The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This game has broken my heart.

Wanagi

You're not one of those dudes that plays female toons are you?

Funny how there hasn't been anyone trumpeting "Can't wait for GW2!" now that they announced the game will only be console. lawl

Honestly...where are people going to go? We have all played the other MMOs already. Diablo 3 doesn't even care a lick about PvP. Titan looks to be legit, but isn't going to hit until 2014. I really want to know the answer because I'm all out of MMOs to play.

What are gabbling about? Just because GW2 is coming to console doesn't mean it's going to be console only.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how there hasn't been anyone trumpeting "Can't wait for GW2!" now that they announced the game will only be console. lawl

Why is it fanbois NEVER have their facts straight... ever.

GW2 is a PC-first title. They are making a console version. You fail.

Edited by Mannic

I heard of this for the first time today and went to their website, it almost looks too good to be true. So I will have to hold my judgement, I think I am going to pre-order the CE tomorrow and see how BETA is.

I will be shocked if Tera doesn't die under an injunction before it's born and I think anyone who pre-orders it is insane.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/tera/news/ncsoft-sues-bluehole-studio-seeking-tera-injunction-for-alleged-theft

Sadly in this day and age people don't wait till it gets better because there's plenty other options out there even without paying a premium AAA subscription. Maybe 10 years ago it would have been a long lasting game.

This

10 years ago, the genre was small and had little competition, little precedence. Now, the market is flooded. And a lot of the competition are adopting hybrid FP2 subscription models which make getting into an MMO as easy and friendly as ever. After I saw all TOR had to offer, I was able to go back to LoTRO completely free and see what they've done since December. Now, I'm resubbed and enjoying new content.

Why is it fanbois NEVER have their facts straight... ever.

GW2 is a PC-first title. They are making a console version. You fail.

Not a fanboi at all! Console... hahahahaha

I'm sure you will pwn all those Halo bratz...rawr PvPer you!

Yo, but fortunately you're wrong! :)

Hold on tight to your hope. I really hope it works out for you. Played GW and it was a really fun game, but console is for vgays.

Hold on tight to your hope. I really hope it works out for you. Played GW and it was a really fun game, but console is for vgays.

Will you stop trolling now? GW2 is not console only. It is first and foremost a PC game.

FF 11 was a better MMO than TOR. And it was on the freakin' PS2.

If you are a fan of starwars, then you would say this game was a great success. I happen to think this game gave people the starwars mmo feeling they was looking for. It has lightsabers, it has Sith, it has Jedi, it has Wookies, it has pew pew lasers, it has it all for most part.

Now the standard people came with is a different story. You got people that try to compare this game to Warcraft. Wanna know where that leads in expectations?

Trolling.

Then you got people that like PvP, and expect more more more. I happen to think SWTOR is on the right track. Yes PvP needs some improving, but all in all SWTOR is doing well.

Then you got people that like PvE raiding. I think SWTOR added some flavor to raiding in SWTOR. The nightmare and hard modes do provide a challenge for guilds and pugs, and all in all is working as intended. Yes there is flaws, yes some stuff needs improved, but all in all SWTOR is on the right track.

OP, I am sorry if your expectations for SWTOR was not meant, truly am. But I do think you came in with a glare eye, and end up the short end of the stick. After reading you have shown you don't like grinds, don't like SWTOR PvP, and pretty much complain about everything endgame.

Thing that is hard for me to understand is, what did you expect after hitting 50? If you was in a guild then there is raiding, crafting, grinding, helping, making another toon, having fun in Warzones, ect even after level 50. Months worth of stuff not including trying all the things in game.

I don't understand to be honest the complaints in the first 2 months in this game. People rushed to 50, have to grind, then what you decide to call it quits? I mean the lack of effort and the lack of knowing this game is brand new, I would think people would consider having fun instead of complaining all the time.

Guess that is just me, people like me enjoy games and realize more is coming. People like me don't compare so much and realize Bioware has done a great job for their first mmo, and so far everything else.

