Do people are about grammer in game

DragonAgeOrgins

Whenever I see a player saying "LOL l2spell" or if they are throwing insults at each other. They will laugh at the smallest thing. Let's say in general someone doesn't throw in a period at end of their sentence" ROFL" do people really find mistake like this funny. Is their sense of humor that low, or is it an attempt to get other person mad.

Its not as bad you forgetting the letter C in your title duuuuuuude!

Just kidding...but they are just nitpicking and hoping to piss the other person off....or just really bad at confrontation.

"derrrr...you hit the wrong key....HAHAH joo suck!"

I guess it annoys some people so they keep doing it.

Whenever I see a player saying "LOL l2spell" or if they are throwing insults at each other. They will laugh at the smallest thing. Let's say in general someone doesn't throw in a period at end of their sentence" ROFL" do people really find mistake like this funny. Is their sense of humor that low, or is it an attempt to get other person mad.

care*

grammar*

To answer your question: yes.

Edited by ferroz

Someone who gets it. Just look at the first page reply's more are about the spelling then the actual topic. It's actually quite interesting.

spelling is not the same as grammar

Spelling

The process or activity of writing or naming the letters of a word.

The way a word is spelled.

Grammar

The whole system and structure of a language or of languages in general, usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology (including...

A particular analysis of the system and structure of language or of a specific language.

Just admit that you failed...

Someone who gets it. Just look at the first page reply's more are about the spelling then the actual topic. It's actually quite interesting.

It's replies not reply's.

Perhaps people just like to know they're dealing with educated people and not children.

Edited by Evuke

Wut are you, a grammer not see?! :p

Calm down...don't read too much into text. I LOL to express a smile, smirk, chuckle or to show some kind of emotion. NOBODY truly thinks I'm ROLLING on the floor if I ROFL! It just means I found the comment particularly funny.

spelling is not the same as grammar

Spelling

The process or activity of writing or naming the letters of a word.

The way a word is spelled.

Grammar

The whole system and structure of a language or of languages in general, usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology (including...

A particular analysis of the system and structure of language or of a specific language.

Just admit that you failed...

This is my exact point, the whole over whelming need to "Prove" the other person has failed. By trying to either 'LOL" them into submission. Or pulling out a webster and reading word for word EXACTLY. Does it irate people so much really?

I really don't care about spelling/grammar. I understand that the purpose of language is to allow for communication. As long as we understand each other then I feel that it has served its purpose, and don't care if the spelling/grammar were perfect. On the other hand, when I see something that is totally incoherent I might point it out just to get the person to clarify their meaning. Edited by Traugar