Heat generation

Lukcaltron

Hmm 2 tracer's and then rapid shots, then 2 + rapid again, then one more tracers then heatseeker, and unload everytime i get proc, but also times when i dont have proc. That's usualy it, and trying rapid before i'm half way to heat..

i really dont understand if you have heatseaker you should be venting heat

assuming you have 30% crit or better?

*edit, had HS in where TM belonged, just a bit tarded and now fixed*

2xTM = 50heat - 18(fluting) - 8 (assumign you will crit one) - 15 (3 seconds of 5hps) = 9 heat

you need to hit rapid shots after 2 missles? even if you dont crit you are at 18 heat ... so assume 18 heat

unload = 16 heat - 15 (3 second cast) -8 (assuming a crit) + 18 (where you started) = 11

you are at 11 heat and you started at 18!!!! if you were at 9 heat when you hit unload you are at zero heat

rotation should be TM/TM/Unload/HS/TM/TM/TM/Rail ... but always hit unload when it is up... it is a heat vent with damage attached. if you crit one of the first TM's you can do TM/TM/TM/Unload/HS/TM/TM/Rail

I seriously hope that helps.

it really is not that hard... once you have heat under control then worry about edart or fusion...

Edited by Yazule

I have BIG issues with it. I have full tier gear, and i use A LOT of rapid shots, but still heat slowly builds up, And problem is WHEN it is on max, and i use rapid shot, after maybe 30 sec i can do one tracer, and if that not crit it's full heat again, and i need wait 30 sec more and so on, you can see the issue...

Heat system is WORST OUT THERE! is by far the worst out there, pve or pvp! what could fixed this is more heat loss in attacks, OR reduce cooldown on vent heat from 2 min to 1 min, 2 min is a joke.............!

And don't tell me, "you must be unlucky crits" i have 35% crit chance... Without buff from others!

Still i always get heat, and like i said i use rapid shot's alot between my spells....!

??? you are lvl 50??? and you are playing BH??? Seriously?

Firts check your build and abilities, you are using. And check your rotation. You dont mention the spec. So i post my expiriance. I am 50lvl mercenary arsenal and have 0 issue with heat.

For DPS using this rotaiton (and some variants)

3x TM - HM -Unload (if procs) - 2x TM - if 5x marks Railshot . Thats it...and sometimes throwing rapid shots. For more dps you can toss some power surge + DOT missile.

I am always around 30 heat on long boss fights.

Here is some fine guide. Read it and you never will have heat problem. Its for DPS mercs, but there are many bacis features mentioned. It not about flaming you. But i am always supprised, how can anyone play a class and not know the BASICS... if ill be a bit hard on you , i will say UTFG (use the f...g google)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1055439-Bounty-Hunter-Merc-dps-guide-(Arsenal-Spec)

i really dont understand if you have heatseaker you should be venting heat

assuming you have 30% crit or better?

*edit, had HS in where TM belonged, just a bit tarded and now fixed*

2xTM = 50heat - 18(fluting) - 8 (assumign you will crit one) - 15 (3 seconds of 5hps) = 9 heat

you need to hit rapid shots after 2 missles? even if you dont crit you are at 18 heat ... so assume 18 heat

unload = 16 heat - 15 (3 second cast) -8 (assuming a crit) + 18 (where you started) = 11

you are at 11 heat and you started at 18!!!! if you were at 9 heat when you hit unload you are at zero heat

rotation should be TM/TM/Unload/HS/TM/TM/TM/Rail ... but always hit unload when it is up... it is a heat vent with damage attached. if you crit one of the first TM's you can do TM/TM/TM/Unload/HS/TM/TM/Rail

I seriously hope that helps.

it really is not that hard... once you have heat under control then worry about edart or fusion...

Thank's i will try it, well reason i did rapid so early, is since if i don't i usualy go up to 50% heat, and after that it's downhill fall.. I did not write the spell to free cast and vent heat, as i tough people understand i use that, i just wanted say my rotations. But i'm gonna try urs.

??? you are lvl 50??? and you are playing BH??? Seriously?

Firts check your build and abilities, you are using. And check your rotation. You dont mention the spec. So i post my expiriance. I am 50lvl mercenary arsenal and have 0 issue with heat.

For DPS using this rotaiton (and some variants)

3x TM - HM -Unload (if procs) - 2x TM - if 5x marks Railshot . Thats it...and sometimes throwing rapid shots. For more dps you can toss some power surge + DOT missile.

I am always around 30 heat on long boss fights.

Here is some fine guide. Read it and you never will have heat problem. Its for DPS mercs, but there are many bacis features mentioned. It not about flaming you. But i am always supprised, how can anyone play a class and not know the BASICS... if ill be a bit hard on you , i will say UTFG (use the f...g google)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1055439-Bounty-Hunter-Merc-dps-guide-(Arsenal-Spec)

Yeah i am 50 i have 4 parts of tier 2 also. And my build is almost the same as the link you post out.

I've got some tip from this post, so it's going better now, other's wrote different rotation then you use, and it was better, less heat then your's, after 2-3 tracers i use unload then heatseeker and then more tracer then rail shot etc..

Was better for me to use unload after tracers and not heatseeker..

Oh I have NO problem generating it! It's just WAY too much. Yes, that's sarcasm!

I'm just working on learning how to manage it better. Doesn't seem like other classes I group with have the resource problem I do, but it's not horrible.

Smugglers, Imperial Agents, and Troopers all use the same system. More or less. You just have to keep your heat below 40%. Its not that hard. Anytime I see my Heat hit 50% I spam my basic attack for a bit. As a healer, going over 40-50% is a death sentence. If I still need to hit stronger heals, using Super Charged Gas heaps as it buffs my heals, and instantly vents 16 heat. Anytime my heat hits 80-90% I hit Vent Heat and usually Super Charged Gas to boot.

Yeah i am 50 i have 4 parts of tier 2 also. And my build is almost the same as the link you post out.

I've got some tip from this post, so it's going better now, other's wrote different rotation then you use, and it was better, less heat then your's, after 2-3 tracers i use unload then heatseeker and then more tracer then rail shot etc..

Was better for me to use unload after tracers and not heatseeker..

I changed the rotation too, based on this thread. It is better to have unload befor HM.. thx

Edited by Sipkos