Anyone else feel like CE was a rip-off

Kaoci

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would any of you even buy a collectable version without knowing exactly what was in it?

Buyer beware I guess. The only type of collectable I see worth getting from a game launch is something like the remote control exploding drone car from the Black ops collectors addition. Something fun and tangible, not in game novelties. But even I didn't get that.

Did people really think that there would be lots of really usefull things in the CE?

Sure the CE did give some things that you cant get in game but that is about all it is good for. If you like those sort of things then it is a good purchase for you, otherwise, should have done more research before buying.

Best part of this thread is...

Over a few thousand of these where sold, less the 1% are complaining daily. Go fig.

Although i disagree with you throwing around fake numbers, it is probably probably in around the one digit percents. Most of the population of the game has never even been on the forums.

Although i disagree with you throwing around fake numbers, it is probably probably in around the one digit percents. Most of the population of the game has never even been on the forums.

umm a few thousand was indeed VERY low, but alas, I will let you think you are making a differance.

Anyone else feel like the Collectors Edition was a waste of money?

The reason why i ask is because well lets put this way the speeder bike only lasts till 25. The Mouse Droid isnt the best looking companion in tor and again can be won in a raid just with different looks. The Holodancer doesnt last long. The Holocam is pretty much screenshots and the Targeting thing can be bought in game with a different visual. And also pretty much all in the CE digital items was buyable in the Digital Deluxe eddition.

Also the Collectors Store is the biggest waste of time ever there is 1 armour set which btw if you arent a pistol or rifle user looks stupid, There is Only 1 companion Customisation kit for your first companion unless you are sorc then you got 3 and all the Companion kits look rubbish except Khem Vals.

Also the fact that the Digital Deluxe was £60 and had every digital item except the collectors store and the mouse droid just pretty much shows that we have been ripped off.

Because the Non Digital Stuff isnt worth £90 for example the art book id say is worth £8 the Statue is about £40pounds the CD id say £7.99 and the Authenticator is prob worth £5-10 and the Map is worth £2.

So thanks alot bioware the only reason i Bought the Collectors Eddition because it was said that the Collectors Store was Suppose to have items and Visual Looks that you cant get anywhere else in the game? So bioware if you do intend to make the CE actually worth the payment Upgrade this please or maybay even give us a Speeder bike for All the skills not just training 1.

May i also ask what anyone elses opinion on this is?

why did you buy it then?!?

it was clearly laid out what you were getting for the money ... the DD clearly laid out what you were getting as well ... so you should have gotten the DD.

if you pre-ordered 6 months earlier ... why did you do that, when you know that you can order the EXACT same CE the day before or the day of the release ... hell i see the CE sitting on the shelves at Best Buy.

i bought the CE because i always buy a CE of something i look forward to playing, i could care less about the color crystal, and all the other junk they gave you, except for the speeder bike. and whats wrong with the speeder bike?!? i;m level 50 and still using it, and i;m glad i have it cause the cost for buying the skill to use the higher bikes is CRAZY ... i'm not a money maker so i'll be using my bike for a long time.

I use nothing in my CE.

My crystal I used til 13 when I could upgrade the crystal, but other than the speeder [and a customization for Qyzen], I have used almost nothing VIP related.

I bought it because I've supported SWToR from day one, and still plan to.

Ahh i actually like the idea you got there i remember when i play games such KOTOR where you would like to see some player communicatons thanks for answer. Btw quick question do you find huttball really boring also.

Actually I love Huttball, having pvp'd through Wow & Rift I found it innovative, new & refreshing. The added danger of firepits as well as players not to mention utilising firepits to kill players gave the warzone extra dimension.

The statue alone would sell for close to the price of the CE at most comic shops or any other place that sells things like that. The comic shop I go to has a ton of similar collectible statues that are usually at least 100 bucks. So value wise I think we got a great deal. I think some people are just not happy with the in game items. I think the in game stuff is fine. not having to pay for a speeder at rank 1 is a nice thing to have for all my characters.

A staute you buy in said comic shop would be of a much better quality. These are cheaply made statues.

I am happy with my CE though even if I'm not happy with me game.

You know I actually liked the Customization kit for Mako. It has be the only one I liked for her. I pretty much kept her the same till I checked the CE vendor. Now I am content.

Also the book I got with the CE is awesome. Loved it. Also enjoyed the free speeder for all my chars.

Enjoy the VIP lounge too. Able to get away from all the riff raff and play 'Carbines in the Wind' nonstop while I craft armor.

Glad I got the DDE! Only 20 bucks more then the Standard...and you get all the goodies that matter...like the Lovely Dancer Holo...the Screenshot item...and of course the most important of all...the free lvl 25 mount on every char you make!

Glad I got the DDE! Only 20 bucks more then the Standard...and you get all the goodies that matter...like the Lovely Dancer Holo...the Screenshot item...and of course the most important of all...the free lvl 25 mount on every char you make!

You CAN'T be serious about the stupid screenshot item. It doesn't even put you back into third person view.

Im still beating myself up for buying the CE. Not for the money spent on it but for getting something so utterly useless. I don't collect this stuff so all the goodies that came with the box, i have either thrown away or given to a friend of mine.

Only things that i felt worth keeping is the security code keyring and the game cd's ofc.

Never again will i make the same mistake.

To put more salt on the wound, I can't even tell in the game who has bought CE or the DD, and people don't even talk about having the VIP access. Yeah, it will always be a waste of money to buy CE for the in game junk. You only get the CEs for the physical stuff, not for the in game junk. The in game junk is just a bonus and shouldn't even be considered when evaluating the value of a CE.

my friend refuses to admit that the CE was a poor buy.

i bought digital deluxe edition but i cant help but feel a slight bit ripped off too.

Holodancer gets boring after pulling her out 3 times

Holocamera is semi usefull

Flare gun is stupid

no mouse droid, unless he died somehow.

VIP Lounge is a joke, change the music is about all we got up there, CE store is for CE owners only, and the other vendor sells that 1.5m speeder...

Vehicle was useful, then i hit lv 50 and got a lvl 3...

only useful thing about it, is that every new alt i role i get the same deluxe edition items.