So how long is 'Give them time...'?

Voorshwa

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for all the people that are saying 'Give them time to do X...', how much time should we be giving them before we say enough is enough? This isn't a troll or a negative post, I'm just trying to pinpoint when we should be fed up.

Are we saying 6 months? 9 months? A year?

Personally, I think if there isn't a significant turnaround in 6 months then you seriously have to consider if the game has a long term future. I think after 6 months that you have to really start looking at Server Merges, forced faction balances, etc.

I truly don't want to see any of those things, but after so long you can't use the argument 'Give them time...' anymore. What are your thoughts?

V

I gave them 2 months to fix my performance issues and add combat parsing and other important PvE features.

They didn't.

I just unsubbed.

Six months... This game's subscription numbers have pretty obviously already "plateaued." While EA might have been downplaying how much monthly income they expected, I doubt they are thrilled that TOR didn't even hit two million before stalling. Especially considering they spent a couple hundred million making this game.

If subscription numbers start dropping like they have for almost every other MMORPG that's come out over the last few years within a couple months of launch... Well the Bantha Poodoo is going to hit the fan. They didn't even give Mythic a year after WAR launched before heads started rolling.

Without people to make new content and fix old content... Well, it doesn't get done. BioWare has six months to, at least, convince everyone still paying to keep paying. If they have not by that point then most of the people in Austin better update their resumes.

SirRobin! long time no read.

How are you enjoying the game?

I'm still disappointed with the 'space combat', but overall enjoying myself.

:)

I'd guess it would be around 7 years so it can catch up to wow as so many claim anyone who has any criticism of swtor is comparing it to and demanding that it is equal to wow 7 years after launch.

The problem there is after 7 years wow will have another 7 years of development, assuming it runs another 7 years.

Doubt Azzras actually does play. More likely a BioWare employee posting on a regular account to attempt damage control. Most companies do this.

In game right now, actually...dual monitors ftw.

And my profession is consulting.

I talk, basically tell others how to do their jobs, improve, etc.

I doubt BW would hire me after pre-launch post in the Space Combat thread.

(I still support full control space combat, Bioware.)

I figure if I could wait just a bout a year for WoW to become mostly stable then I can give SWTOR the same time frame.

Started WoW in Januray 2005 just under two months after it launched in November of 2004 and at that time the servers were still crashing and going down for hours sometimes days at a time. I remember months after starting the game I made an alt on another server just so I had something to play when my server went down.

If i can work through that kind of frustration and end up playing a game for almost 7 years I can wait a a hell of a long time on SWTOR considering that at this point in its life SWTOR is stable compared to what WoW was at this same time.

They've 'had enough time' to get things to be acceptable, and they didn't make the deadline.

The ones that set the deadline are the investors. Not even EA can control when investors will say get it out. And this game was very complex compared to say wow. So it did need a lot more time to make.

Edited by Romiz

That was extremely painful to read, but I did chew through it. Please, next time use paragraphs.

If you had read the whole thread I did define what things I was looking for based on feedback from people. Also, I am not trying to hide anything in my original post. I asked a legitimate question of the community to get an understanding of how everyone feels.

And if the thread is so worthless how come everyone that has viewed it has commented? I would say that's a successful post.

V

Pay no attention to that Blotter guy. He will inevitably come in to any post he perceives as negative and try to blow his nonsensical BS at it in a pathetic attempt to be Bioware's #1 excuse boy.

"So how long is 'Give them time...'? "

They have it marked on their calendars to fix everything and add 10 more raid dungeons the day after you quit.

Soooooooo...hurry up and quit already.

LOL,, you are right.. I will give them the time they need, I am no hurry, only other game I see playing this year is ME3, no more orcs or elfs for me for a very long time..:)

they seem to have a lot of their dev team focused on developing new content instead of fixing current content. until they get their priorities sorted we wont see any substantial fixes all at once or any time soon.

theyre still acting like there is nothing wrong with warzone pvp/combat imbalance, too..they wont even talk about it. if they designed it to be like this on purpose then i can see why people are canceling

advice for devs: relying on simple math doesnt mean something is balanced. just because you gave a lvl 10 the same hp that a lvl 49 has means very little. allowing the 49 to still have more dmg output higher defenses and access to pvp stats on pvp gear, but not sharing them with the lowbies through "bolster"..nothing is balanced and never will be

not balanced =/= fun

I'm going to go with no, not as long as you keep voicing the opinion that anyone who likes the game has no right posting on its forum

this is one of the more idiotic things i keep seeing people post that isnt actually a joke.

a lot of people actually think that differing opinions shouldnt be posted or mentioned at all...

a lot of you need to look into the dangers of a thing called "groupthink".

