Kicking Someone Out. . .

FourTwent

No it isn't. Would you bring someone in level 40 items to a hardmode? Nope. Wearing trash gear to PvP is no different then if you brought trash gear to a hardmode, you're not going to do any damage or healing and you're useless. You simply lack the stats.

Why should the entire team suffer because someone didn't want to even try to carry their own weight?

Dude. It's a random queue. It's open to everyone. Your analogy fails. If the intention was to exclude people who didn't match a certain standard, it would be designed so that we would be required to have a certain gear level to qualify for a queue.

At any rate, we don't really know what is going to happen, so there's no sense arguing about it.

Edited by belialle

clearly you guys have super mad secret reading skills to have read between the lines and now have a complete understanding of how the afk kick feature will be implemented without any text at all even hinting at it. /bow :rolleyes:

You're right. They have such a wonderful track record for implementing things in a truly innovative fashion to this point. I'm sure they'll spend the 5 minutes thinking about how it can be abused and come up with a truly jaw-dropping solution.

Copy/paste from FPS kick system.

Who cares if a person is in combat or not? I can go into combat against someone AFKing/Botting.

Just because you're not capable understanding how to write code, doesn't mean the devs can just magically make a perfect system.

I never called the devs idiots anyway. Writing code for a game this massive is hard, thinking anything otherwise is idiotic.

Is my post complaining? Do you think a legit debate is arguing or complaining? I'm just bringing up points and discussing the benefits and consequences. Who knows, maybe the system will be uber magical and everything works out perfect.

I'm just curious to see how this will be implemented.

You're right, tightening up the AFK timer inside a warzone and autokicking someone for it is just too GD hard in a game this size.

hmm, lemme see... they could 1) check to see if someone is in combat (or warn them they have 30 seconds to get into combat),

Lol what? So if am guarding the gun\door i must each 30 seconds leave my post and seek a fight that I dont need at all?

Great idea, mate!

Edited by Gelious

No it isn't. Would you bring someone in level 40 items to a hardmode? Nope. Wearing trash gear to PvP is no different then if you brought trash gear to a hardmode, you're not going to do any damage or healing and you're useless. You simply lack the stats.

Why should the entire team suffer because someone didn't want to even try to carry their own weight?

Until you pay for their monthly payments, they have every right to choose to Q for WZs whenever they want.

Fresh 50s can't help it that they aren't in all epics. There's nothing that says "Save up 1000/1000 comms with 1 champ bag before hitting 50!" in the game, so many might not have the foresight to do that. Even if they did, that's still only 6 bags and not enough to epic them all out.

If you don't want to play with lowbies or crappy geared players, do premades. When the rated WZs come out, BW will have 8 man ops.

So.. voting to kick someone based on crappy gear is wrong? I hate to say it but if I see a person using mostly green gear in a warzone I'd vote them out in an instant.

I dont care how good they think they are, they will just get pounded into the ground by the first idiot spamming tracer missile or grav round.

Speaking with some experience here, played as a 50 jugg and 50 op(Both of which are around rank 70, omg I pvp to much). When I see a person with 10k hp entering a warzone, I know its a wasted slot.

This would be an example of the type of abuse that could seen. Everyone starts out at 50 with crap gear. Maybe not all green but if they are a very casual player so be it.

However, can also see friends of someone voting a kick to let one of their friends have a chance to get in late or whatnot. But the start to the fix for people leaving is an ok start. Better to let people leave tho in my opinion then laying down a penalty since that will just make em stay in warzone and running around avoiding everyone and everything taking up space from someone that atleast tries. And to the above poster... would rather have this person (in all green gear) trying and dying then the useless wastes of oxygen that fill the warzones now, Just sayin

vote kicking is a griefing instrument, its ****** design. it will only cause griefers to use t to get people out of a WZ just because they dont like em.

Better design would be a timer encoded into the wz file strings that keeps track of how long a char has been immobile, if it reaches 1 min for example you are auto kicked. thus not allowing for griefing mechanics yet making sure that only participating players stay.

