Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Class quests are to hard!

Junfo

I'm up to level 23, and as SW Jug, I have solo'd all the "end-story" elites ... yes, sometimes they whack you hard and you have to res up once, but that's it.

You either need to adjust what your doing, or change your companion to better suit the fight, or simply grab a friend

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you like to know what the second M in MMORPG means? Multiplayer. That is literally all I am going to say.

They have stated that this game is designed for group AND solo play. If a person is having trouble soloing, they should get answers instead of trolls.

I'm up to level 23, and as SW Jug, I have solo'd all the "end-story" elites ... yes, sometimes they whack you hard and you have to res up once, but that's it.

You either need to adjust what your doing, or change your companion to better suit the fight, or simply grab a friend

So far I only had difficulty with one boss of my Jedi Knight story. I was 19, the boss was 20. I died 3-4 times before I figured out a viable tactic to taking him down. It's what makes this game so lovable. You need to actually think by Trial & Error in order to kill some of the tougher parts of your class quest :cool:

A single elite shoudnt be any problem.

For all without a tank companion.

If its on the edge let your companion do the first strike and you start 2 seconds after.

If you can heal just heal him 2 times, than start your attack session.

After 4-5 attacks you have the aggro but dont loose live till than.

With this tactic no elite in your level should be a problem.

If you get killed with this tactic you maybe aggroed a world boss :p

Would you like to know what the second M in MMORPG means? Multiplayer. That is literally all I am going to say.

/agreed

I have found most of the class quests solo-able or with a companion (that's why they give them to us is it not?). I've only had problems with one storyline quest early in the game and it just took a little tactical adjustment on my part to complete. Not all classes play the same and sometimes you just have to step back and analyze what you're doing wrong.

Edited by Xandiir

LOL OP. Learn to play and not get everything handed to you. If you can't figure out what you are doing wrong visit a website that might gain you some insight on how to do it right. Most of the quests are usually located on a database sight. On those usually people leave comments on or about the quest in question.

If that doesn't work re-read, yes I said read, your quest text. That alone will tell you volumes on how to do the quest. Case in point, over Beta Weekend, while on Dromund Kaas, I was to kill Skotia. I went in and then kept dying. Yeah it pissed me off but I kept trying. I thnk after the eigth or ninth time of me dying, I re read my quest log an lo and behold I was told to use a specific peice of equipment. I did and he died wit one try! So I have to say, learn how to read, listen to the quest giver and if all else fails visit a db site in which you can find out more information.

If you don't know db sites are sites like TORhead, Darthhater, Torwiki etc. They have databases on quests, items, etc. If you don't use them I would start. These make great companions for solo travellers.

Pssht whatever. Last night I solo'd a lvl 15 Fallen Lord Champion that had 13500 health and my guy was only lvl 18. Maybe you should try playing Juggernaut :p

Talking about the guy with the 3 chicks in front of him on Dromund Kaas? Yeah I took him at lvl 16, and won that by the barest skin of my teeth. Dude was the hardest elite i've managed to solo, much harder than the one in "Friends of Old".

ETA: folks your companion can initiate the fight if you click on the attack button in the lower lefthand corner by your summon companion button.

Edited by Darinford

Please don't change the difficulties.

Now, I'm probably as much of a carebare as anyone. I like to be able to slaughter my enemies with scything waves of blasterfire and irresistible Force powers to make the Emperor wince and say "Dayum, he got pwn't" In other words I dont enjoy doing games on nightmare levels. This game is just about right. I can play and advance without spending all my time frustrated walking from the med center. But, I still die enough to make myself think about it.

For those that enjoy the nightmare levels, they can always try it sans companion or bump the instance to HARD.

Good Job BioWare. I'm havin' fun I haven't had since Pre-NGE.

Use your companion. They are there for a reason, you know.

Also, I've done every single class mission and even most of the side-storyline missions completely solo on my (for example, I do it on every class I make) Bounty Hunter PT, all the way up to the end of Alderran. With just Mako as a healer for the tougher fights. The only missions I do/will do in groups are the heroics, flashpoints and eventually the end-game raids, as they are meant to be played.

I'm guessing you are new?

Edited by Darth_Vain

Well to me the levling part of a mmorpg should not be the challeng only a feat!

