People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow this just doesn't break my heart when coming from the one calling everyone, who didn't fall into lockstep with his opinion, trolls and quitters. Especially given the admission from that same poster that they were exploiting in Voidstar. Players taking advantage of exploits being one of the reasons other players leave warzones.

The key thing to keep in mind is that the wording does not agree with the claim that everyone is trying to take from it. As someone who has been on these boards for more than a few months, I've seen other yellow posts be misread. So I prefer to not count my chickens before they've hatched.

Not to mention that unless the numerous other issues with warzones are resolved, punishing people for leaving is like putting the cart before the horse.

I admitted to exploiting in voidstar? Doing what? Please quote it.

You'd rather hatch your chickens before they're counted, it appears. As you're really the only person misinterpreting what is clearly obvious by the dev's post. You can't take away something that doesn't exist.

I, too, took a look at your post history and not only is nearly everything you've written (with the exception of your Huttball bug report) abusive, insulting, and just downright abrasive in nature in nearly every thread you've...contributed...to, but pretty much reportable under several different rules.

Chalk you up as another forum troll, and a recent addition to the ignore list.

I admitted to exploiting in voidstar? Doing what? Please quote it.

You'd rather hatch your chickens before they're counted, it appears. As you're really the only person misinterpreting what is clearly obvious by the dev's post. You can't take away something that doesn't exist.

Is your Ignore link broken?

I suspected that with your posting "traits," you couldn't actually bring yourself to put someone on ignore and risk missing something to rail against.

lol

Is your Ignore link broken?

I suspected that with your posting "traits," you couldn't actually bring yourself to put someone on ignore and risk missing something to rail against.

lol

No, not at all. There's an option to view posts of ignored individuals, if we choose to. When I see someone else talking to you, I would go back and see what was posted to catch the whole conversation. Sadly, I don't always get the right post link to show, as it's really a duck hunt.

In this case, however, I'm genuinely interested in finding out where you believe I admit to exploiting any sort of bug in voidstar. That would be really fun to see.

Edited by Nangasaur

at the very least, if people stay in the match doing whatever (afk, hidning in a corner) I don't get to join a match as it ends- all i really want is to play not load screen, lose, reload back to where I was before....

Good catch.

Let those folks AFK in a corner and do nothing. Those of us who typically end up having to replace habitual quitters will no longer have to worry about taking their place in matches that have already started.

We'll always get fresh, new matches.

WookieBob...I congratulate you, genuinely for making this observation.

Those who are threatening to giggle their little hearts out while they hide in a corner instead of quitting out of matches: please, go right ahead! Game on!

Simple fact is now, If i can't leave, I WILL AFK.

Now the spot I would have left for someone wanting to join when I leave will be filled by me doing **** all.

Happy? nice fix bioware.

you wont go AFK, you will try to make the best out of it to get as many points possible :-)

No, not at all. There's an option to view posts of ignored individuals, if we choose to. When I see someone else talking to you, I would go back and see what was posted to catch the whole conversation. Sadly, I don't always get the right post link to show, as it's really a duck hunt.

In this case, however, I'm genuinely interested in finding out where you believe I admit to exploiting any sort of bug in voidstar. That would be really fun to see.

Its not actually hard to find, page 45 on the old thread is where it started but it cropped back up several times, and the fact that you still believe its not an exploit...

Well better luck keeping me on ignore next time, and finding honesty since no one else quoted me that I can see.

Edited by SirRobin

Its not actually hard to find, page 45 on the old thread is where it started but it cropped back up several times, and the fact that you still believe its not an exploit...
There is nothing there stating I exploit any bug on voidstar.

What is there, however, is arguing against someone who believes people force speed jumping over the gap is a bug exploit.

I don't believe it is, but that doesn't make me someone who does it.

That's like saying because my position on flag burning is our constitutional right to freedom of speech, I enjoy burning flags on my front lawn on a daily basis.

But hey, if you still feel so strongly that you are right, then report the post. Since it's against the forum rules to post bug exploits, it will get deleted. I'll even promise to post a copy of the warning I get.

But I won't get a warning. Because it's not. And you're wrong, on all accounts.

Edited by Nangasaur

There is nothing there stating I exploit any bug on voidstar.

What is there, however, is arguing against someone who believes people force speed jumping over the gap is an exploit.

I don't believe it is, but that doesn't make me someone who does it.

That's like saying because my position on flag burning is our constitutional right to freedom of speech, I enjoy burning flags on my front lawn on a daily basis.

But hey, if you still feel so strongly that you are right, then report the post. Since it's against the forum rules to post bug exploits, it will get deleted. I'll even promise to post a copy of the warning I get.

But I won't. Because it's not. And you're wrong, on all accounts.

lol

So this from the person saying I should learn context and reading comprehension and posts...

e. They fix the exploits and bugs like the bomb being placed on the doors before the bridges have even been deployed,
Not a bug or exploit. It's very hard to get the jump timing right on it. Consequently, you could always just pull them back after jumping across.

Oddly enough that poster doesn't actually mention force speed jumping... you do. Guess you just heard about it from some comrades. So just how hard is it to time that jump?

I'm not wrong, you simply cannot accept not being right. There is a pretty significant difference between the two. Though from what I've read I can understand you not being able to tell.

Interesting to have read the Q&A. Quite happy abou them not implementing any automatic punishment. No matter the reaons, even if it is for the principle of not letting a program regulate social behaviour.

