Nearly 2 months in and not a single 'Event'

WutsInAName

The holiday events are EVENTS. Just like the Zombie Invasion was an EVENT. Never once during the invasion did I see a staff member during the Invasion.

Please sir, remove that foot from your mouth it looks pretty silly.

Zombie Invastion = Staff Run Event, as in a staff memebr is spawning it on demand

Brewfest, Lovefest or other holiday junk = Static event, as in it is always the same wether there are 1000 people there or 0.

Please read OPs closly before responding and not look like this guy.

Edited by WutsInAName

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played MMOs for close to nine years, now. I have participated in exactly zero staff run events in that time. The sole exception was during a Beta, and even that was just part of the stress testing.

This is an MMO in every sense of the word. There is nothing in the concept of an MMO that remotely suggests that there are staff run events. Perhaps you are confusing MMO with Pen and Paper games where there is a dungeon master controlling the content of the game. :rolleyes:

Nine years? Sounds right about the time EQ lost it's way. Maybe the OP is referring to original EQ that had GM events constantly. Ahh those were the days.

The last thing I want is some Wookie love festival or dipping my berries with the Ewoks and seeing toons running around with cupid wings...when I played SWG I always avoided that crap like the plague.

Yep...or the assinine Pirate day in LOTRO :rolleyes: To be fair, the other holiday events fit in LOTRO, being a pseudo-Earth mythology.

But yeah, the SWG festivals were cringe-worthy.

If GW2 is anything like GW1, there will be lots of random GM run events. One of my favorite things about GW1 was how involved the GMs and company were with their own digital world.

Haven't seen, heard of, or talked to any living, breathing BW employee in game yet.

Or you could have GM involvement like was seen in EVE, where they rigged the game secretly in their favor (until it was discovered by the fans).

Zombie Invastion = Staff Run Event, as in a staff memebr is spawning it on demand

Brewfest, Lovefest or other holiday junk = Static event, as in it is always the same wether there are 1000 people there or 0.

Uh, Zombie Invasion wasn't staff run. People contracted the plague by clicking on infected crates which first appeared in Booty Bay iirc, then spread it around themselves.

I went to UC once during the Zombie Invasion. The city was empty except for a few zombies. That was it. There was no staff member spawning them. There were no spawns. And Holiday Events are still events. And they were generally bad.

Still not hearing why YOU can't put together something. You know, since this is a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game. Lots of players to have fun with. Have at.

But they had Rise of the Rakghouls which we were all clamoring for. I suppose I could go check that out. Anyone know where it is?

that is not an event, that was a bone tossed to poeple in endgame. It's the 1st part of the upcoming expak. An event is a one time, annual, and or seasonal that introduces new content for a short time then removes it. Assists with breaking up burn out, drawing a small bit of hype and basically letting devs/player base have a little fun.

Edited by BMBender

The "Zombie invasion" was a part of a prelude to an Expansion pack. It was not done by a GM who suddenly thought it would be a cool idea to spawn a infectious zombie in the middle of a capital.

You can state your complain if BW did not deliver any such events before their expansions. Refining the game play and providing new content to the "rush to 50 and I'm bored" gang is probably a higher priority for the Developers.

Even with that the patch 1.2 is going to expand upon legacy, which I would consider as in a same category of events. Its like in these boards everyone have a favourite item they like added to the game, but all of them want it right now.

I went to UC once during the Zombie Invasion. The city was empty except for a few zombies. That was it. There was no staff member spawning them. There were no spawns. And Holiday Events are still events. And they were generally bad.

Still not hearing why YOU can't put together something. You know, since this is a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game. Lots of players to have fun with. Have at.

Clearly this is above your head....

When I say zombie invasion I am NOT refering to the one time event in WOW. Zombie invasions have been happening since the UO days, WAY before wow. And yes it refers to a Staff Run event where staff are... yes you guessed it involved in the event. Most people seem to understand this....why can you not? Are you trying hard not to or something..

The "Zombie invasion" was a part of a prelude to an Expansion pack. It was not done by a GM who suddenly thought it would be a cool idea to spawn a infectious zombie in the middle of a capital.

You can state your complain if BW did not deliver any such events before their expansions. Refining the game play and providing new content to the "rush to 50 and I'm bored" gang is probably a higher priority for the Developers.

Even with that the patch 1.2 is going to expand upon legacy, which I would consider as in a same category of events. Its like in these boards everyone have a favourite item they like added to the game, but all of them want it right now.

