Why oh why can I hurt other players if I am not PvP flagged?

_Darkstar

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be fixed, it doesn't even make sense being on a PVE server.

I agree. For me this is the most important fix needed in this game. It is an abominationnthat pvprs can force flag on pve servers. I love this game, but allowing pve to become a gankfest is not my idea of fun.

im curious how was the companion forced to attack the player? was it from an aoe from the companion or did the player use a taunt on the companion? either way it shouldnt flag you for pvp

Taunt, apparently. Each time I saw this it was done by Jugg/Powertech, and companion abandoned his 'standard' duties.

Exploit as old as whole game.

• 1 month later...
this trick is as old as MMOs. Back in UO griefers would intentionally walk into Firewall spells so that the system would flag their target as the agressor, allowing them to murder him and GAIN 'goodness' points. Also you could loot player corpses in that game, with no Binding gear, so say goodbye to all your stuff.

• 1 month later...

Altho this thread is kinda old I still don't want to open a new one about the same topic. Yesterday I was tricked into pvp by 2 imperial players on voss on a RP-PVE server. One of them jumped into my npc mob and attacked "my NPC", when said NPC died I was flagged for pvp and they killed me eventually.

I came to the forum to check if this is an offense that can be reported and I got my answer to that so next time I will report the players and hope anything will come out of it. I also read here that aoe doesn't trigger the pvp flag anymore which is IMO an improvement. But what happened to me needs to be worked on as well. There is no way I can retract from an NPC mob when an enemy player attacks one of the NPCs. I cannot make them suddenly stop fighting me or my companion. So how am I to avoid being flagged? People said to pay attention to pvp flagged enemies, alright (altho I didn't roll on a PVE server to be on a constant lookout for pvp-griefers). But what to do when they are around, not questing anymore at all? Not attacking any NPC at all? I can as well just log out then, which I did after the assault btw cuz even tho you die you remain flagged and so I could just teleport back to the next med center and I had no mood to travel all the way back to my quest area again which was way off the road.

Of course also the autotarget function can trigger you to get flagged if you don't pay attention. IMO when I roll on a PVE server I should be entitled to not pay attention to pvp, why would I want that anyways? If I wanted pvp in world I'd have rolled on a pvp server. I like the suggestion of a permanent no-pvp flag which would disable me to attack, heal, rezz or in any other way interact with a pvp-flagged player. Are the devs working on this by any chance?

I am a dedicated PvP Player in any MMO i played. So ofc i want to be flagged. I cant really understand why someone plays a Game that is in fact all about the conflict between 2 Factions like SW and then does not want to follow the lore. BUT, if someone chooses to do so his/her will should be respected so i "upvote" the case that you should be able to completely "NoN PvP Flag" yourself. Forcing someone to accidentally flag himself for PvP is imho Bug abuse. Ofc its only usage of a game mechanic working in the grievers favour but still i think it should be fixed or somehow prevented. Just give those who use the "i will never PvP System" some kind of malus. No idea what , limit them somehow. Why? They do not follow the lore and therefor betray their faction. No idea how to put it better :-) Edited by WolfSp

i just hate this last server Emerge!

before the emerge i played with some friends on an RP/PVP server because it was awesome there cause PVP goes along with RP events like aldraan blockad and setting bounties for bounty hunters etc..

the server name was Lord Calypho(EU server) how ever the new server sucks for many of us because we really really miss the part of RP and PVP, the new server is The Progenitor(EU server too).

i hope BioWare make a vote for server like min and see if people want to change the server to RP/PVP instead of RP/PVE!

before the emerge i played with some friends on an RP/PVP server because it was awesome there cause PVP goes along with RP events like aldraan blockad and setting bounties for bounty hunters etc..

the server name was Lord Calypho(EU server) how ever the new server sucks for many of us because we really really miss the part of RP and PVP, the new server is The Progenitor(EU server too).

i hope BioWare make a vote for server like min and see if people want to change the server to RP/PVP instead of RP/PVE!

Tell me about it, I was on Lord Calypho too. I decided to remain on TOFN tho, as I really enjoy pvp. That said, I do still miss the rp element. I just can't see myself fitting in on a pve server.

Back to topic, I fully disagree with the actions of the agressors trying to "trick" players or to wriggle through mechanics. It's clearly griefing tactics and should be treated as unwanted griefing (altho now that I say it, ive never seen wanted griefing!)

x

Altho this thread is kinda old I still don't want to open a new one about the same topic. Yesterday I was tricked into pvp by 2 imperial players on voss on a RP-PVE server. One of them jumped into my npc mob and attacked "my NPC", when said NPC died I was flagged for pvp and they killed me eventually.

Do you mean that if a PVP-Flagged character attacks the same NPC than you, you get get PvP-Flagged when the NPC dies :eek: ?

I like the suggestion of a permanent no-pvp flag which would disable me to attack, heal, rezz or in any other way interact with a pvp-flagged player. Are the devs working on this by any chance?

Exactly.

Edited by Elysith

That will never happen. All the people who were already there and the people from Trusk Algo play RP-PVE for a reason.

Since a new RP-PVP server is probably not going to happen your best bet is to be able to move your chars to a PVP server and start a RP community there. Or perhaps find likeminded guilds on the opposite faction and organise PVP events.

Why can't I just get an option I can toggle for "Never flag me for PvP" and just don't let me heal/damage anyone that is?

I fully support this idea.

I have not grouped with anyone flagged for PvP for months. The last time I did, it was to do a Flashpoint, so we did not need to worry about other players. Does anyone know if grouping and buffing while grouped still flag your toon for PvP?

Do you mean that if a PVP-Flagged character attacks the same NPC than you, you get get PvP-Flagged when the NPC dies :eek: ?

Yes, exactly that happened. I actually stopped attacking the mob but they kept attacking me. There was nothing I could do about being flagged once the NPC was killed by the enemy player, and as jedi knight I had no way to stealth my way out of it.

Yes, exactly that happened. I actually stopped attacking the mob but they kept attacking me. There was nothing I could do about being flagged once the NPC was killed by the enemy player, and as jedi knight I had no way to stealth my way out of it.

Oh that's weird. That sounds like a bug. I can't see the purpose of it.

Assuming it "works" each time, this really needs to be fixed :confused:

Edited by Elysith

OP, could not have said it better.

We have PVE/PVP servers for a good reason.

Sadly, some PVP players get their kicks from easier targets on PVE servers instead of real challenges on a true PVP server.

I used AOE to kill a few Sand ppl at level 28 while questing on Tatooine and a pvp flagged Imperial player stood in the middle of this, which you could tell was deliberate. He was 3 levels above me but must have been a really poor PVP player as he died very easily and I never pvp.

I consider myself to be very skilled at PVE but useless at PVP, but I guess I was lucky they were not skilled on this occasion.

@vinchii: I think you must have targeted him directly accidentally because AOE does not hurt anymore PvP-Flagged players, unless you target them directly. (Or maybe it was the same kind of exploit melvp described, with the guy attacking the same NPC than you, or taunting your companion?) Edited by Elysith