The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make Ilum a Queue-able Warzone

Jeditactics

Just as the thread title states.

My suggestion is to make Ilum a queueable Warzone, in the like of Alterac Valley was/is in WOW.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because of the lack of action happening in Ilum and the faction imbalances on our server that are probably to blame for this.

On my Server Daragon Trail, it seems as though there is only some Ilum pvp action the day after weeklies reset.

This way we would hopefully get an even match between both sides (imp outnumbers pubs on my Server).

Thoughts on this?

My suggestion is to make Ilum a queueable Warzone, in the like of Alterac Valley was/is in WOW.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because of the lack of action happening in Ilum and the faction imbalances on our server that are probably to blame for this.

On my Server Daragon Trail, it seems as though there is only some Ilum pvp action the day after weeklies reset.

This way we would hopefully get an even match between both sides (imp outnumbers pubs on my Server).

Thoughts on this?

I second this.

I've seen people suggest this, what's weird is 24+ imps vs 24+ pubs on Ilum and there's massive lag. Funny though, we had over 20+ imps on Belsavis and we ran into 20+ pubs and there was ZERO lag during the fights that lasted almost an hour, what is it about Ilum that makes it massively lag. Edited by Sookster

make it a warzone, add a new planet that is like a huge seamless zone from more open MMOs with outposts scattered complete with guards and turrets so people can respawn in safety and use the guards to their advantage in case they're outnumbered. don't heavily incentivize the pvp though, even if the playerbase demands it. pking people is reward in of itself.

Thoughts on this?

LoL Hilarious..

this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. Warzones have hurt open world pvp badly. Ilum is already instanced to hell. Ilum needs a GIGANTIC revamp to say the least. What needs to be done is holding the devs to what they promised us. I want the 100vs100 that gabe advertised for ilum i want my objective based "open world" pvp that was advertised.If ilum gets turned into a warzone thats the death of open world pvp and im out if that happens i hate the dam warzones if i had my way it would just be open world pvp and thats its. Warzones cause more bad then good and hinder open world pvp

Warzones cause more bad then good and hinder open world pvp

Warzones are meant to provide variety to our PvP, that shouldnt hinder anything because open-world PvP should be done in a way that we actually want to partake in it. If we dont, its the fault of the designers, not the existence of warzones.

Ilum is a total joke, one of the worst examples of endgame PvP i have ever seen in any MMO in the 9 years i have been playing them. I actually think a grand-scale warzone with a 50 player per side limit and a series of campaign objectives could be very good. The issue with a truely open world PvP planet is the uncontrollable issue of population balance and as soon as you limit numbers like they currently have? Might as well just make it a warzone and be done with it.

They should do open world pvp more like DaoC imo,

objectives should be like bunkers/fortresses you can capture and hold, big complexes with a lot of champion npc's/turrets defending in addition to players, and if a guild takes the bunker/fortress it would have your guilds banner and tag on guards etc :)

have a ton of these fortresses around and give bonuses to the owners of bunkers if pvping in the area around their own, but if one faction has more land in the world than the other they would get a handicap penalty in the whole area pvp.

that would keep a lot of fun in capturing places, and if the faction imbalance leads to one side capturing more locations the handicap would eventually even the playing field.

This would create a dynamic world pvp since if heavily handicapped the higher faction may have a lot of people unwilling to participate for a bit which would cause the lower faction to reclaim land and perhaps even things out again... it should be interesting anyway.

This could be a new planet though and turn Ilum into the warzone or something :p

Why do people call ilum open world pvp? lol its a warzone with none of the good and all of the bad.

make it 24 vs 24 or even 16 vs 16 and call it a day. I'm sick of sitting in a group of 40 people hitting my class buff and basic ranged attack and calling it pvp.

Thoughts on this?

This would be great.