Disable sorcerer pulls on ball carriers

KingsGambit

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And then it will just be a master focus fire for 15 minutes.

They implemented a pass feature you know?

didnt you notice in sports like soccer/basketball.. players pass the ball when the zerg is comming on them.

and the team would actually require teamwork to win not just

force pull over fire - sprint over fire - intercede on the sorc.

The problem isn't that pulls are too good per se it's that class balance in this game is atrocious in terms of huttball utility.

Basically sorcs need their utility nerfed a bit and operative/gunslinger need their utility buffed.

The biggest problem is force speed, not friendly pull. Friendly pull doesn't give you anything a good passer doesn't give you. Force speed, however, is absolutely ridiculous in huttball because it allows you to ignore fire, something no one else can do except a properly specced marauder - and even they don't get to run fast while ignoring fire.

The problem is the bubble should not stop fire dmg. I'd think that would work for me.

didnt you notice in sports like soccer/basketball.. players pass the ball when the zerg is comming on them.

because pass will matter when you move so slow you know?, oh you are going to tray to form a chain, well you better hope you do that before you 1 person who gets to the ball is chain stun killed, oh you wont be able to....

Nay! Stop making suggestions with the attempt to turn the only actually halfway strategic minigame into yet another generic pew pew arena where all that counts is who has more damage/healing. There are various awesome abilities that others classes have that do have an nearly as big impact on HB. Just to name charge, grapple/hostile pull or push.

It's fine as it is.

notably absent from your examples: agents, operatives, bounty hunters, commandos. yes its a fun zone for jugs/guardians/marauders/sages/sorc/vanguard....but its terrible for 50 percent of the player base.

People run in soccer ball carriers in huttball can't run.

because pass will matter when you move so slow you know?, oh you are going to tray to form a chain, well you better hope you do that before you 1 person who gets to the ball is chain stun killed, oh you wont be able to....

it's ok i don't except you to understand.

you probably play a sorc/jugg....

notably absent from your examples: agents, operatives, bounty hunters, commandos. yes its a fun zone for jugs/guardians/marauders/sages/sorc/vanguard....but its terrible for 50 percent of the player base.

Invis to the goal line and then get a pass score...

Harpoon/grapple ball carriers from rafters/goal platform to prevent scoring....

People run in soccer ball carriers in huttball can't run.

they can remove the actual speed debuff from the ball carrier , so he would walk/run at the same speed he would in/out of combat. But can't be pulled/can't intercede/can't leap.

the arena isnt that bag you can cross it in 4-5passes from the middle

they can remove the actual speed debuff from the ball carrier , so he would walk/run at the same speed he would in/out of combat. But can't be pulled/can't intercede/can't leap.

the arena isnt that bag you can cross it in 4-5passes from the middle

And then BH pull will be super overpowered with no counter...

I said Pull Effects.

The Pyrotech's Grapple is a Pull Effect.

you said pull. Since pull in this thread has been rescue, and the bh ability has been almost entirely named by harpoon/grapple, it would require a logical leap to make that connection..

In addition it is not just dominiated by force users, but anyone who stealths has a bigger advantage. So also need to remove that, so once you pass half way you cant stealth.

And then we are back to the stun fest that I mentioned earlier.

In other words less skill, more luck.

you said pull. Since pull in this thread has been rescue, and the bh ability has been almost entirely named by harpoon/grapple, it would require a logical leap to make that connection..

In addition it is not just dominiated by force users, but anyone who stealths has a bigger advantage. So also need to remove that, so once you pass half way you cant stealth.

And then we are back to the stun fest that I mentioned earlier.

In other words less skill, more luck.

Oh yea i see Operatives owning the huttball field all day.

Assasins are force users.

The only time pull is useful is when your teammate doesn't know how to pass the ball, as ball passing and the sorc pull both have the same range and LOS requirement.

Pull cannot be intercepted, how is that better to pass?

and to pass you need LOS

nice deflect, if everyone is with the ball carrier and the is on the ledge by himself, insta score...

i have yet to see an operative score a goal, but when i do, i will think about your once in a lifetime argument trying to defend pulls/leap is balanced in an huttball match

They are gonna get rid of tank jumping and sorc pulling.

They wouldnt of added pass if they wanted all these acrobatic moves to be involved.

when they ask for a team play style game they want pass to player to player, not pull player to you or jump to a teammate. :p

lol

Good teams use their skills to win. They don't waste time complaining about teams that communicate and work with what they have ;)

Maybe that's why these normal player skills ARE allowed......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.