They may instigate something like (no action performed within 60 seconds) debuff before allowing a player to be voted on.

I'd like that idea. If the server detects X person has been completely idle(you can move around when guarding a node) for Y seconds then a voting box would pop up for all players on the team.

So.. voting to kick someone based on crappy gear is wrong? I hate to say it but if I see a person using mostly green gear in a warzone I'd vote them out in an instant.

I dont care how good they think they are, they will just get pounded into the ground by the first idiot spamming tracer missile or grav round.

Speaking with some experience here, played as a 50 jugg and 50 op(Both of which are around rank 70, omg I pvp to much). When I see a person with 10k hp entering a warzone, I know its a wasted slot.

Haha I was just thinking this last night. I always look at my team members to guess the outcome. I never leave though! Seen a dude with 11.2k and inspected his gear. Yeah it was mostly green. I was thinking *** is this guy doing in a WZ right now. He should be getting decent gear instead. It is not very hard at all to gear yourself up decently as soon as you hit 50. Not at all

Also I ran a HM Esseles last night and invited a Tank in that had 13k HP's I was like thats not gonna work man, he said yeah ive done it before. So I gave it a shot and of course first boss he dropped like a sack of potatoes. He did regular mode and just hit 50.

I dont mind giving guys a shot but at least prepare your character for what your going to do. For the love of God it is not that hard. No reason whatsoever you should use green gear at 50.

It certainly does mean they are a waste of space. If I drop a sorc in 4 hits when they have bubble up they are helping no-one but the other team. What they did wrong was not gear up to a respectable degree before joining the warzone.

It'd be like that same guy expecting to go on a hard mode eternity vault raid with green gear. They'd laugh his *** out.

With 1.2 people will HAVE to run Randoms or Ranked WZ for the Comms they need to get gear, your vote kicking makes it so that they can't run the WZ they need because they get kicked out every time their Deserter Debuff finally wears off. Your not helping them gear up, your making it more certain that they leave the game because they are getting kicked for not having the gear they can't get BECAUSE they are getting kicked.

But like the other guy said, with Ranked WZ's they will probably be increasing 4-man to 8-man premades, so you won't have to worry about the guy who is trying to gear up.

This is exactly what the voting is not about you idiot. It's meant for abusive spammers or afkers not voting of someone who's trying to get gear. If that's the case then everyone who turn 50 should automatically be geared with Centurion gear. At any time, any game, both sides have equal chances of getting an under geared teammate or an unskillful player. They should not be punished for trying to level up their valor or complete their dailys/weeklys. In WZ games, you will always have undergear players, players who are bad skillwise, players who go for kills/dmg over objectives and that's acceptable. Voting should only for those who are not willing to participate to give their team a chance to win by going afk or trolling.

This is exactly what the voting is not about you idiot. It's meant for abusive spammers or afkers not voting of someone who's trying to get gear. If that's the case then everyone who turn 50 should automatically be geared with Centurion gear. At any time, any game, both sides have equal chances of getting an under geared teammate or an unskillful player. They should not be punished for trying to level up their valor or complete their dailys/weeklys. In WZ games, you will always have undergear players, players who are bad skillwise, players who go for kills/dmg over objectives and that's acceptable. Voting should only for those who are not willing to participate to give their team a chance to win by going afk or trolling.

Idiot, I am not assuming that they are in fully geared cent. I am assuming that they at least ran a decent amount of pve content to get orange/blue armor that is equivalent to their the level.

What I do not like is some bozo, rushing to level 50, using level 40 greens and thinking pvp is an easy way to gear up. It might be easy for him, but its hell for his teammates.

well i for one will watch, who is getting voted on. Also i hope the folks who abused the afk/quit all this time get griefed.

NTM, people who want to kick lesser geared folks from WZ are a huge minority, although I know birds of a feather tend to doosh together, I am sure it will be a rarity.

Edited by Cebby