Best CE ever?

Albytaps

Every time I get another character to 25 and don't have to shell out another 8k I thank my wife for getting me the CE. I've had a few other CE's and have never had something so useful come with it as in-game items. The other stuff is cool too, but 8k on a level 25 character seems like a good bit.

Gotta love the Holo dancer and the flare gun is cool too although I hardly ever use them. I still haven't even looked at the statue LOL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

8k is probably worth about 10 cents in real life money. It is ridiculously easy to get an extra 8k in game by level 25. I have never once had a problem coming up with the cash at any level to buy stuff. Once you have a character at level 50, money is relatively useless. Now had they included a Champion Bag that might be worth talking about. Edited by Straegen

My lvl 23 has 56k so far, 8k are like 5 minutes or less if you are lvl 50, even less if you get a lucky drop.

You paid, 20€ at least for an item to be used from lvl 25-40, and the cost ingame is ludicrous. Granted there are other (useless) items in the vendor.

Its all good you like it, but best CE ever? No.

Sllllluuuuurp!

Completely useless junk you will never use at max level? Yeah sounds like the best CE ever.

And if he never gets to max level? Hell, I'm happy with the stuff in it, and I have yet to get someone to level 50. But regardless of anything in the game, I paid for the statue and the other physical stuff, and I think that alone was worth it.

Sllllluuuuurp!

Completely useless junk you will never use at max level? Yeah sounds like the best CE ever.

Yes! The hate is swelling in you now. Use it. He is unarmed. Strike him down with all your anger and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

Hey, it saves about 17% of the cost of the first speeder, at a point in the game where credits can be tight. It's a much better in game perk than many collector editions include.

Every time I get another character to 25 and don't have to shell out another 8k I thank my wife for getting me the CE. I've had a few other CE's and have never had something so useful come with it as in-game items. The other stuff is cool too, but 8k on a level 25 character seems like a good bit.

Gotta love the Holo dancer and the flare gun is cool too although I hardly ever use them. I still haven't even looked at the statue LOL

I bought the DDE, so I got the speeder cheaper than those that bought the CE. In my opinion it's the only decent digital item, and that's only because it's not a bad looking mount, and it saves a bit of cash. I would have preferred it if it scaled with your riding skill however, it kinda grates that it's only useful for such a short period of time.

All the other digital items are pure junk. I wasted my money with the DDE to be honest, but hey, I guess you live and learn. I'll never buy another special edition game from EA or BioWare.

Edited by Mandrax

8k for each character is not bad. But still I got more than 140k on my level 22 power tech and I so it really does not matter if I have the CE or not. It's not like it's gonna make a bump in my economy.

8k is like nothing, it's about 5 minutes of farming on a 50.

What I'm really happy about is the yellow-black crystal we get for pre-ordering!

Alright, just curious - why does everyone compare 8k at level 25 to 8k at level 50? It's like saying "Man, making $2,000 is like nothing when I'm the CEO of a company at age 50 - I don't see why $2,000 is so much for you at age 16 working at McDonald's..." 8k at level 25 isn't much, unless you're crafting while you level and not taking - dare I say it - Biochem or Slicing. In that case, 8k could be a lot.

8k does not seem like a lot. I've sold one batch of low level crafting mats for well over that. My lvl 16 has almost 100k, and I'm not focusing on making money by any means.

I rarely spend real life money on extra stuff for a game. My wife would not allow such silliness :) Virtual money is not that hard to come by, there are many, many sites and threads to offer excellent advice on making $$ in game, perhaps you should try those as well if you are finding yourself short on cash. It's a game inside a game and very fun distraction from grinding if you find yourself feeling grounded by grinding :)

Alright, just curious - why does everyone compare 8k at level 25 to 8k at level 50? It's like saying "Man, making $2,000 is like nothing when I'm the CEO of a company at age 50 - I don't see why $2,000 is so much for you at age 16 working at McDonald's..." 8k at level 25 isn't much, unless you're crafting while you level and not taking - dare I say it - Biochem or Slicing. In that case, 8k could be a lot.