Actually, I'm very happy with the way the game is now.

Clearly this is above your head....

When I say zombie invasion I am NOT refering to the one time event in WOW. Zombie invasions have been happening since the UO days, WAY before wow.

I thought you were referring to the pain in the *** that was the lead in to wrath.

You still haven't explained why you can't come up with anything.

This game would clearly benefit from events to help make the universe feel more alive and dynamic. And no, I don't mean seasonal events, but story events like an Imperial offensive in a Republic sector that calls on the heroes of both sides to do battle.

But WoW didn't do much of the one-off events like this and Bioware will be having enough problems simply making enough permanent content never mind single-use content, so I doubt we'll see much if any events.

This game would clearly benefit from events to help make the universe feel more alive and dynamic. And no, I don't mean seasonal events, but story events like an Imperial offensive in a Republic sector that calls on the heroes of both sides to do battle.

With the massive descrepencies between the number of Imperial vs Republic players, I don't think an invasion would work. What would like end up happening is a WG scenario where the out-numbered faction gets some major buff, and the super geared people become completely unstoppable.

why is that?

it is a game you are playing online with a massive amount of people....that's what it is. That's the reality of the definition..

Where? I play on a Heavy/Standard server, and be it Imperial or Republic, I might see 7-10 other players in the open-world per week (and yes, I am usually on during prime-time).

Please tell me where the massive amounts of players are. Please! Unless you mean all standing around in the lobby . . . i.e. . . . Fleet. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jumajin

Please tell me where the massive amounts of players are. Please! Unless you mean all standing around in the lobby . . . i.e. . . . Fleet. :rolleyes:

Well, that's where they are. Can't change that. Unless, of course, you worked on getting a large group of people together to do something completely off the wall.

Like getting a bunch of level 10's to go kill some random world boss, or even a really strong elite.

Seasonal Events + Star Wars = crap. Sorry every Christmas seasonal style STar Wars thing ever done ever was terrible and honestly the Gimmicky load of crap that Seasonal events are in MMO are annoying.

/agree.

Just say no to Pink Hearts, Pumpkins, and Christmas trees in the Star Wars universe. Don't want them, don't need them.

Where? I play on a Heavy/Standard server, and be it Imperial or Republic, I might see 7-10 other players in the open-world per week (and yes, I am usually on during prime-time).

Unfortunately this is going to happen in any MMO that is going to be released at this point. Its just that the worlds are only used for questing and gaining levels. With people getting max level and with no real reason to be there out in the world(s).

Couple of solutions is to actually place max level content spreaded across the galaxy or to provide alternative progression paths besides raids or instanced pvp that is of equivalent value, like advanced quest lines, random base sieges.

Couple of solutions is to actually place max level content spreaded across the galaxy or to provide alternative progression paths besides raids or instanced pvp that is of equivalent value, like advanced quest lines, random base sieges.

The only problem with that is that you end up forcing people to spend an incredibly long time traveling from one are to another to do something. Unless they add summoning stones/teleporters.

That won't really help the world, just piss people off.

Well, that's where they are. Can't change that. Unless, of course, you worked on getting a large group of people together to do something completely off the wall.

Like getting a bunch of level 10's to go kill some random world boss, or even a really strong elite.

Are you a fool? Cant change that? Really get a grip on reality dude. It can certainly be changed its called giving people a reason to NOT stand on fleet.

This is accomplished by several ways.

1) LFG Tool so people dont have to go to fleet if they want a FP

2) Allow to queue for pvp from anywhere - you already can however ...

3) Get RID of mission drop boxes especially for daily/weekly FP/WZ turn in as this is the ONLY reason you see 50 people crowded around pvp quest terminal so that can accept queue and hand in without moving as that would take longer.

4) Allow fast/quick travel from planet to planet wihout the whole boardship run through orbital station crap.

How hard is that?!!?

But they had Rise of the Rakghouls which we were all clamoring for. I suppose I could go check that out. Anyone know where it is?

They put in new content and nobody noticed because nobody can find a group to do existing content to care about new content.

Spread across more then a dozen planets (some very large in playable size) across the galaxy, across two factions, on their ships, in missions, in flashpoints, etc. etc. :rolleyes:

I know it's sad that they aren't all following you around in your backyard 7/24 waiting on your every breath, but they have their own objectives to pursue in the game. :D