DPS classES SHOULD NOT HAVE HEALS!!

Labradoraki

Marauders/sentinels are the best classes against healers or dps/healers. There's no way you will lose 1v1 as marauder/sentinel against any class, unless you meet someone who is a lot better than you and/or have much better gear. With my centurion sentinel i beat battlemaster sorcs, mercs or operatives without much trouble (unless the operative is dps, skilles, and hits me from stealth).

Stop whining if you play marauder or sentinel, just practise more. If anything we should be nerfed, not buffed.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical QQ thread but in reality if they were to listen to you and take heals away from people not full on heals then give those classes interupts in place of the heals ie. mercs have no interupts and 1 stun 1 knockback so if you take away thier ability to pop off heals here and there then a healer would win 1v1 against a dps merc every time due o out lasting the merc as so give him an interupt. Oh wait then ya'll would qq about that too

Marauders/sentinels are the best classes against healers or dps/healers. There's no way you will lose 1v1 as marauder/sentinel against any class, unless you meet someone who is a lot better than you and/or have much better gear. With my centurion sentinel i beat battlemaster sorcs, mercs or operatives without much trouble (unless the operative is dps, skilles, and hits me from stealth).

Stop whining if you play marauder or sentinel, just practise more. If anything we should be nerfed, not buffed.

LOL, yep call for nerfs on your own class.... real smart!

So I'm better off comparing a tank to a DPS class than a DPS class to a DPS class?

All hybrids that can play tanks have taunt.

All hybrids that can play healers have healing spells.

Marauders and snipers need heals too.

not all powertechs are tanks. they have 2 dps trees you know.

an earlier poster seemed to also think powertechs had healing abilities as well....

it's like some of you don't even play this game. like you've read about it, formed an opinion but never actually played it.

marauders can heal themselves ;) via annihilation spec.

go to youtube , type in annihilation maruader pvp . watch. realise you don't actually know much of anything about this game. stop posting. play the game. come back and apologize.follow these steps and you too can finally post about things with a smidgeon of a clue ;)

not all powertechs are tanks. they have 2 dps trees you know.

You can taunt from your DPS trees though and that is the issue IMHO.

You shouldn't be able to taunt unless you're in a tank stance, just like you can't guard unless you're in a tank stance. And FWIW, I have less issues with mercenaries having a self heal than sorcerors. Probably because DPS mercs don't have a bubble or speed buff.

I guess really this boils down to 'nerf sorcs'. :)

Edited by dcgregorya

You know when 2 children fight over something like food because it looks like the other child's pizza slice is bigger? That's how I feel about these threads. I think balancing classes or things of that nature are beyond the "average" players capability. *Usually* when someone asks for a nerf, it's to benefit himself above all else. The same could be said about those who don't ask for a nerf (depending on the situation).

It's quite tricky to filter through all the B/S and to take into consideration real situations of unfair play. I'm not talking about the situations where "they ran away and healed themselves." If you take away a DPS classes healing abilities (Operatives, Scoundrels, Sorcs, Sages, Mercenary, Bounty Hunter), then other defensive cooldowns should be used to compensate (so really, it's a lose/lose). Not to mention there might be an overall issue of class awareness when people make these posts (aka ignorance of other classes, their abilities and cooldowns, etc).

Let's be honest, the majority of the players who are upset might be bad players, or players who aren't even interested in the balance of the "other" class. Only in what will benefit themselves. And on that note, I would leave the balancing act to the Developers because God help us if they listen to these QQ threads.

Edited by Valeena

you want everyone to have a heal?

.....ok

Give my Immortal Jugg a self heal I can use in combat. Please. I'm already very hard to kill, great cooldowns, relic abilities, average to low damage (I can keep up on damage but I am never close to the top dealer) AND the ability to heal myself? In combat? "Don't worry guys, I'll defend the turret here by myself. What's that? The entire opposing team is coming for my turret...ok, pop cooldowns...warzone health pack....self heal....ten minutes later...ok, I'm dead but my team secured the other two turrets, fair exchange"

Yes, this post is a bit of an exageration. No I don't think everyone should get in combat heals. And if this is for out of combat heals, dude....don't let them get out of combat...not that hard....and I would describe myself as only an average PVP player skill level. If I can do it, trust me, you can too.

Its completely stupid to see high dps classes that are about to die urn away and just HEAL and survive onl6 because they run and got behind LOS...

wHATS EVEN MORE OUTRAGING is that you see randomly some dps healers simply anihialte the balance of battle by healing the others and OTUHEALING THE DAMAGE OF PLAYERS.....

heals should be nerfed and heals from dps should be very very weak

People that complain this much should realize they are bad.

Eh.... my main gripe is when I'm burning down a healer and a dps sage/sorc throws out a heal or two to keep the actual healer (who is being locked down) alive. When done right, that extra breathing room (far from being able to outpace direct damage) can make/break the kill.

ESPECIALLY if I'm the only one on said healer... and I'm a pve spec kinetic shadow tank (too lazy to respec, honestly). However... once they fixed the bug where force potency+particle acceleration wasn't giving the promised bonus damage, this helped kill healers >D

However... this is more intelligent playing, as opposed to "ZOMG IMBA /NERF NAO" If a dps with heals throws off a heal or two to keep an actual healer from going underwater... what with its longer cast time, lower healing, less secondary effects... etc... how is this any different than a dps shadow throwing out his mass taunt against 6 something enemies at a void star door? He'll have to switch into tank stance (his whole force bar in resources taken) and then either deal with lower dps/pop a CD to regen force. However... 6 people doing 30% less damage for 6 seconds is a huge advantage, especially if even one of those popped their burst rotation/CD's during those 6 seconds. Its just intelligent use of player abilities... that BW gave them.

you want everyone to have a heal?

