Seers, what is the best companion?

mastermaj

The lizard guy Quizan Fee or whatever his name is seems to be a pretty good partner. However, I was wondering who is the best choice?

I tried reading the guide, but it didn't really elaborate on who for who type thing.

Depends on what level you are. I used Qyzen Fess for the majority of the game, he hits pretty hard for a tank and is easy to keep up while still dpsing in most quests. I changed in the 40's when I got another companion (not gonna say who as I dont know your level and dont want to ruin the story for you) which I found much better and more fun.

Depends on what level you are. I used Qyzen Fess for the majority of the game, he hits pretty hard for a tank and is easy to keep up while still dpsing in most quests. I changed in the 40's when I got another companion (not gonna say who as I dont know your level and dont want to ruin the story for you) which I found much better and more fun.

Spoilers in this case don't bother me because I don't want to waste my time gearing up a companion just to find out Qyzan Fess was the better choice.

Spoilers in this case don't bother me because I don't want to waste my time gearing up a companion just to find out Qyzan Fess was the better choice.

OK, Qyzen is great up until you get Nadia in my opinion. Nadia is a DPS shadow you get in you 40's, can't remeber exactly when. She is really easy to gear up, just keep your old orange gear to give to her and you can remod them for her. I would gear the heck out of Qyzen and keep him up to date with gear, then use Nadia when you get her and gear her up with your old gear.

The fights go a lot faster with Nadia and she is fairly easy to keep up in most fights. You will be doing more healing and less DPS when you get Nadia but She hits a heck of a lot harder.

Edited by Ruuprect

Personally I think Qyzen is way better then Nadia.

Qyzen hits almost as hard as Nadia, has more AoE takes WAY less damage and keeps aggro.

Combat is imo more enjoyable with him since enemies wont be running around hitting both you and your companion, they will just hit him. His good defense gives less downtime (especially if you abuse de-summon/summon (either by doing so or by mounting dismounting) to up his health every 3-4 encounters. (That also resets cooldown on his Deploy Shields)

Almost all encounters goes like this for me.

Bubble Qyzen (depending on the size of the group, usually skipping if it's only 3 mobs) -> Force Quake -> Force Quake or Force In Balance -> Finish off or FIB (if I did a 2nd Quake).

And everything is dead and all in the same spot since he keeps aggro. No force or time "wasted" on heals during normal combat.

Qyzen hits almost as hard as Nadia, has more AoE takes WAY less damage and keeps aggro.

Combat is imo more enjoyable with him since enemies wont be running around hitting both you and your companion, they will just hit him. His good defense gives less downtime (especially if you abuse de-summon/summon (either by doing so or by mounting dismounting) to up his health every 3-4 encounters. (That also resets cooldown on his Deploy Shields)

Almost all encounters goes like this for me.

Bubble Qyzen (depending on the size of the group, usually skipping if it's only 3 mobs) -> Force Quake -> Force Quake or Force In Balance -> Finish off or FIB (if I did a 2nd Quake).

And everything is dead and all in the same spot since he keeps aggro. No force or time "wasted" on heals during normal combat.

This is true in DPS spec, but most full seer specs dont have FIB as you need 11 pts in the TK tree. But yea I agree you could use Qyzen to the end as well. I just switched to Nadia for a change in playstyle to keep it interesting to me. It seemed to me that the fights went a little faster with Nadia, but the difference was probably negligable.

Qyzen is a beast though in good gear ;)

Everyone uses Qzeen at the start.

After that you will see wildly varying opinions as to who to use, depending on your specs, etc.

I have seen so many different threads with so many different preferences, it makes my head hurt. I do not think there is any one perfect companion once you start getting new ones after Qzeen.

Ultimately, however, the one consensus everyone agrees on is that whichever companion you opt for, that toon should be as well geared as possible.

I am surprised no one said Tharan Cedrax. As a DPS sage, He was easily my best companion once I got him. I couldn't remember a fight that was even close with him around.

I turned off his DPS and set him for CC and heals .

With holiday and his heals, you can rip through mobs easy. Nadia was way too squishy for me to keep her healed (with only base line heals). I can see she might be good for a seer sage though.

EDIT: Just realized the OP is talking about seer. in which case, lizard or nadia is the way I would think.

Edited by rydgaze

Nadia was way more useful to me than Qyzen. The damage she deals is much better (her unique AOE attacks hit hard) and she isn't that hard to heal. Some people say they switch back to a tank companion for elites, but I never had to. As it is, tank companions are a little bit weaker than I think they should be.