Just weird to see more threads like these occurring over and over.

I wish you luck OP.

Sorry if I come across to you as an ignorant poster. I'm not asking for polished perfection. But when something is released before it is ready I take issue with it.

I take issue even more with Bioware's blatant lies in its advertising and pimping of this game prior to launch. Market it, hype it til the cows come home, but be honest about what it is.

Pretty much my entire guild has suddenly stopped playing in the last 2 weeks (we had about 45 active members at one point). I haven't been on in 2 days, and even then it was just to see if anyone was on. Most of them had the same thoughts as me about TOR and are now waiting on GW2.

I just have too many annoyances with the game to list, but I guess the major things for me would be every planet feeling dull, washed out, and lifeless. The higher level you get the worse the planets are. Not only that but Ilum is a sad excuse for a PvP area. Why couldn't you have done something similar to DAoC RvR like GW2 is doing?

Not only that, but the 3 options we actually have for instanced PvP are also pretty boring. I mean, they aren't even up to WoW Battlegrounds level, and Huttball is some of the worst instanced PvP I have ever seen. It's more a PvE game of pass the ball than anything else. I wanted

. That looks fun, that looks exciting. Not only that, but look at how smooth it is. Look at the abilities working when they are supposed to.

On top of all that, GW2 looks way better graphically and runs better with

Even runs better when they are spawning all
, and this video is nearly a year and a half old. It will be even better on newer hardware and with the optimizations done in the last year and a half. Edited by Ashanor

I loved the move to 50 but at 50 there was no thought process at all every game underestimates how fast people will reach 50 and this one did it by a long shot there bugs are crazy I was so happy to play starwars but the pvp is a nightmare, classes like inquisitor dominate everything and theres so many things that just have no real sence in existing. I would be surprised if the boxes that give you 15% expertise did anything honestly. Ilum is so boring its like a waist of my time to play it. The daily and weekly is the only real reason anyone even goes to it. There was no thought process in voidstar, if two really geared teams meet each other than no one goes anywhere and you just have this long 15 minute battle at the start of the wz that gets boring and dule very fast. Huttball is the only real contribution to the pvp that makes it interesting and even thats ruined by lack of fair gear progression between ilum and the republic. You just end up having the empire no matter what time of day always over power the republic and the empire is just left wandering when they will get a thrill from the fight other than just hoping for a real challenge. The pve is good but its not enough of it and after a while its to hard to find a group cause the restriction on lock out is to heavy, and lack of means to get people together is making it hard to want to keep playing. The ease of access is nice but half the time you find youreself stuck on the main ship with waiting with no real view to look at.

Your a failure, inquis. Dominate? Lmao good one, I can rip any class as a sent. And to all you other kids crying about bugs and pvp, take a look at wows launch, and 1.2 is on its way so get off of biowares nuts . NOBODY CARES if 1000 people unsub, considering its grown over 1.5mill in such a record breaking time, im going to laugh when all these ungreatful cry baby gw2 fanboys come back az fter it fails, and swtor launches 1.2 and fixes the problems, oh and TERA IS THE WORST MMO I HACE EVER PLAYED, SWTOR DESTROYS THAT CHEAP ASIAN GAME BY FAR, GG.

Guild Wars is NOT for console. It is currently only for PC and they said they may consider a console version, but if they do have one it will likely be a long time after PC release (if ever).

Your a failure, inquis. Dominate? Lmao good one, I can rip any class as a sent. And to all you other kids crying about bugs and pvp, take a look at wows launch, and 1.2 is on its way so get off of biowares nuts . NOBODY CARES if 1000 people unsub, considering its grown over 1.5mill in such a record breaking time, im going to laugh when all these ungreatful cry baby gw2 fanboys come back az fter it fails, and swtor launches 1.2 and fixes the problems, oh and TERA IS THE WORST MMO I HACE EVER PLAYED, SWTOR DESTROYS THAT CHEAP ASIAN GAME BY FAR, GG.

