shockbroken water

Vakyoom

Anytime I get a negative debuff applied to my character, I just right-click it. Working as intended right?

Actually you can't.

But you could with the water.

But even better, they removed the heal medals from using medpacks in warzones. Water still gives non-healing classes healing medals. Must be working as intended. I don't know about everyone else, but I hate having to use situational awareness. Waiting those horrid 15 seconds or so to regen fully after a fight. It's like, what gives? Does Bioware really expect us to have the mental capacity for something this difficult?

People use to get medals for using medpacs? I've been playing since launch and have never got a medal for using a medpac.

I did not know about this. That totally bursts my bubble about how they should look into making warzone / rakata medpacs provide players with medals then.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can get a gun and start shooting people as well.

Do that excuse the ones who actually go and do it?

Its same case here, massive exploit was fixed, exploiter is buthurt.

Nothing more needs to be said, move on and if you want heals bring a healer, if you want healing medals roll a healer.

ha **** duuude you're comparing apples and pick-up trucks man... get your sh*t together lol.

oi, either way the exploit you're talking about isn't even removed, just one use per item... it's just like using a single-shot pistol instead of a revolver, right?? that's using your bass-ackwards analogy buddy, you're a smart one.

as i said, i'll go back to waiting 25 sec to get out of combat, then 15 sec for channel hatred to get me back to full health and back in the game, but it was nice to not have to wait even longer to get back in the fight and pick up extra valor.

But no, you'd rather have people pick up extra valor by taking all their gear off and self healing instead of actually playing. That makes more sense to leave alone instead of doing this to the water. They should've just removed the heal altogether but i guess it's used for a recipe isn't it...

plus they'd rather have it glitch out and not heal me for it's single use, instilling even more fun to the situation, amirite?!

These topics show that there are people who will argue for any broken mechanic as long as they benefit from it.

Do you really think a non-consumable *quest* item that heals for 50% instantly out of combat isn't too good? Not to mention the two free medals it gave, one of which is difficult for even healers to obtain.

Just because everyone could benefit from it doesn't mean it isn't broken.

These topics show that nobody can read.

80% of the responses on this thread didn't bother to read or consider what the OP was saying.

He is saying the nerf to Shockfrozen Water was NEEDED, just they went OVERBOARD. Which is 100% true.

Instead of fixing the problem, they made ShockFrozen water completely useless. Lets take PvP out of the equation, it is now also useless in PvE. There is no scenario that makes it worth it to spend the time to gain the item, especially since you cannot stack them.

What the OP is saying is that there are ALTERNATE ways the ShockFrozen Water could have been nerffed that would have been better like making it unusable in stealth or even unusable when flagged for PvP. This would still allow the Item to be useful outside of PvP while alleviating issues with it's abuse in PvP.

None of you guys ever read...ever.

LEARN TO READ!

I quoted your OP and definitely read it. I also provided a possible solution Bioware should look into concerning the Warzone & Rakata Medpacs as they heal for a lot and do not provide any of the medals the Pure Shockfrozen Water did.

Making it so it doesn't work in stealth is probably a lot more difficult to do than you think. Making it a 1 time use I would imagine is a lot easier to do than you might think.

The reason I say that is they have claimed to have fixed issues in their patch notes like say for example the not getting credit for a win bug ... that has been mentioned in their patch notes before and the bug still existed for a time. So this goes to show you that they can 'fix something' and test it and then put it on the live servers only to find out it is still not working as intended.

Which brings us back to why they made the water thingy a 1 time use. Why bother trying to code it so that you cannot use it in stealth? when you could just make the Warzone / Rakata Medpacs provide players with the same medals .... making the item a 1 time use is step 1 in my opinion. They need to follow up by enabling the Warzone / Rakata Medpacs to provide players with healing medals if they are in fact healing themselves for the required amount.

You're clearly so worked up over 2 medals Bioware has taken away from your warzones ... its not that bad.

2 medals? no its not worth posting over two medals. i've said it before, it was the re-entry time into combat.

And coding uses requirements for things to happen. So they could require you to not be stealthed in order to use the water. Or just take the heal away altogether, since it doesnt even say that it does it.

Not saying anything about it on the patch notes + changing it in a really inefficient way was awful. Now even the artificers have to make multiple trips between planets for their special color crystals.

