Heat generation

Lukcaltron

Nope. Easy test (mr. Tester in game industry), use an ability at 0 heat and see how much it generates. I would naturally assume you did this but your wording and lack of #s suggests otherwise.

Don't forget to check you build to make sure you have the appropriate skills that reduce certain skill's heat costs.

Love how the fact that no matter what I post, it seems I get flamed, no matter what.

Thanks.

Have you even read your forum signature? If you are a professional tester, wouldn't you actually support your claim with test results?

EDIT* I just saw that you removed that little bit about you being a Game Tester from your signature.

Edited by monkgryphon

Anyone else having an issue with heat generation?

Seems as though the abilities are generating more. anyone else?

Oh I have NO problem generating it! It's just WAY too much. Yes, that's sarcasm!

I'm just working on learning how to manage it better. Doesn't seem like other classes I group with have the resource problem I do, but it's not horrible.

Nope. Easy test (mr. Tester in game industry), use an ability at 0 heat and see how much it generates. I would naturally assume you did this but your wording and lack of #s suggests otherwise.

Don't forget to check you build to make sure you have the appropriate skills that reduce certain skill's heat costs.

You know, that may seem to make sense.

But unless you did this prior to the point where you get the notion that it seems high, you would have nothing to compare to.

Unfortunately we as players do not have the ability to roll back patches and re-test stuff.

Anyone else having an issue with heat generation?

Seems as though the abilities are generating more. anyone else?

no spec, no numbers, no idea

you using the right cylinder? whenever i have too much heat i look down and realize i switched cylinders to heal a tank in a pinch and forgot to change back.

I have BIG issues with it. I have full tier gear, and i use A LOT of rapid shots, but still heat slowly builds up, And problem is WHEN it is on max, and i use rapid shot, after maybe 30 sec i can do one tracer, and if that not crit it's full heat again, and i need wait 30 sec more and so on, you can see the issue...

Heat system is WORST OUT THERE! is by far the worst out there, pve or pvp! what could fixed this is more heat loss in attacks, OR reduce cooldown on vent heat from 2 min to 1 min, 2 min is a joke.............!

And don't tell me, "you must be unlucky crits" i have 35% crit chance... Without buff from others!

Still i always get heat, and like i said i use rapid shot's alot between my spells....!

I have BIG issues with it. I have full tier gear, and i use A LOT of rapid shots, but still heat slowly builds up, And problem is WHEN it is on max, and i use rapid shot, after maybe 30 sec i can do one tracer, and if that not crit it's full heat again, and i need wait 30 sec more and so on, you can see the issue...

Heat system is WORST OUT THERE! is by far the worst out there, pve or pvp! what could fixed this is more heat loss in attacks, OR reduce cooldown on vent heat from 2 min to 1 min, 2 min is a joke.............!

And don't tell me, "you must be unlucky crits" i have 35% crit chance... Without buff from others!

Still i always get heat, and like i said i use rapid shot's alot between my spells....!

what is your rotation?

i have little to no issues with heat and i can go 5 minutes straight casting casting and use rapid shots maybe once.

have you read the 509485309583 posts on heat? if you are over 39 heat you are beginning to hit failure mode, over 70 and yes, you fail (unless you have vent heat)

i mean i actually have a hard time getting my heat over 40 sometimes due to crits.

the only two attacks you mention are tracer and rapid shot, that may be your issue, unload is your friend, and free railshots mmmmmmm

Edited by Yazule

what is your rotation?

i have little to no issues with heat and i can go 5 minutes straight casting casting and use rapid shots maybe once.

have you read the 509485309583 posts on heat? if you are over 39 heat you are beginning to hit failure mode, over 70 and yes, you fail (unless you have vent heat)

i mean i actually have a hard time getting my heat over 40 sometimes due to crits.

the only two attacks you mention are tracer and rapid shot, that may be your issue, unload is your friend, and free railshots mmmmmmm

Hmm 2 tracer's and then rapid shots, then 2 + rapid again, then one more tracers then heatseeker, and unload everytime i get proc, but also times when i dont have proc. That's usualy it, and trying rapid before i'm half way to heat..

Heat is one of the best mechanics out there. Its better than having to build rage.

In boss fights, there is often a phase where everyone runs, waits, etc. BH recharge heat during this time when others lose Rage.

If you have several quick fights in rapic succession, Heat is best because you benefit from the downtime.

Hmm 2 tracer's and then rapid shots, then 2 + rapid again, then one more tracers then heatseeker, and unload everytime i get proc, but also times when i dont have proc. That's usualy it, and trying rapid before i'm half way to heat..

