Cheating Healers in Warzones

Alloha

Man there is a lot of stupidity in this thread. First you cant remove self healing for the medal what about the people who are legitimately healing themselves should they lose out because of this.

2nd if you see someone doing it just heal them. I sit in civil war and when no one is attacking me get the guys around me to heal me while I sacrifice. Its win win for everyone.

Trying to understand why people are crying about this.

A sorcerer getting medals doesn't preclude you from getting your medals.

If they are using consumption to farm healing medals, they're doing nothing to benefit the team and you should be happy about it if you're on the opposing team.

Numbers don't mean jack ****, and quit ************ about it.

Also it is very easy for other healers to get their 2.5K + 5K medals right at the start as well. Remove all gears while you're in the waiting area, and put it all back on when the game is about to start. You'll be at ~50% HP and just heal yourself out of combat.

Normally sorcerers don't even use consumption to farm healing, because people take enough damage for them to heal. It would incredibly dumb to use consumption for self heal when you can use those GCDs to heal someone else.

Sorcerers usually consumption farm when they are stuck defending a node. This is just their way to not get completed shafted on medals.

Once again, them getting 2 more medals doesn't preclude you from getting the medals you deserve. Do your own thing, get your own medals, and stop crying.

Taking self heals off the healcounter for the warzone would mean i never get close to 300k healing, because i usually get focused when i'm spotted healing... and have to keep myself up

As for "doing it to stay alive, DPS classes don't have that option," well I don't have the option to kill the person attacking me because I hit softer than a wet noodle.

And if healing medals were set up better, i wouldn't have to use consumption to cheese 300k!! 300k is usually my FIFTH medal!!! OMG OMG NERF PLEASE!!!!

Then Bioware should probably increase the contribution awarded for healing in WZs to 150% or 200% vs the same amount of dmg done in a WZ. That would be good because it would encourage healers to heal their team. Healers risking getting scoundreled while trying to earn a couple medals jeopardizes whatever objective their near and means that class isn't doing it's job.

I'm a sorc. I've done it but it's really stupid. It's tactically unwise to lower your health unless you truly need that amount of Force you'll gain in order to kill a guy or heal an ally.

Having a medals system that rewards healers solo healing themselves and ignoring their party, jeopardizing both their own life and nearby objectives and teammates is not what we should consider behavior we want to incentivise.

Edited by Jarvus

They should remove self heals from medal counts and total healing numbers.

Insane much? That equals a world without healers. I selfheal becouse I get focused imidiately after the opposing team realizes im a healer. I get focused on sight after that. I could just stand there and die but I rather keep the 3 to 5 dps bussy with me as long as I can so you dps are free to do your hitting and get double the medals I get. Lets just skip to the next ridiculious thread shall we?

Stronger how? In the numbers game? Yeah, maybe.

Dealing with focused damage? We crumble like a wet paper bag...

You should crumble like a wet paper bag when focused....learn to play with a team that works together to protect you. Let me guess you think you should be able to withstand 5 people beating on you and live through it? Please.

Indeed. I will agree that sorcerer has the most tools to deal with any situation. But we cannot focus heal like other healers.

Watching a heals Mercenary in their glorious heavy armor mitigating loads of damage, running the Huttball through fire and lolling, it makes me feel weak as a single target healer. We are very squishy compared to other healing classes. It's a tradeoff I knew when I picked the class.

You never played Sawbone smuggler we dont have your cc and are way more squishy than your class.

You should crumble like a wet paper bag when focused....learn to play with a team that works together to protect you. Let me guess you think you should be able to withstand 5 people beating on you and live through it? Please.

I think you miss understood. That wasn't a whine, it was a reply to someone who claimed Sage was the strongest healer, and it was a good one.

We're good dishing out numbers, but once focused by two players who knows how, and which spells to interrupt + slow/stun/pull when we're trying to sprint our survivability isn't that great.

It's a trade off I'm willing to take.

They should remove self heals from medal counts and total healing numbers.

Yah, and then say good bye to heal in anything but premades, hope you like that because that will be the result, i know if this happens ill spec pure dps.

You might say you don't care im just a exploiter but fact is, about 3 out of 20 Warzones i do, i don't get gaurded, often the others don't even care about protecting their healers, so if im gonna spend 40-50% time keeping myself alive, and rest healing team and then get a ****** set of medals, if i can not get healing bonuses for healing myself.

Then sorry but kiss your heals goodbye.

Edited by Barzarel

Yah, and then say good bye to heal in anything but premades, hope you like that because that will be the result, i know if this happens ill spec pure dps.

You might say you don't care im just a exploiter but fact is, about 3 out of 20 Warzones i do, i don't get gaurded, often the others don't even care about protecting their healers, so if im gonna spend 40-50% time keeping myself alive, and rest healing team and then get a ****** set of medals, if i can not get healing bonuses for healing myself.

Then sorry but kiss your heals goodbye.

Quoted for truth. A dead healer heals nobody. Why punish healers for keeping themselves alive long enough for their idiot pugs to realize they need peels so that they can help everyone else?

Only place I've ever done this or seen people do this is Alderaan- on the side turret if it's not being hit. Huttball and VS are too frantic and it'd be honestly dumb to do it when you can just go heal people in fights. In Ald though, if you're doing nothing alone at that turret, you're doing a vital job, yet getting shafted hard for medals- might as well gain 2 or 3 medals in the meantime.