Depends on your play style.

Qyzen - Melee Tank

Tharan - Ranged Heals

Zenith - Ranged DPS

Lt. Iresso - Ranged Tank

Nadia - Melee DPS

I've never used C2-N2 because he annoys me, but I'm guessing he'd be Melee Healer? I don't know.

Basically, if you're a Healer you want a Tank or a DPS companion. Tank for survivability, DPS for more damage.

If you're a DPS you want a Healer or Tank companion. Healer for survivability, Tank to keep aggro while you burst people down.

If you're a Tank you want a Healer or DPS companion. Healer for survivability, DPS for quicker fights.

You COULD, theoretically pair two of the same archetype together but it's probably not going to help you much. Best combo there might be DPS/DPS to just tear through NPCs, although boss fights might be hard to manage.

Edited by SnakeAes

Depends on your play style.

I've never used C2-N2 because he annoys me, but I'm guessing he'd be Melee Healer? I don't know.

Basically, if you're a Healer you want a Tank or a DPS companion. Tank for survivability, DPS for more damage.

If you're a DPS you want a Healer or Tank companion. Healer for survivability, Tank to keep aggro while you burst people down.

If you're a Tank you want a Healer or DPS companion. Healer for survivability, DPS for quicker fights.

Have to agree with not using C2-N2. He is a melee healer. He annoyed me so much at one point when i got onto my ship I purposefully dragged him out to fight XD. Teach him to say, "Every time I see you come back from a mission I thank the maker I was not designed for combat."

And I do agree with these points. It all boils down to how you want to play, and if you group with one person what companion you drag out. So far I have yet to use anyone other then Quizan in true fighting. He keeps the mobs on him, and i just top him off once in a great while and we just slaughter everything. Even was brave and tried an Elite 2 levels over me. Was a lot of fun.

When I get my dps companion geared I'll switch aorund and see how it goes, but untill then Quizan is who i use.

I have used Tharan when i got him. I'm 44 now and still plan to use him, even instead of Nadia and such. He has a nice CC and he keeps me up to 70% + of my hp. maybe it'll be different though as I go into Voss but right now and since lvl 24, I've used Tharan only.

not even close. Both Zenith and Nadia deal a heck of a lot more damage when well geared and I'll dare say even Iresso will give him a run for his money simply because it's a pain getting proper weapon for Qyzen. Cedrax, of course, is relatively useless for Seers.

Out of all those, Nadia wins for me in all three specs. When properly geared, she can take some beating and deal a LOT of damage, meaning as a Seer you shouldn't have issues with her health and when dpsing, you can use her as a form of CC on trash while you take down the big targets. By the time you're done with the big ones, she will have cleaned the smaller ones most of the time.

At level 50, geared in columi-level gear (no set bonuses, though, since I'm using orange items mostly), I can steamroll the entire Red Reaper except last boss using Nadia alone as a hybrid 0/13/28. If I was a healer, she'd be an obvious choice for last boss as well.

Edited by tufy

As a Seer, I've stuck with the lizard. Nadia is useful but I've gotten so used to him and he tanks so well that I don't really feel comfortable doing anything else. I've tried Zenith - huge DPS but too squishy. Hate Theran but keep him semi-geared because I duo and having another healer along with such great Crowd Control (Holiday) can be useful. Iresso is the bland. human version of Qyzen.

Nadia's voice drives me nuts but she is useful. You don't get her until almost the end though by which point you really don't give a crap.

Either way the key to any companion is keeping them well geared.

Edited by eldelphia

Nadia was way more useful to me than Qyzen. The damage she deals is much better (her unique AOE attacks hit hard) and she isn't that hard to heal. Some people say they switch back to a tank companion for elites, but I never had to. As it is, tank companions are a little bit weaker than I think they should be.

Same here. On my Seer I used Qyzen (and then Iresso) until I got Nadia. Geared her out and haven't looked back since. She's such a beast as far as DPS is concerned, and Seers shouldn't have any trouble keeping her alive through any solo content. The only time I pull out the tank is when I want to try to solo a champion; a well geared Nadia will tank Elites without issue.

I've ran solely with "Fail Lizzard." (I don't take credit for the name, read it on the board here...), but it works for me. He's about 2 seconds late into fights, he runs all the way to the enemy that I've force lifted and then saunters back at a snails pace to aggro the mobs that get angry with me.

all that, and I still run with him. But I'm a healer...so that's not a huge surprise

Edited by priest