.....ok

Give my Immortal Jugg a self heal I can use in combat. Please. I'm already very hard to kill, great cooldowns, relic abilities, average to low damage (I can keep up on damage but I am never close to the top dealer) AND the ability to heal myself? In combat? "Don't worry guys, I'll defend the turret here by myself. What's that? The entire opposing team is coming for my turret...ok, pop cooldowns...warzone health pack....self heal....ten minutes later...ok, I'm dead but my team secured the other two turrets, fair exchange"

Yes, this post is a bit of an exageration. No I don't think everyone should get in combat heals. And if this is for out of combat heals, dude....don't let them get out of combat...not that hard....and I would describe myself as only an average PVP player skill level. If I can do it, trust me, you can too.

I saw a guardian (jugg mirror) with a pvp set bonus of "charge+intercede each heal you for 8% of your max health" So... jugg self healing should already be in the game. Abliet 16% for both CDs... but they are mid-length CDs? 20? 30? 40? seconds? If the stats aren't good on them for you, could always swap mods out.

Edited by Niddhog

Its completely stupid to see high dps classes that are about to die urn away and just HEAL and survive onl6 because they run and got behind LOS...

wHATS EVEN MORE OUTRAGING is that you see randomly some dps healers simply anihialte the balance of battle by healing the others and OTUHEALING THE DAMAGE OF PLAYERS.....

Lol... the heals from a DPS speced player are complete junk. I do at least 2x the output of damage in the time I can cast one heal.

Is there any part of the game that you dont want nerfed?

Helaers try to out heal dps - more news at 11...

Seriously...show me proof of a healer outhealing highend dps...they dont and you know it. Your real problem is simply your class doesnt have any in combat heals I would expect so you dress it up like the game is broken so you can demand it for your class??

If you want a heal, roll a class that has one...simples.

Driz

If you made the choise of rolling a pure dps AC it´s your own fault that you can´t fill any other role and if you go to selfhealing with merc (sorcs are worse but interrupt still works) mid fight you can hope to pull off 2-3 heals before you overheat and get smashed anyways and if you get extremely lucky you can heal 10-12k within 6 secs and they all are interruptable and every class has somekind of interrupt or stun ability to stop the cast and finish off the player. So stop being bad and whining on forums about non issues.

I can't keep up anymore, someone needs to create a nerf it schedule and the mods need to sticky it.

I thought we were still on nerfing stealth classes.

Yeah, I have my nerf premade class thread, but I was sure it was dwarfed by the mass outrage at stealthy classes having stealth abilities.

But now the dogs have been set loose on those pesky dps heals? Nerf stealthy stealth abilities should have had at least a week, don't you think?

This is simply another case of being poorly informed. :(

Dps classes do NOT heal themselves well, nor effectively, when dps specced. This is simply a fact and the BW team did a good job on this across all classes. When a class that can also spec into healing goes full dps, their ability to heal is seriously gimped. The heals are diminished either by potency, much longer cast time, loss of secondary heal effects or all of the above. It is VERY inefficient for a dps class to actually heal themselves, and in the majority of the cases, in the middle of the battle a self heal would be the poorest choice for a dps class to try to cast.

As a currently Madness specced sorc, I can guarantee you I do not cast my big heal (Dark Infusion) while in combat. The 3 second cast time is just too easy to interrupt and the big heal itself is negligible compared to what else I could have been doing in those 3 seconds as a dps class. Will I cast a heal on myself out of combat? Of course I will. But when I play my Assassin, I can heal up just as quickly by meditating, only that does not count into my healing numbers. If healing myself out of combat didn't give me healing medals, I'd probably just meditate like I do on my Assassin -- that is how inefficient heals are for a dpser.

On the other hand, classes that do dps but can also spec into tanking, such as Assassins, or Marauders that share some awesome defensive abilities from the warrior class have it much better than healing classes when it comes to the actual usability of the crossover abilities. These classes get what we call 'defensive cool-downs' and can be looked at the same as healing, only they are usually instant and arguably more powerful than heals, if only for the fact that heals take time to cast and can be interrupted. Defensive cool-downs are actually useful to dps specced classes while in the middle of the battle. One does not need to stop and cast a 12 second 50% deflection, or a 5 second immunity, albeit with a health cost, etc... Personally, I would GLADLY trade my ability to cast a 3 second heal in combat as a sorc for one of these defensive cool-downs. :)

And stealth? Stealth is SO useful for a dps class that it cannot even begin to be compared to non-specced heals. And there is a class out there that has stealth and dps and non-spec heals. And then another one that has stealth and dps and defensive cooldowns. :) Pretty awesome huh? But no, you still think we should nerf non-heal specced heals? ;)

I'm all for it, just give me one of the toys the other classes get. :) How about invisibility? At least temporary. I mean what spell is more wizard/mage/sorc than invisibility? In every game I've played sorcs get something like it... only in this game warriors get it. :rolleyes:

Sorcs/Sages are the most stupid OP broken class in the game currently. Every part of your rant is rendered invalid.

Think you meant in pve only ?

this is the pvp board isnt it? and yes in pve it shouldnt be touched its nice to have backup heals and would suck when tank loses aggro cuz he popped his cds but the same skills make it annoying in pvp

Don't be bad next time?

P.S. Unspecced heals heal for junk and are often barely worth the resource cost (unless you play a sorc of course...).

my heals aren't junk. my trooper commando (Gunnery) my heal crits for 3500+, plus I have 2 other small HOT's that combined will restore about 5000 in 15 seconds. Obviously In a close battle my heals can make the difference. But no way should they be nerfed. they arent OP either.