling proud of themselves because they just own players in WZ's. Guys with no skill awarded wins and recognition not because of their ability, but because they can play 5-10hrs a day and bear that insufferable grind. I don't want to play a game that feels like my job, and thats what gearing up in wz's feel like.

I get that we all need to have our epeens stroked, but wouldnt you rather have it stroked because your actually good at what you do? But, this is a moot point, because no amount of qq is going to change opinions or ideas from the other side of the fence.

To the people that are re-rolling when they hit 50...If you like the class your playing and you don't want to ding 50 and have to re-roll, just stop doing any quests and make sure to leave the WZ right before it finishes. You can then stay in a skill based bracket indefinately :-)

The PvP as a fresh 50 is tougher but it is not that bad honestly. As a new 50 I found myself to be competitive more often than not. If they did faceroll me and my group it was because a premade was better organized than my solo queue pug group, not gear. If you are getting rolled that badly something is wrong, but it is not on the game side.

The PvP as a fresh 50 is tougher but it is not that bad honestly. As a new 50 I found myself to be competitive more often than not. If they did faceroll me and my group it was because a premade was better organized than my solo queue pug group, not gear. If you are getting rolled that badly something is wrong, but it is not on the game side.

I'm also on the re-roll a new toon at 50 path. While I understand the "it just takes time to compete with better geared players" route. Pvp is unbearable at 50. I log onto a 50, run around the WZ watching myself do no damage, and get kiled in like 3 or 4 shots from some guy I used to own before he got geared. I havent been able to make it through a complete WZ in about 4 weeks on my 50. It just makes me want to turn the game off.

All i see are alot of people defending their gear scores on here because they were either lucky with bags in the old system/exploited Illum/or somehow managed to bear the intolerable grind to get enough gear to make 50 pvp interesting. What's worse, is that alot of these people are the same people sitting at home feeling proud of themselves because they just own players in WZ's. Guys with no skill awarded wins and recognition not because of their ability, but because they can play 5-10hrs a day and bear that insufferable grind. I don't want to play a game that feels like my job, and thats what gearing up in wz's feel like.

I get that we all need to have our epeens stroked, but wouldnt you rather have it stroked because your actually good at what you do? But, this is a moot point, because no amount of qq is going to change opinions or ideas from the other side of the fence.

To the people that are re-rolling when they hit 50...If you like the class your playing and you don't want to ding 50 and have to re-roll, just stop doing any quests and make sure to leave the WZ right before it finishes. You can then stay in a skill based bracket indefinately :-)

LOL cry me a river. I have a 50 and a couple of 45 chars in full purple gear. I'm doing exactly what you are saying. Just leaving. Guess what? Does it take skill to kill 3-4 players at 10-49 just because I have gear and better talents? Who knows. I don't care. I just created these alts to kill people at these brackets. I'm not going to level a marauder as my main at 50. This alt is just to massacre people at 10-49. Seriously, the difference between fully purple geared chars at 49 against level 10 is a lot bigger than battlemaster vs fresh 50s.

Suck it up and gear up. Stop making excuses. There's a big gap at 10-49 also. It is the same at 50. Stop fooling yourself that 10-49 is an even playing field. Do you think a level 10 marauder with only viscious slash can put a dent on my 45 marauder with force choke, 100% armor pen, extra energy procs, 99% dmg reduction, and 90% miss chance ability? That level 10 will die before he knows what hits him.

To be honest all that is required is some sort of rudimentary ranking system that would ensure, that people who lost 10 games in a row are grouped with other people who lost 10 games in a row......and people who join as a group take the ranking of the best player in the group. That would give solo queuers a slight advantage and also reduce the chances of a completely one sided match. I don't think the system needs to even be that sophisticated something as simple as win loss ratio would at least offer some improvement on the current state of affairs......

the only downside would be slightly longer queues on less populated servers......