Help me kill you

richardya

Hello,

I am a Shadow and a GS Alt.

Can someone link the two main stuns you use, one is out of combat/stealth. I need to determine how best to counter. My biggest weakness as a player is popping my breaker at the wrong time. I need to know if I should pop it immediately when you put the electric knife in me or the 2nd one.

PS, the reason the two most complained about classes are ops and sorcs:

The damage comes when stunned or slowed with a cool graphic, it sounds stupid but trust me, it's frustrating it makes you feel helpless. I bet if they changed the graphic people would complain less. Sounds stupid but it's true. If it did three times the damage it does now but they could swing their lightsabers they wouldn't complain.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/eEqrPpt/hidden-strike with http://www.torhead.com/ability/hfeivpg/jarring-strike is the Opener.

Note that this stun does not last long, but it is where loads of damage is coming from. You can't really avoid it, unless you see the Operative through Stealth.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/avfFa1u/debilitate is the standard issue stun.

The damage comes when stunned or slowed with a cool graphic

Actually - agree. I can't take stone-throwing Sages serious for a second, but get annoyed over Force Lightning all the time, even though it is the same, just with different graphics.;P

http://www.torhead.com/ability/gWKHNkb/sleep-dart is the out-of-combat / from stealth one. Not sure how often you'd be hit with this though.

And finally: http://www.torhead.com/ability/fT8pWgj/flash-grenade which breaks if any damage is dealt to you, but is useful because it hits multiple people or if you're waiting on a CD.

Those also trick players into breaking their breaker, always see if damage is being done, if not don't break it, we (Shadows) have mind maze and I use it just so people waste their breaker.

The damage comes when stunned or slowed with a cool graphic...

There is rationality in this comment that makes me want to tell you to ****. Just sayin'.

;)

It's true, though. The game graphics/animations play some great mind games on people.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/gWKHNkb/sleep-dart is the out-of-combat / from stealth one. Not sure how often you'd be hit with this though.

Can be used when defending or attacking a point in Civil War or Voidstar to force the enemy to blow their CC breaker. They don't have a choice- either they use it or stand there like an idiot for a full minute.

It's true, though. The game graphics/animations play some great mind games on people.

Speaking of graphics and mind games, I had it pointed out to me that Orbital Strike can function as a ranged pseudo-interrupt. The big aoe symbol with the three beams is an intimidating graphic that tells people they absolutely do NOT want to be there when the beams converge. They will often move early, which allows you to cancel the cast and preserve the cooldown.

Can be used when defending or attacking a point in Civil War or Voidstar to force the enemy to blow their CC breaker. They don't have a choice- either they use it or stand there like an idiot for a full minute.

I don't believe it's a full minute for players, but it's still a long time in terms of PvP. 10 seconds-ish?

Speaking of graphics and mind games, I had it pointed out to me that Orbital Strike can function as a ranged pseudo-interrupt. The big aoe symbol with the three beams is an intimidating graphic that tells people they absolutely do NOT want to be there when the beams converge. They will often move early, which allows you to cancel the cast and preserve the cooldown.

There was discussion about OS (and other "useless abilities") in another thread somewhere and it was pointed out that it's a great area denial tool for the same reason. You don't necessarily even have to complete casting it. People hear the sound or see the animation and they scatter.

Easy counter to the stunlock, don't waste your CC breaker on the initial opener- you're only going to be laying on your face for less than 2 seconds and with the lowered surge and decreased acid blade you're not going to lose that much health in that time.

As a non-concealment oper, I took hidden strike off my toolbar, it does stupidly low damage compared to backstab (HS = 800-1300 damage vs backstab's 1100-1400), hidden strike is heavily boosted by concealment talents.

Easy counter to the stunlock, don't waste your CC breaker on the initial opener- you're only going to be laying on your face for less than 2 seconds and with the lowered surge and decreased acid blade you're not going to lose that much health in that time.

As a non-concealment oper, I took hidden strike off my toolbar, it does stupidly low damage compared to backstab (HS = 800-1300 damage vs backstab's 1100-1400), hidden strike is heavily boosted by concealment talents.

Are you even level 50? My Hidden Strike does a lot more damage than backstab and I'm medic spec with 0 points in Concealment.

1450~ Backstab ; 1870~ Hidden Strike - That is straight from the tooltips

Hidden Strike also gives a Tactical Advantage stack.

so you do BS + BS out of stealth then? Erm ok... even as non coneal, you should use it, because everything has a CD on our moves.

Are you even level 50? My Hidden Strike does a lot more damage than backstab and I'm medic spec with 0 points in Concealment.

1450~ Backstab ; 1870~ Hidden Strike - That is straight from the tooltips

Hidden Strike also gives a Tactical Advantage stack.

Untalented HS without Ab hits like a wet noodle against anything shielded, guarded, or otherwise protected... even if by tissue paper.

The numbers look great. Then you start subtracting armor, sheilds, expertise, etc.... suddenly the number goes from 1870 to 800.

Untalented HS without Ab hits like a wet noodle against anything shielded, guarded, or otherwise protected... even if by tissue paper.

The numbers look great. Then you start subtracting armor, sheilds, expertise, etc.... suddenly the number goes from 1870 to 800.

Yeah... but that should affects Backstab equally, so HS would still be stronger.

Unless I missed something important...

Edited by OniGanon