Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

as we all know the warzone pvp system is completely unbalanced. the "bolster" icon is pretty much a lie. play a lvl 10 against a lvl 49 in a warzone and you will never win.

I see this complaint pretty much every day. im also one of the players complaining about it regularly.

the real pvp question is, has been, and always will be the following:

when -- in a warzone -- is a lvl 10 going to have as equal a chance to win a 1v1 fight as a lvl 49 does?

if this comes across as me being upset thats because, as someone paying to play this game, i am upset. i read the bolster icon every time i go into a warzone knowing what it says just isnt true.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi is there any plans to have charecter Joint Banks? (so i could keep all my crafting mats in one place, and not have to toon hop to swap mats about). Maybe this could be part of the Legacy Plot IE: once you get your legacy you get 10 slots and as you lvl up you unlock more slots in ypour Legacy bank.

Cheers

Item Modifications - Enhancements: Are there any plans to give greater choice/variety in terms of Enchancements?

Background: As it is right now, the devs chose to frontload most enhancements with accuracy, which is a nearly useless stat. The other alternative seems to be crit/surge or power/surge, with surge ALWAYS being the dominant stat. Given the nerf, it is also another dislike stat after a certain point. So being the dominant stat is even worse. Will we ever see something like crit/power or something with surge NOT being the dominant stat when combined with crit or power?

Why is it that I can't choose which warzone I want, but instead have to be thrust into whatever wz is ready? I highly dislike huttball and would never play it if possible. Also, when is there going to be a new warzone.

It might be my slow pc, but I'm still having trouble seeing a speeder after I die in ACW. I can hit CTRL+U four times and still not see a speeder. Can you add a lift or something? Very frustrating.

As a Scoundrel Scrapper Stealth needs to be fixed as it is broken in so many ways.

Standing in Teral V the Robot boss has the 3 guys in the party standing in front of him less then 40 meters away.

Meanwhile as a Scrapper I have to stand 80 METERS AWAY WHILE IN STEALTH?

When the Tank takes aggro then I can move behind the boss in a long STEALTHED run to get behind him for my Relic and Shoot First then Flyby nuke.

Clearly this is a huge hit on the signature ability of the Scrapper and is unfair in PVE.

Please set the Stealth Detection to the same range as the rest of the party.

What are the chances of you introducing more choice on the type of weapon you wield?

There is literally zero weapon choice in this game and it stinks. How your class plays should be and is the no. 1 priority when choosing a class to play, so don't say "if you want to use 2 lightsabers you roll a different class". That is a complete cop out of an answer.

You clearly care about individual looks, as evidenced by the fact that you are making purple gear fully moddable, so surely something purely cosmetic like weapon style should be aligned with your goals?

Edited by Wazooty

When can we expect to see and update or fix applied to the Codex? Many of the entries, especially titles, are bugged and/or missing, and I would like to either be able to find them all or have the codex fixed to reflect the lessened number of attainable entries.

Wondering if there are plans to add Macro support, and if there will be restrictions on macros also.

coming from "That other Game", macro support was a wonderful thing. Click through bindings for healers is a real quality of life thing. However, restrictions, like where added on that other game, would be a must have. I would have to say that placing a Global Cool down macro restriction is really the only way to go.

This is currently not a huge deal, but it would make raids a lot easier, and such.

Thanks for the opportunity to be able to post questions and such!

Darth Laurynn

Evil League of Evil

Hand of Darth Badhorse

Are there any plans in the works to get Marauder some more sith-like (force user) armors/robes? I know a large portion of Sith Marauders are upset with the current array of choice, as it makes us look more like the Emperor's Guard than an actual Sith. Marauder is also the only force using class in the game that doesn't have a multitude of robes.

Is there anything being done to handle the FPS problem that many people are having (per the number of threads) on lower end computers? There is a reason that you can go to preferences and select low for your graphic quality. It's to accommodate those who do not have money to spend on a high end PC. There are many "fixes" for this (none of which work, again per the threads) but I am wondering if Bioware/EA is admitting that there is an issue? If so, what are your plans and is there an ETA?

Dear bioware, eternity vault and karaggas palace have been verry easy on all difficultys on both 8 and 16 man. Do you have any plans to make the raids more of a challenge in the upcomming tiers? Normal and hardmode could stay easy but will you make nightmare a pain in the ***? ;)

Again the big question for me is with people pretty much refusing to do group runs while leveling due to the idea of taking the time to run to a 'run' just to find it a bad group.

Looking for Group function would help so much server/multiple server wide searches would help this ALOT. I find myself leveling alone rather than deal with the possibility of bad group runs til I hit 50 with one of my two mains. (Republic or Imperial)

Are there any plans to introduce new high level gear sets that actually look good?

I recently hit 50 on my BH Merc, and was severely disappointed when I saw the armor sets available to me. They look so ridiculous that I feel compelled to use lower level gear that looks passably decent instead. Fins/Ridges on top of the helmet... sticks coming out of the back... I'd look like the Power Rangers villain-of-the-week, only more ridiculous.

When is the ability to add offline friends to your friend list gonna be fixed? This is an MMO after all and to get a warning saying " " doesn't exist if your friend is not online is maddening . Stopping play once or twice every hour to try an add your friends toon name to see if they're online yet is silly in my opinion.

Is there any intention to merge servers to help with population issues? My 'home' server started at a good, healthy population, but has since seen a decline. I am finding it tough to find groups for Flashpoints and Heroics. Maybe if there's a LFG tool implemented, what if it was cross-realm?