Like how you age in irl, not a challenge like a instance or raid, i have nothing against the difficult level in instances/raids, the more those are challanging the more fun but not the leveling part!

Take questing in wow before wotlk!

it was perfect the harder quest was meant to be done in a group, and the solo quest, well yea u could beat down alot of mobs before resting!

the part of the difficult level in the quest in this game are over the bar in my opinion!

as a jedi (thats what i play) i want to feel like a jedi just as powerful they are!

And no iknow my class, as i stated before.

pvp is something that i started earlier in this game and i love it allways top player in the bgs!

thats a part they made perfect, i cant say more then i just love pvp in this game so i took aside from the pve aspect for now, and stick with pvp!

Interesting, I'm lvl 28 Bounty Hutner Powertech and have had no problem what so ever soloing my class quest.. heck I've even solo'd quite some heroric quests, incl the 4 man one in dromund kass.

It's not to hard, don't nerf them. Clearly a learn to play issue.

What quest are you having trouble with?

If you think you just can't do it go and do some side quests, I always end up overleveled for my class storyline if I do all the quests on a given planet. Be sure to use stims and medpacks.

I had trouble with smuggler's quest on Tatooine, but after dying a few times it was very satisfying when I finally did it!

If you're questing without your companions then yes it will be hard because the game was made with the companions in mind. but even then it's not impossible it's just much harder... Anyway my guess is that you sent your companion to do missions and then you find it hard to do quests without him/her...

You're either trolling, or you need to learn how to look for a group.

I'm sorry but you should not have to group for a story quest. I do find it kind of annoying in that story quests will usually always be several levels ahead of me and if I have already done all the side quests in an area I'm sort of stuck grinding random mobs to level. If there were enough side quests I wouldn't have so much of an issue, but many times there aren't. I'd rather not be forced to do pvp or dungeons for leveling. That said, I'm not in as bad a spot as OP where I need to be higher than the quest. Usually just at the level of the quest is ok for me. Sometimes I can get away with being a bit below (though poor Vette ends up paying the price and dying).

Idk, I either wish the quests for tuned for the level you receive them at or that there were more quests in the area so I can level more.

Edited by deneeve

Thats the thing, idont want a group for my story quest i want to do them my self!

The Star Wars feeling is kinda ruined when doing the class quest in a group,

well its my opinion iknow that not every one shares them, but still!

Even having a companion in a class quest is enoying!

I want to go trough the story on my own, idont want any help with it but as it seem atm i have to, if idont want to call for the medical probe every now and then!

Go play world of warcraft if you want to steamroll through the entire game and be spoon fed. That game is great for people like you.

Go play world of warcraft if you want to steamroll through the entire game and be spoon fed. That game is great for people like you.

Well thank you!

ido play world of warcraft i enjoy some content of it atm (golden age was in tbc)

but then again this is only for the class quest chain and nothing else!

The instances are way to easy in this game and should be tuned up, and the class quests should be tuned down! like the one above me said that it should be balanced on the level you take the quest, not like it is now that when u obtain a class quest the actuel quets are for 4 lvls higher then what you are at the moment you take the quest!

Well some actuly like it hard, and some dont! simple as that, im only here to tell what i think!

and i meet alot of ppl in game complaining on the same thing i am!

So im not alone on this subject!

PS. yet again no ido not think that they should nerf raids/instances! i want them to adjust the class quests a bit not to much but just so its not to hard like now!

• 3 weeks later...
Sith warrior class quests are too hard! I dont know why this is good. And when I want to retalent to tank I must pay 53k(at the moment...) credits. That's freakin amazing, no dual talent, and I got brain **** when I want to do my class quest. :mad:

Class quest is to hard??? I have solo'd my whole class line so far without issue. (With exception of Heroics). I am playing a Sith Warrior Juggernaut lvl16 currently.

Just wait 'till you get to about lvl 25... lol.

OP I don't know your class or level, but I do think some of the class quests are a bit difficult later on... but from my personal experience it's not been anything a little strategy hasn't solved.

The only class quests that i am seeing any major complaints about in game are the late level SI quests. Don't know about republic side since I am playing empire.

Some of those later Inquisitor fights are tuned for either Sorc or Assassins, since they play very differently and can be face-rollingly easy for one AC and shirt-rending hard for the other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.