Why would you do any crafting? Crafted items are subpar in every way.

Huh, who knew my soon-as-I-hit-the-level-to-use-them purple hilt upgrades were sub par? I certainly haven't come across any drops or quest rewards that rivaled what I was using at the time.

And back OT, at 25 the 8k saved meant I got a speeder and all my class skills with my with warrior (who has slicing), instead of having to pick or choose.

Because as a Sentinel, a DPS-focused class, I figured it'd behoove me to make sure my two sabers always had the best possible hilts, color crystals, and enhancements as possible. Plus, I'm not psychic or clairvoyant, and didn't know anything about the game before I started playing it at EGA time.

Shock and awe, someone who doesn't read everything about what's in the game in great detail before playing it! It's almost as if half my fun comes from discovering things in the game on my own!

Plus, my crafted items are not subpar in every way. I overlevel planets because I dfo everything before moving on, so my crafted items are way better than everything available to me in the game. I don't PvP.

Edited by Calsetes
Spelling error

I've played a lot of different MMOs, and I'm actually loving this game, but I never buy the CEs. There's just no value to me.

In this case, I'm not interested in that particular speeder, as it reminds me of the ships from Phantom Menace and doesn't look as nice.

Flare gun? What is that for?

Holo-dancer? Just about every cantina has a dancer, if you're into that.

Statue of Darth Malgus. While I understand why it's him and not someone like Vader, well, if I'm going to have a statue, that I may be keeping for years, I want it to be of that one iconic "Darth." You know, the one that started it all?

Can you imagine trying to sell that statue at a garage sale in 20 years? "Hey man, how much for the broken Vader statue and do you have the helmet somewhere?" No offense to BioWare or their KOTOR/TOR lore.

Edited by HanzoV

Because as a Sentinel, a DPS-focused class, I figured it'd behoove me to make sure my two sabers always had the best possible hilts, color crystals, and enhancements as possible. Plus, I'm not psychic or clairvoyant, and didn't know anything about the game before I started playing it at EGA time.

Shock and awe, someone who doesn't read everything about what's in the game in great detail before playing it! It's almost as if half my fun comes from discovering things in the game on my own!

Plus, my crafted items are not subpar in every way. I overlevel planets because I dfo everything before moving on, so my crafted items are way better than everything available to me in the game. I don't PvP.

Unless one is masochistic enough to snub all but orange or higher quests, the rewards are going to be less than what crafting will get you (at least until very near the level cap).

I bought the CE, I love both the in game and out of game stuff. Haters gonna hate, but notice a lot of the people complaining the mount isn't worth it didn't buy it. Maybe just trying to justify not buying it?

The simple fact is, wether 8k is a lot of money or not, its 8k you don't have to spend. 20c isn't a lot of money, but people still use coupons to save it.

Sllllluuuuurp!

I thought the ingame store would be worth it, but yeah I bought the package and this is pretty much how I feel. If the speeder scaled/changed as you purchased new skill tiers, that would have been nice.

Alright, just curious - why does everyone compare 8k at level 25 to 8k at level 50? It's like saying "Man, making $2,000 is like nothing when I'm the CEO of a company at age 50 - I don't see why $2,000 is so much for you at age 16 working at McDonald's..."

Thank you!

People always complain about how expensive games are. Jeeze I four box this game, bought the digital collectors edition. I spend that much on a nice dinner.

Now my time is more valuable than what I pay for a game.

BTW, I have about 70k doing slicing from 10th, over my 1hr a night game time.

Mal

Thank you!

People always complain about how expensive games are. Jeeze I four box this game, bought the digital collectors edition. I spend that much on a nice dinner.

Now my time is more valuable than what I pay for a game.

BTW, I have about 70k doing slicing from 10th, over my 1hr a night game time.

Mal

...... What? That's completely unrelated to what I was talking about.

I am so happy I never purchased the CE and I thank my lucky stars for that every day I play because I was very close to buying it and I am so glad I clicked the other option.

This way when I unsub next month I won't feel so bad about the wasted dollars I spent on it...

Good riddance :)