It was just done poorly, as are most split second, un-tested, community driven decisions that developer teams do all the time.

edit- TO THE GUY ABOVE ME: thank you, someone finally understand/reads words. bravo :)

Edited by Vakyoom

TOR is a team game. Not your ultimate duel fest.

Again, want heals, bring a healer, want healing medals, roll a healer.

Now, let it sink....

Instead of fixing the problem, they made ShockFrozen water completely useless. Lets take PvP out of the equation, it is now also useless in PvE. There is no scenario that makes it worth it to spend the time to gain the item, especially since you cannot stack them.

Do you even have idea what its real use is? Its still useful for ITS INTENDED PURPOSE.

Let me give you a hint: its not for free instant healing on WZ on 10s CD.

Edited by Lerdoc

Does it still work for its intended purpose? Yes.

Does it still work for its unintended and exploited purpose? No.

The problem is solved, or maybe I just didn't realize how many people were attempting to make light red colored crystals in Warzones. You already have abilities to recoup health+energy out of combat. You don't need a massive burst heal, or easy access to healing medals even BM healers have to use every trick to get.

Stop trying to justify combat artificing. It was stupid. Roll or support your local healers.

Edited by SheepishOne

TOR is a team game. Not your ultimate duel fest.

Again, want heals, bring a healer, want healing medals, roll a healer.

Now, let it sink....

you read the least out of all of them dude, i always que with a healer ha. But if i'm out of combat and they're dead, blah blah blah, it would be easier to wait the painstakingly long duration to drop from combat, then use the water to cut time shorter. Which, again, any class can do... even the healers who were low health and don't want to waste resources...

And it's never been about the medals, why can't it read?! why can't i get it to read?!?!

you're like the Human CentiPad...

The problem is solved, or I maybe I just didn't realize how many people were attempting to make light red colored crystals in Warzones. You already have abilities to recoup health+energy out of combat. You don't need a massive burst heal, or easy access to healing medals even BM healers have to use every trick to get.

Stop trying to justify combat artificing. It was stupid. Roll or support your local healers.

lol love that last line, roll or support your local healers.

people still not reading... it'll never stop.

The problem is solved, or I maybe I just didn't realize how many people were attempting to make light red colored crystals in Warzones. You already have abilities to recoup health+energy out of combat. You don't need a massive burst heal, or easy access to healing medals even BM healers have to use every trick to get.

Selfish! I've healed with you. :D And yeah, 100% agreed on this point. It was always supposed to be used for getting a Magenta crystal. Nothing more. I don't know why they made it heal in the first place.

It's available to everyone, yes, but that's not the point. It benefits tanks and DPSers more, because it allows them to get medals that were meant for healers. There's no item healers can use to get 5K damage or 5K protection in one shot to even out the medal count...and frankly, healers have the hardest time getting medals in the first place.

There's a reason that the out of combat heal takes 15 seconds to channel. You're not SUPPOSED to instantly recover your health out of combat.

Edited by raelimar

People use to get medals for using medpacs? I've been playing since launch and have never got a medal for using a medpac.

I did not know about this. That totally bursts my bubble about how they should look into making warzone / rakata medpacs provide players with medals then.

Yes you could get medals from using medpacks, but that has been removed some time ago. It was all the more reason why Biochem was the only choice for PVP, which Bioware is adamant on trying to wean us from.

you read the least out of all of them dude, i always que with a healer ha. But if i'm out of combat and they're dead, blah blah blah, it would be easier to wait the painstakingly long duration to drop from combat, then use the water to cut time shorter. Which, again, any class can do... even the healers who were low health and don't want to waste resources...

And it's never been about the medals, why can't it read?! why can't i get it to read?!?!

you're like the Human CentiPad...

Because I don't have to read excuses by someone defending obvious exploit, regardless of how well thought out and logical they are, exploit is an exploit, they found one, they fixed one, the only people upset about it are exploiters like you, period.

Also, ever occurred to you that not everything needs to be "easier" for you?

Play how you are supposed to or go to WoW, QQ on their forums threatening you will cancel your sub and have whatever you want included in next patch.

Edited by Lerdoc

Selfish! I've healed with you. :D And yeah, 100% agreed on this point. It was always supposed to be used for getting a Magenta crystal. Nothing more. I don't know why they made it heal in the first place.

