Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

This was done at 2am EST, it's funny, outside of a couple hour window, the servers really appear to be empty. There were only 5~ heavy servers at 6pm EST on Saturday night, yeah they fill towards 10pm but they are basically empty outside of these windows. Not a good sign. Merge the freaking servers and you'll stop having people complain.

If you want to make a point then just make it, don't lie and make stuff up. Might be good enough for trolls who just jump on the bandwagon but for people who actually know what they are talking about you just look foolish.

Fact is, if you look at server status at ALL times, its not even close to being as grim as some make it out to be. If you do that you will see that during peak times there are in fact more Standard and above servers then there are Light servers.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what world do you expect a solid population at 1:30 in the morning?

TLDR: Yes.

At 1:30 am EST with PST still at 10:30pm the servers should be more active. This is NA on a weekend night, no reason why people shouldn't be on. Not saying every server should be full but there were hardly anyone on around 6pm EST on Saturday afternoon. Previous games I've played had more server activity. Now if we compressed the servers we would avoid these problems

If you want to make a point then just make it, don't lie and make stuff up. Might be good enough for trolls who just jump on the bandwagon but for people who actually know what they are talking about you just look foolish.

Fact is, if you look at server status at ALL times, its not even close to being as grim as some make it out to be. If you do that you will see that during peak times there are in fact more Standard and above servers then there are Light servers.

No one is crying doom on the game as a whole. What this thread is about is that some servers have population issues and it's ruining the game for some of us. This is a fact.

Huh? Outside of 'prime time' which is used inncorrectly on these boards but that is another story, there isn't a lot of server activity. You can't make this stuff up. If you compressed the servers, activity goes up, then subs will remain solid. This is win/win.

Edited by Touchbass

It's a truism that some servers are hitting really hard right now with no relief in site. Now we can have quixotic beliefs that we can't make correct inferences since we are missing the 'hard data', but that is far from the case. We have emperical evidence from many servers screenshots showing very little to non existant populations. The photo's are time stamped and anyone can go on those said servers to see if people are 'doctoring' them.

And again, it absolutely IS far from the case. The only inference we can make, once again, is that people aren't playing as much.....which is standard for MMO's between content patches. The other problem with our empirical evidence, is that it's generally a pic of 1 out of nearly 70 zones.

No one is crying doom on the game as a whole. What this thread is about is that some servers have population issues and it's ruining the game for some of us. This is a fact.

I agree. SOME servers have a low pop. Every MMO I have played has always had a few servers that had a low pop for one reason or another. What I am arguing against is this notion that every server is low pop. If we use the same server status that some use to say the game is dying and we be fair and honest about it, you'll see that yes SOME servers are lower pop, with the majority of the servers standard or above. You have to take the average, not just look at 1am and say "omg the game has failed". The average ie the sum of ALL times.

And again, it absolutely IS far from the case. The only inference we can make, once again, is that people aren't playing as much.....which is standard for MMO's between content patches. The other problem with our empirical evidence, is that it's generally a pic of 1 out of nearly 70 zones.

No we can make 2 keys inferences. #1 the game isn't growing at all. People playing less this soon after a release when the game is heavily reliant on people playing alts isn't a good thing. #2 Some servers are ghost towns, again this is shown through emperical evidence.

I agree. SOME servers have a low pop. Every MMO I have played has always had a few servers that had a low pop for one reason or another. What I am arguing against is this notion that every server is low pop. If we use the same server status that some use to say the game is dying and we be fair and honest about it, you'll see that yes SOME servers are lower pop, with the majority of the servers standard or above. You have to take the average, not just look at 1am and say "omg the game has failed". The average ie the sum of ALL times.

Nice try there. There are more lights servers then there are heavy+ servers. Stop lying, your hurting the game. Just realize there is a decent population but it's spread too thin and that is killing the community on a lot of servers. MMORPGs are suppose to be backed from 7 PST - 11 PST (which is 1am EST) on a weekend. This game is not. Fix the servers with mergers and everyone wins.

You clearly haven't been reading this thread very much if you think that. Quite a few people are crying doom and gloom on the game as a whole.

Yes, some servers have population issues. The problem is that it's an issue that takes time to resolve.

No we can make 2 keys inferences. #1 the game isn't growing at all. People playing less this soon after a release when the game is heavily reliant on people playing alts isn't a good thing. #2 Some servers are ghost towns, again this is shown through emperical evidence.

No, you can't. You can't say the game isn't growing, just like you can't say subs are massively declining. Because we have no way of knowing. And when the "empirical evidence" you have provided is an observation at 2 in the morning, it's hardly evidence of anything. Yes, there are some light servers. This isn't new to the genre. Even with the "successful" games.

Nice try there. There are more lights servers then there are heavy+ servers. Stop lying, your hurting the game. Just realize there is a decent population but it's spread too thin and that is killing the community on a lot of servers. MMORPGs are suppose to be backed from 7 PST - 11 PST (which is 1am EST) on a weekend. This game is not. Fix the servers with mergers and everyone wins.

Wait...so you highlight fair and honest, then highlight "standard or above", and base your arguement on the point that there are more low pop servers than there are very heavy. And then attempt to claim he's the one who's lying and being disingenuous?

That's just...wow.