Now... I am a bit worried about the kick function, though. I do hope that only inactive players will become eligable for a kickvote. Otherwise I can already see the chaos when groups start kicking fresh 50s because of their gear and this fresh 50 will have to suffer a penalty unable to join any other warzones for a given amount of time on top of that.

lol

So this from the person saying I should learn context and reading comprehension and posts...

Oddly enough that poster doesn't actually mention force speed jumping... you do. Guess you just heard about it from some comrades. So just how hard is it to time that jump?

I'm not wrong, you simply cannot accept not being right. There is a pretty significant difference between the two. Though from what I've read I can understand you not being able to tell.

Dear lord brother, just report the post if you think you're right. Is it too much to ask?

You don't have to hear it from anyone, you can SEE people doing it. I have seen it so many times. Most of those times those people fall to their death because they clearly didn't time it right. Put two and two together. It's not easy to do.

Interesting to have read the Q&A. Quite happy abou them not implementing any automatic punishment. No matter the reaons, even if it is for the principle of not letting a program regulate social behaviour.

Now... I am a bit worried about the kick function, though. I do hope that only inactive players will become eligable for a kickvote. Otherwise I can already see the chaos when groups start kicking fresh 50s because of their gear and this fresh 50 will have to suffer a penalty unable to join any other warzones for a given amount of time on top of that.

Shhh...

Gladoss, titdiscus, Leoran: What do you plan to against Warzones’ AFK, more particularly about players who leave Warzones ? Will there be sanctions for this type of behavior?

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

You might upset some folks since there is no mention of penalties for "quitters" in there, only the kicked.

Edited by SirRobin

Oh, and for anyone who still wants me to post my sources about the votekick system I stated many times in the previous thread and this thread that we will be getting, HERE YOU GO, from today's Q&A. I am now 2 for 2 on my "predictions." Or do I have an inside source? Conspiracy theorists want to know!

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

Gladoss, titdiscus, Leoran: What do you plan to against Warzones’ AFK, more particularly about players who leave Warzones ? Will there be sanctions for this type of behavior?

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

Oh, and for anyone who still wants me to post my sources about the votekick system I stated many times in the previous thread and this thread that we will be getting, HERE YOU GO, from today's Q&A. I am now 2 for 2 on my "predictions." Or do I have an inside source? Conspiracy theorists want to know!

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

Then I guess we can still "leave warzone" without fear of imminent doom?

Why don't you post your own thread demanding the clarification for the missing "add" word you seem to be begging for, and see what kind of answer you get?

Seriously, how long have you actually been on this forum, or forums in general for that matter, if you think they don't pay attention to what is actually being posted? Talk about kidding yourself. :rolleyes:

I, too, took a look at your post history and not only is nearly everything you've written (with the exception of your Huttball bug report) abusive, insulting, and just downright abrasive in nature in nearly every thread you've...contributed...to, but pretty much reportable under several different rules.

Chalk you up as another forum troll, and a recent addition to the ignore list.

Do any of your "observations" diminish my statements? I think not. So, why don't you address them rather than a phantom?

Oh, that's right, they're correct so you can't.

Anyway, what's the logic behind "punishing" leavers? People who aren't winning might leave, fine. But whether they stay or go the match is probably over anyway. It's not like a good player leaving changes the inevitable outcome, so, again, what's the point or motive for "punishing" them?

The real secret to this is because people feel personally insulted when another doesn't want to play with them. So, rather than reflect on why they feel that way, or why a person would leave, or how to improve themselves, they just want to spoil the experience for everyone. (Misery loves company - people will always try to drag you down to their level and, if they can't, will beg for rules to make you stay).

Edited by Genocidalx

Do any of your "observations" diminish my statements? I think not. So, why don't you address them rather than a phantom?

Oh, that's right, they're correct so you can't.

lol

Whether something is correct or not has never affected his posts before, so I don't see why they would start now.

:p

Edited by SirRobin

Seriously, how long have you actually been on this forum, or forums in general for that matter, if you think they don't pay attention to what is actually being posted? Talk about kidding yourself. :rolleyes:
...if I think they, "don't" pay attention?

They do pay attention. And only respond when a real response is absolutely necessary. In your case of Sherlocking for the missing, "add" word, I think they'll feel like they don't need to respond. It was inherently obvious that you cannot remove something that doesn't already exist. So they clearly meant to add it.

...if I think they, "don't" pay attention?

They do pay attention. And only respond when a real response is absolutely necessary. In your case of Sherlocking for the missing, "add" word, I think they'll feel like they don't need to respond. It was inherently obvious that you cannot remove something that doesn't already exist. So they clearly meant to add it.

Then you need to find a better Watson I guess because there is a penalty already in place for people leaving a warzone. Especially for those who have real life commitments. Its lost time. Time that could have been better spent in a non lopsided match. Or outside the warzone completely finishing other dailies.

Then you need to find a better Watson I guess because there is a penalty already in place for people leaving a warzone. Especially for those who have real life commitments. Its lost time. Time that could have been better spent in a non lopsided match. Or outside the warzone completely finishing other dailies.
Oh, so then by removing that penalty, you mean they are now going to reward people for pushing the "Leave Warzone" button?

Since the opposite of penalty is reward, that's gotta be what they mean, right?

Edited by Nangasaur