Not a GW2 fanboi. I can't help it if they are doing everything right. If you think GW2 is going to flop you are out of your mind. GW1 sold 6 million copies over the years and it wasn't even a true MMO. What do you think 1.2 is going to do? Is it going to fix how horrible the planet design is? Is it going to fix that Ilum is nothing but a flip the objective boring area with no siege? Is it going to suddenly make the 3 boring WZs better because they add another same faction WZ?

Edited by Ashanor

Have to agree on what most people say here, its not that Star Wars is a bad game but after 2 months playing I just get the same feeling like I had when I was quiting wow, I logged in just to talk with my guildies with no desire to play the game anymore.

Basicly Im waiting for new content and improvement on the current one and in the meantime yeah Im playing TERA.

That game has really touched me, played the Alpha and will be playing beta in the weekend, and somehow I know Ill be playing TERA for a very long time. There is something about that game, might be the combat or the ASIAN looking style, but it plays well, is visually stunning, sounds good and the live streaming that I saw (and Ive seen a lot) from the end game content looks promising both PVE and PvP wise.

For now Im giving SW TOR a break and see how it evolves in the next months

Gz

Darkdanjal

These gw2 fanboys are going to be so let down, gw was such a good game right?? NOT, you know its bad when you have to make a sequel to an MMO what a joke, oh and F2P at launch says alot about a game aswell, guild wars is a game for 12 year olds with add, its so simple its pathetic, boring after a day to a true pvper

Yea, i was really looking forward to this game myself. Bioware had a great reputation, but they just made a WoW clone that would have been outdated 5 years ago. If they spent all that money on gameplay, itemization, endgame, things to do..... instead of freaking voice acting.... MAYBE we would have a shot.

I think its a lost cause though.

GW2 and Diablo 3 are coming up though, so they better get thier act together, and improve the game dramatically, and INNOVATE, else i see F2P within the year.

Not a GW2 fanboi. I can't help it if they are doing everything right. If you think GW2 is going to flop you are out of your mind. GW1 sold 6 million copies over the years and it wasn't even a true MMO. What do you think 1.2 is going to do? Is it going to fix how horrible the planet design is? Is it going to fix that Ilum is nothing but a flip the objective boring area with no siege? Is it going to suddenly make the 3 boring WZs better because they add another same faction WZ?

2million at launch>6million over the YEARS, thanks for making swtor look even better with that statement, gw is a joke, get over it, swtor will grow and improve, EVERY MMO HAS HORRIBLE BUGS AT LAUNCH

These gw2 fanboys are going to be so let down, gw was such a good game right?? NOT, you know its bad when you have to make a sequel to an MMO what a joke, oh and F2P at launch says alot about a game aswell, guild wars is a game for 12 year olds with add, its so simple its pathetic, boring after a day to a true pvper

They are free to play because they want to be, not because they have to be. GW2 is nothing like GW1, you need to stop trolling. lol They share lore and name, that's about it.

2million at launch>6million over the YEARS, thanks for making swtor look even better with that statement, gw is a joke, get over it, swtor will grow and improve, EVERY MMO HAS HORRIBLE BUGS AT LAUNCH

Ya, think you missed the part where GW wasn't really a MMO either. Bioware has done what they have done so far based on hype, marketing, and brand power (Star Wars and Bioware). Anyway, I am not going to get drug into your petty argument. I was just pointing out things I think GW2 is doing better. Agree to disagree and get over it.

One more thing to everyone here, I do hope that you are all aware of the fact that Diablo3 at the earliest will be released in May and GW2 I say at the very best in beginning of June, there is still a lot of time before all the games that are discussed here will be released.

So I can only hope BioWare is aware of this, and either wins a lot of subscribers back and new ons by making new content and improving on the current content or its bye bye....with all the competition coming up they have the advantage now...its up to them to act.

Gz

I think the problem is that the MMORPG genre itself is just about played out now. Most people are just simply bored of this style of gaming. Just my opinion though.

Which is why I am looking to GW2. They are going against so many standard things.