No, you can't. You can't say the game isn't growing, just like you can't say subs are massively declining. Because we have no way of knowing. And when the "empirical evidence" you have provided is an observation at 2 in the morning, it's hardly evidence of anything. Yes, there are some light servers. This isn't new to the genre. Even with the "successful" games.

Yes I can. Don't put words in my mouth, I am not saying its massive declining but i am saying with 100% certainty that the game isn't growing. Bioware would of announced the 2 million sub milestone, especially with a asian launch. These are facts, sorry if it's not comforting.

Wait...so you highlight fair and honest, then highlight "standard or above", and base your arguement on the point that there are more low pop servers than there are very heavy. And then attempt to claim he's the one who's lying and being disingenuous?

That's just...wow.

There are more light servers then there are very heavy servers. Facts. Stop being a biodrone.

There are more light servers then there are very heavy servers. Facts. Stop being a biodrone.

Re-read what you quoted and what you highlighted....

"There are more Standard and above then there are light"

Again, make your point, do it honestly, not make stuff up and start to strawman.

Yes I can. Don't put words in my mouth, I am not saying its massive declining but i am saying with 100% certainty that the game isn't growing. Bioware would of announced the 2 million sub milestone, especially with a asian launch. These are facts, sorry if it's not comforting.

Companies usually wait till the end of the quarter to release numbers on their sales, good or bad.

Unless its a big milestone like selling the selling of 2 million copy's(already happened btw), don't expect to see anything else anytime soon.

Re-read what you quoted and what you highlighted....

"There are more Standard and above then there are light"

Again, make your point, do it honestly, not make stuff up and start to strawman.

No, you tried coupling heavy servers with your analysis of what the majority of servers to decieve. The majority of the servers are light and standard. See how biased that sounds? The majority of servers are standard. There are a few heavy and very ones with a bunch of lights one sprinked about. You don't even understand what a Straw man is ...

Companies usually wait till the end of the quarter to release numbers on their sales, good or bad.

Unless its a big milestone like selling the selling of 2 million copy's(already happened btw), don't expect to see anything else anytime soon.

You don't think Bioware would announce it hit 2 million active subs? Look up the posts Bioware has made, it announced every accomplishment the game has made. "14 million characters, our players play 4-6 hours a day .. yadda yah " You think they are waiting to tell us that the game is doing well?

Alright I'm done. Believe what you want but it does not change reality. Servers need to be merged so the game can get back on course. If you don't believe my notion of it then I don't know what to tell you. I'm done with the game till these things are fixed, I hope for your sakes that Bioware addressed these issues. This is suppose to be a win/win conversation but Biodrones defend to the bitter end that there are no serious problems ... just like AoC and WAR. Edited by Touchbass

You don't think Bioware would announce it hit 2 million active subs? Look up the posts Bioware has made, it announced every accomplishment the game has made. "14 million characters, our players play 4-6 hours a day .. yadda yah " You think they are waiting to tell us that the game is doing well?

Me thinks your blind, or lack the ability to google something.

http://torwars.com/2012/02/02/two-million-copies-of-swtor-sold-1-7-million-subscriptions/

Things of note:

-Feb 1st is a quarterly mark, expect more number in about two months

-1.7 million is close enough to warrant not caring to announce 2million subs

-300,000 people where smarter then you for not resubing after their free month.

Edited by BlackZoback

Me thinks your blind, or lack the ability to google something.

http://torwars.com/2012/02/02/two-million-copies-of-swtor-sold-1-7-million-subscriptions/

Things of note:

-Feb 1st is a quarterly mark, expect more number in about two months

-1.7 million is close enough to warrant not caring to announce 2million subs

-300,000 people where smarter then you for not resubing after their free month.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Honestly bro to hear that really made my shift at work. You know nothing John Snow

Edited by Touchbass

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Honestly bro to hear that really made my shift at work. You know nothing John Snow

Maybe you missed that part where they don't release numbers until the end of the quarter.

And even if they did announce the 2million mark, people like you would say "whoopdy do you gained 300k subs in X amount of time, your game still sux."

As a player from the server Senator Constipex, I can clearly say that our server is a DEAD server. At peak hours the imperial fleet population maxes at 30. Yes 30, this is horrific, there is no opportunity to group with other players or do warzones. The wait for warzones are half an hour and when we finally go in it gets closed due to lack of players. Hopefully Bioware will find a solution Very soon.

As a player from the server Senator Constipex, I can clearly say that our server is a DEAD server. At peak hours the imperial fleet population maxes at 30. Yes 30, this is horrific, there is no opportunity to group with other players or do warzones. The wait for warzones are half an hour and when we finally go in it gets closed due to lack of players. Hopefully Bioware will find a solution Very soon.

Transfers are coming. If you look here: http://www.swtor.com/server-status and sort by population you'll see your server is one of few light ones. So can either re-roll to a high pop server or hang in there until server xfers become available.

Edited by Pangscar

Just using the limited activity tags of LIGHT to FULL.....

As recently as this last Friday, and Saturday, prime time:

FACT: the number of LIGHT servers at prime time US is declining. For the past month or more there were over two dozen. This week less then 12.

FACT: we are once again seeing FULL servers at prime time, and more VERY HEAVY and HEAVY as well.

Edited by Andryah