I really wish Jaesa was a Sorc healer

Lynchpin-Redux

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I could justify using that little naughty hottie over Quinn 100% of the time :(

In beta they talked about purchasble kits that would allow any of your companions to tank, heal or dps so you could choose the one you really wanted to play with.

Really hope they bring that back :<

Holy crap, that's a fantastic idea. Some companions are just flat out annoying but certain AC's and specs get forced into using specific comps. Personally I dislike Quinn greatly and would rather use Jaesa or Vette all the time. Unfortunately having a healer as a veng jugg makes leveling soooo much easier.

I'm running around with her even as a marauder but yeah, being able to switch roles of our companions would be a feature full of awesome.

Not to mention that it's stupid that of all classes, SITH WARRIOR gets TWO TANK COMPANIONS while being left with ONLY ONE HEALER who turns out to be a massive douche.

+1

Edited by gibmachine

I hate quinn, however I have found him to be a more reliable companion purely based on the fact that he heals you...but man I would much rather prefer to use one of my other companions.

Just use Jaesa and get used to using her and you will not touch quinn again

So I could justify using that little naughty hottie over Quinn 100% of the time :(

In beta they talked about purchasble kits that would allow any of your companions to tank, heal or dps so you could choose the one you really wanted to play with.

Agreed! I hate feeling obligated to always use Quinn simply because he can heal, and as a Juggernaut, I find a healer companion is far more useful than another DPS or tank companion.

/signed !!!!

OMG signed. I have no clue why they had to give so many SC's a SINGLE healing companion...and make them all guys. At least my consular gets one that's mildly tolerable (funny guy...but his fascination with that AI girl is a bit weird). Quinn is simply a dork. and irritating...but in spite of his irritations, dealing with the downtime of using a DPS build and Vette is more irritating for me. My character comes first, no matter how cool vette...i mean...a sidekick is.

I may relevel a jugg just to push through it with vette, she's so cool. but that idea (choosing healer/dps/whatever) would be awesome. perhaps give us a choicebox for skill sets (sort of like choosing your spec/respeccing). like Vette could be either her normal ranged DPS, or switch her over (respec cost of course) to a smuggler-type healer

I'm running around with her even as a marauder but yeah, being able to switch roles of our companions would be a feature full of awesome.

Not to mention that it's stupid that of all classes, SITH WARRIOR gets TWO TANK COMPANIONS while being left with ONLY ONE HEALER who turns out to be a massive douche.

+1

All classes have 2 tank companions and 1 healer companions. Why should the Sith Warrior be different again?

I leveled my Jedi Sentinel 1-50 without ever using my healing companion. I solo'd every single class quest and only ran into a couple fights that I had to retry.

Use the companion you want to use. If you like a companion that doesn't exactly mesh well with your AC/spec, leveling "hard mode" will make you a better player.

EDIT: I used Kira for the majority of the game, btw. She is essentially the same as Jaesa as far as combat mechanics go.

Edited by EvilCoatrack

+1

Though, our tanks are the most bada*s.

Pierce with his Captain Price voice and accent.... heheh. I see what you did there, BioWare.

Edited by GhostDrone

All classes have 2 tank companions and 1 healer companions. Why should the Sith Warrior be different again?

They do? Color me misinformed then.

However it still makes little sense. If anything, classe that can't have tank AC should have bigger number of tank companions while those that do have tank AC should have more healers. More natural this way.

This was in beta but it actually sucked because the healer / dps / tank kits didn't give you many options unlike the fixed skill bars comps get now.

It was a good idea but poorly implemented. I think they want you to experience all the comps content thereby using each for their individual strengths when the occasion demands it. I think the fear was that each player would pick a favorite comp, switch out their abilites whenever they felt like it and leave the other ones on the ship to rot, thereby missing out on their dialogue/stories.

If you are running a dps warrior (MArauder or Jugg) I would heartily recommend Quinn over Jaesa as when you gear him up, you effectively become immortal. I am a dps Jugg and I went from carefully planning encounters with 1 lvl 50 gold with Jaesa to steamrolling into 3 elites at a time with Quinn. He has an epic CC which Jaesa just can't compete with.

Edited by JamieM

quinn is a douche and i refuse to use him even if he is the only healer. there definitely needs to be some sort of customization with the companions, i would like to see jaesa as a sorc that can heal or vette as a healer. the most important thing is options though, since everyone likes different companions. with no options you will never get more than a small percentage of players that actually like the companion set up that we are forced into. obviously people have favorites and most companions will rot on the ship but so what? there is no value in using all your companions unless you just plain enjoy it. Edited by Morgond

I think the fear was that each player would pick a favorite comp, switch out their abilites whenever they felt like it and leave the other ones on the ship to rot, thereby missing out on their dialogue/stories.

Frankly it's already happening. Those that care about the stories simply spam gifts but never take actual companions out, save for one. And it's flawed because instead of running around with companion we like, we often run around with companion that's most useful regardless of how we feel about him / her. And in this case, vast majority of SW players feel nothing but hatred towards Quinn.

So if leaving 4 companions on the ship forever is the case already then why not make it more functional?

Frankly it's already happening. Those that care about the stories simply spam gifts but never take actual companions out, save for one. And it's flawed because instead of running around with companion we like, we often run around with companion that's most useful regardless of how we feel about him / her. And in this case, vast majority of SW players feel nothing but hatred towards Quinn.

So if leaving 4 companions on the ship forever is the case already then why not make it more functional?

I did this too. I used Quinn the entire time, unless I felt masochistic and used Jaesa or Vette for a bit. I've been 50 for like 3-4 weeks now and have never used Pierce/Broonmark for combat. I just threw random gear and companion gifts their way because I could.

Currently am throwing companion gifts to everyone to raise affection and get the stories...

Jaesa should be a SS Healer, Broonmark should be turned Melee DPS.

Sith Warrior has no need of 2 Tanks and healing is the one thing they cannot do themselves, therefore they need more Healers.

Kira (JSw MDPS > JSg Healer) and Scourge (MTANK > MDPS) should change to match on the Jedi Knight side too.

Melee Tank is the more worthless Tank to us as they get caught in AOE's aim for us and we get caught in AOE's aimed for them. It's better to have companions and player at different ranges.

IA can't Tank, but they have 2 to compensate. BH and SI can cover all 3 roles.

I agree with this whole-heartedy. they may have "wanted" us to try out all the companions (which I am keen with anyways), but I think overall they shot themselves in the foot. because certain AC specs function better with certain companions, you end up with people using that specific companion over the others, even when they wanted to try out the other ones as well..

In all honesty, Bio did an amazing job on these stories. i want to experience them all, and I am even leveling a second Jugg to try out the others. And I've ran with vette, both in Immortal spec and Vengance (no focus yet guys, but im sure it would have similar survivability results as Veng in PvE). and there's not reason you should have to make quality of play choices just to have one companion over the other. if the attraction is the companion personality and the storyline (as it should be), then the best thing Bio could do is eliminate the motivation to take one over the other, which in this case is very much there.

read any of the forums. most the DPS classes will end up taking a tank companion or a healing companion. I don't care how cool you think you are because you toughed it out with a companion that was harder. I think thats great. but companion choice shouldn't rely on that. because at that point, were losing track of the character itself, which really should be the focus of the storyline, not the side support. If your adjusting your spec to suit your companion, then its not about you any more.

If We simply had an additional spec option with each companion for each class, then it would be much easier to try them all

We should be able to choose because we like the plot development with that companion, not because of spec design limitations

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.