It's available to everyone, yes, but that's not the point. It benefits tanks and DPSers more, because it allows them to get medals that were meant for healers. There's no item healers can use to get 5K damage or 5K protection in one shot to even out the medal count...and frankly, healers have the hardest time getting medals in the first place.

There's a reason that the out of combat heal takes 15 seconds to channel. You're not SUPPOSED to instantly recover your health out of combat.

oh right, so the fact that healers could use it out of combat and get those 2 medals just as easily isn't fair, i forgot... If healers stay with the ball carrier, on their turret or by their door they'd get defender points too, which i see good healers do very often. Tanks still get the most medals, since they get 1k, 3k and 10k absorb medals... If they wanted to fix medals, they'd stop tanks from getting 12+ per warzone. i can get 8-9 if i had the water and i'm not just going for medals since i actually try and win the warzones, medals just prove you can sit and spam buttons.

Again, this isn't about medals for me but since you clowns keep bringing it up i guess you see it that way don't you? If they wanted to change the medals they'd keep the heal from happening at all but they haven't. I could still go out and wait on hoth all day if i wanted medals. i liked the utility and the fact that i could use it anywhere, pve was certainly useful.

They needed to change this item, yes. But they changed it wrong, it's just stupid to have it one time use but still give the heal people cried about so much. None of it makes sense to those of us who think logically, with our brains and not with wooden sticks.

If they bring Shockfrozen Water back, might as well add a 50% heal to vanish.

they didn't change the fact that ops/ssins can still use this item... just the fact that they can't use it more than once per wz... It's not a real fix, it's a side-ways lazy-*** fix... that's the problem.

Edited by Vakyoom

And it's never been about the medals

It really doesn't matter what is was to you. It was not working as intended, giving healing medals to non-healers which Bioware has already shown us they wanted to discontinue. Whether you just wanted the heal, the medals, or both is not relevant.

It was a broken, reusable non-reusable, right-click off-the-debuff, joke of an item. To which people were taking advantage.

Why anyone can honestly say in good faith it should even exist is beyond me. It takes 15 seconds to regen. I'm sorry you don't want there to be ANY penalty for using resources and taking damage during a fight, but it doesn't belong in the warzones or in Open world PVP.

The item shouldn't even exist.

As for your "can't use in stealth".

Okay, Vanish, LOS, break stealth, heal, right click debuff, heal, stealth profit. Still equates to easy mode.

Edited by Ethurian

but they STILL didn't fix the problem you're complaining about. They just made it usable once per warzone.

They should've made the hydrated buff so you couldn't r-click it off... Or anything other than what they did.

It was a bad fix, end of story. Do it better bioware, you know how.

Edited by Vakyoom

QQ

Seriously?

Why do people find it is necessary to run to the forums and QQ when broken game mechanics are fixed? Honestly they should have just made it so that it didn't heal anyone at all, and was only usable as a token item to get the color crystal., is it really needed for anything else? No not really, there are plenty of items availible in the game that heal you, Biochem heals and Warzone healing stims for example. OP if you want sympathy you can find it in the dictionary.

Seriously?

Why do people find it is necessary to run to the forums and QQ when broken game mechanics are fixed? Honestly they should have just made it so that it didn't heal anyone at all, and was only usable as a token item to get the color crystal., is it really needed for anything else? No not really, there are plenty of items availible in the game that heal you, Biochem heals and Warzone healing stims for example. OP if you want sympathy you can find it in the dictionary.

for a guild leader i sure hope you would've read before blidnly posting...

This isn't a fix. It's a fail. Fix it for real, cuz it's still doing the thing people are complaining about, just less often.

but they STILL didn't fix the problem you're complaining about. They just made it usable once per warzone.

They should've made the hydrated buff so you couldn't r-click it off... Or anything other than what they did.

It was a bad fix, end of story. Do it better bioware, you know how.

This I agree with. It's a stupid fix. People can still use it.

This isn't a fix. It's a fail. Fix it for real, cuz it's still doing the thing people are complaining about, just less often.

Thats your opinion, most in this thread dont give a damn

I agree. Fix it completely so that people can't get a 5K heal medal with an item. Real healers have to work their asses off to hit a 5K heal.

Edited by raelimar