Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your plans to correct the effective trade imbalance for biochem and non-biochem raiders? Currently, over a two hour OP, a non biochem will spend 20k for 1 two hour stim + 30k for medpacs (90 sec CD - 30 uses at 1k a piece) + 200-400k for adrenals (3 minute CD - 10 to 20 uses at 20k a piece) for a total of 250k to 450k. This differnce in raid expenses is far more unbalanced than the stat differcne of the old rakata items.

I miss that in this mmorpg. Underwater Zones, with creepy and weird creatures, ruins of old cities.... I loved that in another mmorpg I played.

Wouldnt be great to be able to dive to the depths of a lake and discover a hidden city? Im thinking in Otoh Gunga now. Or just to be able to dive at all in any lake, river or sea!

So my question is

Will be there underwater zones and the possibility to dive in the game?

What if anything is going to be done about the imbalances in the factions. While this is not as much of an issue on non pvp servers it dramatically effects game play on PVP servers.

Will there be cross faction transfers?

What plans might be in the works to attempt to equal the playing field such as reducing the number of kills needed on the low pop side and increasing their valor rewards?

Can we expect to have the ability to go back to the last page of the character creation screen to recustomize our already created characters & companions within the next 4 months?

Hairstyles, hair color, complexion, cosmetics, jewelry, etc

If not within the next 4 months can we get an estimate, and more importantly- is this even in the radar? Every time I've seen this question brought up it gets funneled into hoods up/down topic.

This is not about hoods, armor or gear: this is about shaving a goatee, changing tattoos or makeup. This is incredibly important to many of us who have abandoned several characters mid leveling because we need to change how they, and our humanoid playable species companion's look.

Thanks

Server Group Forums

Possible to let each server have its own section instead of grouping several into one?

Found it super helpful in SWG to have your own so you could develop a better sense of community within your own server.

Edited by Ofodo

Are there plans to add more incentives for doing flashpoints and operations vs PVP?

Most people I play with feel getting pvp gear is faster and easier then doing pve content and we are missing all this great content because I cannot get others to get interested. This is the main reason people say they are quiting because there is "nothing to do" when there are tons of things to do, but PVP makes gearing up too easy vs the other activities.

Edited by Zhaze

I have recently discovered space combat to be most enjoyable. Between the objectives and my companion's comments I really enjoy them. However, holding down my left mouse button for 3 minutes or more gets bothersome. Would it be possible to have a toggle format for auto-fire? Or, can the shoot for space combat be made availabe for keybindings?

A few things have been slowly becoming standard in the MMORPG world, the first thing I notice about an MMO, for immersive purposes, is whether or it has a Day & Night/time cycle. This would not take away from the feel or iconic weight of a planet, but would rather intensify the unique feel for each individual one. Are there any plans or tiniest of hopes to ever implement this in swtor?

I would like to know how/if companions will be involved in the legacy system.

For example could we designate a companion as the parent of one of our characters?

Or perhaps could we gain access to unique companions based on the family tree?

many of us are still awaiting word about the same-gender romance options promised us by the developers. Can we get an update on that? In the previous Q A thread, there was at least 1 question about this per page -we'd really appreciate an answer.

Could we please get the tooltips for abilities to state very clearly what type of damage it does. (Weapon, Melee, Range, Kinetic, Energy, ETC) The current way is very confusing. Some abilitys dont even list a type, they just say "damage"

My favorite type class in any game was a utility class. Such as debuffs/buffs or resource management that made them necessary in raids and a huge bonus when played well and coordinated with others. Now it seems each class has maybe 1 or 2 skills to help a ops group. Are there plans or even just ideas for implementing a utility class further down the line?