Edited by Anathar

Im just sick and tired of hearing everyone complaining. If you dont like the game don't play it! Majority of us enjoy it! I plan on playing swtor for a very long time!

people like you need to learn what complaints are for. staying silent doesnt mean you like something nor does it mean you care about it.

people that are more critical of a thing are actually the ones that are into it more and are more likely to keep playing for the long haul.

telling everyone to shut up just shows how likely you are to quit before they are.

Edited by Anathar

It's really simple. If you aren't having fun playing the game, unsub and do something else. Don't suffer through an unenjoyable game because you hope it might turn into a game you like.

Saying, "I'll wait two more months and then unsub if I still don't like it" is completely unreasonable because the development timetable is completely unrelated to your personal expectations. That kind of thinking wastes your money and sets you up for disappointment.

I love how people are saying quit quit quit to other people.

Dont these idiots realize that the more people quit the less populated the game is? The less money bioware makes? The less updates bioware can put up? And that this game will eventually turn out like Star wars galaxies then?

It's really simple. If you aren't having fun playing the game, unsub and do something else. Don't suffer through an unenjoyable game because you hope it might turn into a game you like.

Saying, "I'll wait two more months and then unsub if I still don't like it" is completely unreasonable because the development timetable is completely unrelated to your personal expectations. That kind of thinking wastes your money and sets you up for disappointment.

now see this is exactly what i said about that other guy (Bukakahoric) just now.

the people that are complaining are still into it and are bothering to mention what they dont like hoping it gets changed.

people like you and that other guy up there will just stay silent and quit instead of suggesting changes and sticking around to see them impliemted.

complaints arent as bad a thing as people like you make them out to be...not nearly.

nothing is ever as simple as people like you *cough* (make it out to be).

Edited by Anathar

I love how people are saying quit quit quit to other people.

Dont these idiots realize that the more people quit the less populated the game is? The less money bioware makes? The less updates bioware can put up? And that this game will eventually turn out like Star wars galaxies then?

Like SWG... you mean remain profitable for 9 years and have a small but dedicated fan base?

I'd take a small, dedicated fanbase over a super huge game any day of the week.

I've never actually played a really good game that had a large fan base. Most massive games are also not very good.

I don't know. I don't program games.

I took a QBasic class in college. My final was to make a self-moving maze. The code made sense, but it didn't work and I couldn't find the bug.

I'm assuming professional coders are better at it than me, but I still imagine fixing issues isn't as easy as writing my name.

My advice is quit.

WOW still have faction inbalances well into BC and that was 4 years. the only reason it started to balance is the casuals who mostly played alliance started to quit, they did nothing to try and move players from one side to the other. The queue times were the only thing that made people move. 3hr for AV for alliance 5 mins for horde.

They had PvP inbalances after that so 5 years +, and still not right even now.

BW are working on the UI changes, they are also trying to give the endgame guys more stuff, they are working on the GC issue, and are releasing more content fixes than any other MMO this early on in it's life, so complaining is just.....

so as I said...quit and avoid your obvious disappointment.

to be complaining like this 2 months in is just dumb.

So for all the people that are saying 'Give them time to do X...', how much time should we be giving them before we say enough is enough? This isn't a troll or a negative post, I'm just trying to pinpoint when we should be fed up.

Are we saying 6 months? 9 months? A year?

Depends on what your willing or able to pay for I guess. Personally I see my subscription as an investment. Even though I'm now playing WoW more then TOR, I see GREAT potential with TOR. I don't mind being a "stockholder" for at least a year.

Depends on what you want

Some people will never see all their little insignificant or fluff changes ever come

Some people will see some of what they want in the 1st 6 months

No one will see everything they want no matter how long the timeline

But speaking from experience, I give a new game 6 months.

6 months gives you a legitimate view of what direction they are heading in. It will not have everything everyone wants implemented, but you will see a defined path over that course of time

After I see 6 months and see what they say is on the horizon I make my choice

Problem is some people want the world, some people want everything that are in previous games

And honestly the answer could be they arent in there because they are deemed necessary, but most people just can't comprehend that

Fact is it your choice no one can tell you what quantity of time suits you

Mine is 6 months, and it could be completely different for 99% of the people