Please DO NOT ROLL A TANK

stephenjohnp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to play Jedi Knight Guardian Tank (changed the imperial version of our guild because that's where my friends are playing). I'm gonna play Juggernaut tank. In my experience, Guardian/Juggernaut does just as well if not better than BH and Trooper at threat.

You just gotta play your skills right, attack multiple foes, make effective use of Force Leap and Guardian Leap.

The Juggernaut and Guardian tank are pretty good. It's just that their Defense tree needs some tweaks. Like in the Guardian tree, Unremetting and Protector are in Vigilance, not Defense and need to be put there

Still don't know what that's supposed to mean

It's paraphrasing a meme from Skyrim. While running amuck in the open world, numerous (and i mean NUMEROUS) guards in many different towns can be randomly overheard saying "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee." The repetition and rather bizarre nature of this line has made it quite memorable and a lot of people randomly quote it -- like in this thread. :)

It's paraphrasing a meme from Skyrim. While running amuck in the open world, numerous (and i mean NUMEROUS) guards in many different towns can be randomly overheard saying "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee." The repetition and rather bizarre nature of this line has made it quite memorable and a lot of people randomly quote it -- like in this thread. :)

Eyup. A silly thing, but it cracks me up for some reason.

Light saber throw Aoe Taunt smash Sweeping kicks utilize ur slows and stuns for 6 sec aoe effects single target taunt if needed and if the mobs aint dead before u do all that, thats a dps problem!

This is basically the answer to your threat problems. If you can't generate enough threat with your one AoE attack, why not try using some of the massive amounts of crowd control we're given? Why are you wasting your time trying to drum up threat on trash as opposed to the big guy in the group? If your DPS isn't taking out the trash first and you're getting the main enemy pulled off of you because they don't give you time to gen threat on him, that's not your problem.

To any DPS that don't focus the weak enemies first, thereby lowering the amount of damage the group takes as quickly as possible: Lrn2work with tanks! Contrary to popular belief, killing the weaker ones is a DEFENSIVE role that YOU have in the party.

Edited by Anatlos

I absolutely dread it when I get a Juggernaut tank for a Hardmode flashpoint. You're AoE threat is just absolutely **** and it's just painful to party with you.

It's usually piss poor DPS that don't know how to play that put up messages like this.

I ran a group of lower level toons through a heroic are the other day to help a guildee out. It was pretty funny actually to watch them (as it didn't matter what they did, I could snap back control in a fraction of a second).

every single dps was hitting a different mob. they were surprised when I suggested that they focus on One mob.

they would pull every mob in sight because they simply weren't paying attention to nearby monsters or their aggro radius.

...with such fantastic examples like this, no wonder these expert DPS players can make such accurate judgments about tanking skills. I recognize that you want to be able to spam stuff WoW style and not be responsible for your threat. Or control. Or CC.

You may go back to WoW at any time.

It's usually piss poor DPS that don't know how to play that put up messages like this.

I ran a group of lower level toons through a heroic are the other day to help a guildee out. It was pretty funny actually to watch them (as it didn't matter what they did, I could snap back control in a fraction of a second).

every single dps was hitting a different mob. they were surprised when I suggested that they focus on One mob.

they would pull every mob in sight because they simply weren't paying attention to nearby monsters or their aggro radius.

...with such fantastic examples like this, no wonder these expert DPS players can make such accurate judgments about tanking skills. I recognize that you want to be able to spam stuff WoW style and not be responsible for your threat. Or control. Or CC.

You may go back to WoW at any time.

Indeed, it was that kind of stupidity that made me stop playing my Warrior after BC. Too many idiots wanting to burst like crazy, make pulls, etc. before I could generate threat. I constantly made it known if you want to act like a tank then you can enjoy tanking while I sit back and watch and protect the healers.:p

It's not an opinion, it is fact. Everyone knows a Juggernauts AoE threat is god awful.

Why is your DPS trying to AoE on every pull? And if they aren't...then why does it matter what their AoE threat is?

Sounds like some uber noob DPS doesn't understand that they shouldn't hit the elites that the tank isn't tanking.

Edited by eightohfive

I absolutely dread it when I get a Juggernaut tank for a Hardmode flashpoint. You're AoE threat is just absolutely **** and it's just painful to party with you.

Please...

I played a jugg at the beta and play a jugg since the early access now.

I have NO prob to tank, hm flashpoint, hm/nm ops, i can main tank without any pb .

In pvp our class is fine too.

If u have pb with juggs on your serv, it's not a class issue but a player issue.

~Jhiana Jugg r73 | Scepter of ragnos pvp en.

lol this is the same person who rage quit/deleted 2 of his toons and

then wanted them back(see below link)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=299930

Above link alone warrants that your pea sized brain couldn't phantom the mechanics of aggro.

Ha ha ha ha ha. He's taken all the fun out of trolling him. It's way too easy at this point

you're one of those people that should go back to wow and just stay there. It fits you perfectly. This game not so much.

I'm a Jugg tank and I have seen our lack or AoE abilities first hand, but that doesn't stop me from being successful in flashpoints/ops. In an AoE situation I start off with smash and then cycle through targets with hard hitting abilities. Sure, some good DPS pull a bit of aggro but I have a 2 taunts and an intercede.

Juggs arent the problem, bad players are.

Above link alone warrants that your pea sized brain couldn't phantom the mechanics of aggro.

rofl.... this is the dumbest thing ive ever read on these forums..i really wish they hadnt givin him the toons back...whatta douche

Thanks for linking that. I can't phantom how anyone takes this guy seriously anymore!

(not flaming, just teasing you on the typo, seriously thanks for posting the link to that thread, cause this OP is just a joke)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.