Here's some stuff I've been thinking about, I would suggest this rotation:

- thermal override

- fusion missile

- pop buffs/stims like relic/reusable reflex stim to max crit%

- 3 tracer missiles minimum, but if crits are occurring keep firing them until buffs wear off

- unload, first

- heatseeker, second

- 2 tracer missiles (if 5 heat signatures aren't there yet)

- rail shot (ideally use at 5 heat sigs)

- unload/heatseeker every time they proc, unless debuff is low, then tracer missile again

After this initial ration, it becomes a priority system, more like a juggling act, not with really a set order.

Using Heatseeker before Unload seems like the natural sequence, but someone in another thread mentioned he got much better results when switching them up. I tried it myself and he was right, overall significantly more heat dissipation through crits.

You might be able to work Explosive Dart in there, some skills can be piggybacked following right after thermal override + fusion missile with zero heat like Heatseeker.

You also may want to 'weave' Rapid Shots in between every other skill once things start heating up. Keep the heat signature refreshed at 5 with Tracer Missiles.

Concussion Missile can be seen as a heat reducer, since cc'ing a hard target allows your heat time to dissipate, before re-engaging.

Get your shield up when you start taking focus damage. Rocket Punch and Jet Boost can be used as interrupts along with Electro Dart. Using two Electro Darts back-to-back through Heroic Moment is fine and can be a breather to heal up or cool down.

Use Vent Heat to bring you down to the lowest tier of heat. Don't burst heat up to max and Vent Heat, you'll still get stuck in a high heat bracket. Better to get maybe around 75% heat then use it. In some cases, like fighting a boss, it's possible it may take longer than two minutes, in which case using Vent Heat sooner rather than later allows it to cooldown in time for another use.

Edited by devilinhell

Here's some stuff I've been thinking about, I would suggest this rotation:

- thermal override

- fusion missile

- pop buffs/stims like relic/reusable reflex stim to max crit%

- 3 tracer missiles minimum, but if crits are occurring keep firing them until buffs wear off

- unload, first

- heatseeker, second

- 2 tracer missiles (if 5 heat signatures aren't there yet)

- rail shot (ideally use at 5 heat sigs)

- unload/heatseeker every time they proc, unless debuff is low, then tracer missile again

After this initial ration, it becomes a priority system, more like a juggling act, not with really a set order.

Using Heatseeker before Unload seems like the natural sequence, but someone in another thread mentioned he got much better results when switching them up. I tried it myself and he was right, overall significantly more heat dissipation through crits.

You might be able to work Explosive Dart in there, some skills can be piggybacked following right after thermal override + fusion missile with zero heat like Heatseeker.

You also may want to 'weave' Rapid Shots in between every other skill once things start heating up. Keep the heat signature refreshed at 5 with Tracer Missiles.

Concussion Missile can be seen as a heat reducer, since cc'ing a hard target allows your heat time to dissipate, before re-engaging.

Get your shield up when you start taking focus damage. Rocket Punch and Jet Boost can be used as interrupts along with Electro Dart. Using two Electro Darts back-to-back through Heroic Moment is fine and can be a breather to heal up or cool down.

Use Vent Heat to bring you down to the lowest tier of heat. Don't burst heat up to max and Vent Heat, you'll still get stuck in a high heat bracket. Better to get maybe around 75% heat then use it. In some cases, like fighting a boss, it's possible it may take longer than two minutes, in which case using Vent Heat sooner rather than later allows it to cooldown in time for another use.

Yeah i know about this mate, and i do :S

"Using Heatseeker before Unload seems like the natural sequence, but someone in another thread mentioned he got much better results when switching them up." <-- that is new gonna try that.

Anyways thanks for advice =)

Edited by DEuZZ

right now I've been playing around with my rotation, and I find that I can go on forever without ever overheating unless I mess up my priority.

always remember, cast times and channeling = heat venting. instant cast will cause you to build heat rapidly.

I have a 4 piece set bonus to give me that free rail shot and I have about 30-35% crit chance, so im constantly venting 8 heat every 3 seconds.

unlike most people who uses fusion missiles in their rotations, I dont bother with it since I use my thermo override sensors on unload.

like the above poster said, I found using unload before heat seeker will cause your heat to be reduce a lot more than otherwise, cuz using heat seeker will most likly push you over the 40 heat mark and thus reduce your venting from 5 to 3 thus while you use unload your venting will be around 9 instead of 15. also using thermo override sensors on unload will not only make it free, but will force your heat to be venting for the 3 seconds and also the proc of 8 vented heat.

so priority should always be

rail shot (if tracer lock is at 5)

unload (with thermo sensor override if heat is at 24 or more)

heat seeker missiles (if heat signatures at 5)

tracer missile

and use vent heat when your heat reaches 80