Cover should NOT block LOS for charge

Anatlos

signed

cover restricting charge is ridiculous from a melee dps point of view, especially in huttball

How about a tradeoff then, hmm? We lose charge protection but gain 100% armor and defense/shield/deflect penetration while in cover.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a tradeoff then, hmm? We lose charge protection but gain 100% armor and defense/shield/deflect penetration while in cover.

The irony here is just how clueless you are about your own class.

Any SW/JK would take that tradeoff in a heartbeat...

As soon as they charge you, you'd lose cover. :rolleyes:

The irony here is just how clueless you are about your own class.

Any SW/JK would take that tradeoff in a heartbeat...

As soon as they charge you, you'd lose cover. :rolleyes:

You think there are no tools to deal with them if they do? Who's the clueless here? And yes, please give me unmitigated damage while in cover as charges don't bother me even on my alts.

Why would you need a charge? Its not like a sniper is going anywhere when they are in cover. They already have no mobility, so why should they make it easier to close with than it already is? Snipers/Gunslingers are super squishy and have next to no mobility, do the math. This is not to say we are underpowered, but we live off proper positioning and making it hard to close with us, which is hard enough as is without a slow. Not to mention, with the way immobilize works with cover atm charge is practically a hard stun for the marksman tree.

I don't need to spend more time hitting like a wet noodle(aka overload shot) than I already do. Thanks but no thanks.

That sounds perfectly fair. You guys can be totally immune to every attack we have while... oh wait...

Because everyone knows that Warriors shoot bullets out of their lightsabers and are perfectly capable of attacking a sniper who's raining down 2.5-3k+ damage shots until they can run up to them, meaning we don't need charge.... oh wait...

You're already essentially immune to our attacks from far away, and as you pointed out in your next post, you have PLENTY of tools to get BACK into cover and plant us in one spot long enough to riddle us full of holes.

Why would you need a charge? Its not like a sniper is going anywhere when they are in cover. They already have no mobility, so why should they make it easier to close with than it already is? Snipers/Gunslingers are super squishy and have next to no mobility, do the math. This is not to say we are underpowered, but we live off proper positioning and making it hard to close with us, which is hard enough as is without a slow. Not to mention, with the way immobilize works with cover atm charge is practically a hard stun for the marksman tree.

I don't need to spend more time hitting like a wet noodle(aka overload shot) than I already do. Thanks but no thanks.

Any time we're rooted outside of 4 meters is essentially a hard stun for a melee character. You CAN root, whether it lasts till the cows come home is a different story.

just... learn to play already... I usually ignore a jugg/guardian in pvp since my dmg is gimped if I attack them.. in huttball, there are so many places you can just LoS the sniper and make him feel that he just wasted a defensive cd.

stop thinking only about you yourself..

I propose the following change. You can charge me in cover, but ALL of my sniper attacks are now converted to tech attacks and no longer subject to the full mitigation they are now. If we are going to die that much easier, we should get the trade off of being able to hit without the deflect/dodge and without the extra mitigation that comes with mostly doing white damage.

Here is an idea:

When you see a sniper in cover getting ready to take your head off with a 2.5-3.5 second cast, maybe you shouldn't run straight at them and instead hide behind something. They can't shoot what they can't see for the same reason you can't charge them when they are hiding BEHIND something.

You're complaining that a class is too powerful when its back is turned to you.

..... if only there was another way to move towards a stationary target that's oblivious to your position. It's too bad you can't just like... walk to them or something.

Here is an idea:

When you see a sniper in cover getting ready to take your head off with a 2.5-3.5 second cast, maybe you shouldn't run straight at them and instead hide behind something. They can't shoot what they can't see for the same reason you can't charge them when they are hiding BEHIND something.

Remember.. his problem isn't with snipers that are attacking him. He's having trouble with the ones that don't know he's there... ..... .... ...

There are alot of things you can do to get them our of cover, i play a 50 sith warrior and i do most of these.

Force push: Out of cover now and i charge problem solved.

Force choke (depending on range): our of cover problem solved

Obliterate: Doesnt block that problem solved

Foolproof: LOS, just go los **** killing them on their terms make them come to you. if they dont come find a new target. Worse come to worse LoS and find away around to them stop complaining because somone killed you and you dont like it everyone dies at some point deal with it.

I play both sniper and sith warrior, look them up Darksavior on sword of ajunta paul and Darksavior on Canerus ordo.

You're not hiding behind the wall if they're behind you. The whole mechanic doesn't work the way it should.

Immunity to Charge means you guys have a staggering advantage over 25% of the available classes. Without getting into melee range (which you can knock us right back out of, root us, stun us, move, then root us again), we can do NOTHING at all.

And finally, I'd just toss the grenade to the side of the wall, as the blast radius would still get you.

Congratulations you've discovered what is called a hard counter. They exist for every class. Now get back out there and keep getting shot to death while you spam Charge and rage because you go nowhere.